Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Oct 20, 2021, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Originally Posted by Cthunder86

LAS to DFW at 7am. Smoke salmon breakfast was actually pretty good. Other option was some sort of egg sandwhich.
That actually looks better than the breakfast I was served on my PHX-DTW AA flight two weeks ago. I had a turkey sandwich made with a croissant. Not awful. That salmon looks pretty good (although that's kind of a sad looking bagel).
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:11 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I agree that the meal above looks better and healthier than any other current non-premium trans-con breakfast. I would have been happy to have had that over some of the breakfasts I have been given. It's still crazy that they served all of that together with no cream cheese.
wrp96, BWISkyGuy and zeer0 like this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
I agree that the meal above looks better and healthier than any other current non-premium trans-con breakfast. I would have been happy to have had that over some of the breakfasts I have been given. It's still crazy that they served all of that together with no cream cheese.
I agree that no cream cheese is odd although salmon isn't something I would ever want for breakfast...yuck. If the egg sandwich was warmed with bacon or sausage, that would have been my first choice.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:47 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
I still don't get what the packet in the bottom-left corner cup is, though, if it wasn't cream cheese... OP said butter, but the pat of butter is in the top-right. And a packet of butter that size would be way more than 140 calories (and would be an odd thing to provide / something I haven't seen), whereas a squeezable packet of cream cheese that size would likely be 140 cals...
TWA884 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I still don't get what the packet in the bottom-left corner cup is, though, if it wasn't cream cheese... OP said butter, but the pat of butter is in the top-right. And a packet of butter that size would be way more than 140 calories (and would be an odd thing to provide / something I haven't seen), whereas a squeezable packet of cream cheese that size would likely be 140 cals...
To me, the contents of the cup look like the balled up film from the plates, the salt/pepper packet, and the wrapper from the bagel... But that's just a guess.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Any idea what they're serving for JFK-MIA on their 77W? I'd imagine that doesn't qualify as a special/premium transcon, so you just get whatever is normal for an ~1100mi domestic route, but seeing conflicting info on what that might be. Not sure if it's a cold sandwich or some fruit, or a hot meal.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta GM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
MIA-LAX Flagship First Menu

Flying flagship first transcontinental MIA-LAX, attached is the lunch menu. Leaning towards the filet or does anyone have a suggestion?. Pretty disappointed in the wine and spirits selection. Thought they would have Johnny Walker Blue label and Grand Siecle.

Old Oct 22, 2021, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Any idea what they're serving for JFK-MIA on their 77W? I'd imagine that doesn't qualify as a special/premium transcon, so you just get whatever is normal for an ~1100mi domestic route, but seeing conflicting info on what that might be. Not sure if it's a cold sandwich or some fruit, or a hot meal.
Cold sandwich or salad.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by wrp96
Cold sandwich or salad.
What kind of salad these days on domestic flights? Had a salad last month on AA that was like a bunch of seeds rather than a regular green salad.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
What kind of salad these days on domestic flights? Had a salad last month on AA that was like a bunch of seeds rather than a regular green salad.
The salad would be like the one in this post. Not a regular green salad.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33659219-post3170.html
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by wrp96
The salad would be like the one in this post. Not a regular green salad.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33659219-post3170.html
Ugh ! It's the same disgusting salad I was served. It looks like a mess. If UA can serve hot meals, there's no reason why AA can't.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Does anyone know the email for this James Beard fellow? I'd like to show him the taco salad and see if he wants his name associated with it.
corky, platbrownguy, uxb and 6 others like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
The taco beef salad and the sunflower seed birdfood on AA probably ranks as the worst meals served on an airline right now in North America. I'd rather eat the cold cereal on Delta. The cold sandwiches missing the main ingredients on AA takes a close second.

Last edited by SKYEG; Oct 22, 2021 at 6:38 pm
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SKYEG
sunflower seed birdfood
Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SKYEG
The taco beef salad and the sunflower seed birdfood on AA probably ranks as the worst meals served on an a airline right now in North America. I'd rather eat the cold cereal on Delta. The cold sandwiches missing the main ingredients on AA takes a close second.
I just found his foundation and sent him an email. If he replies I'll be amazed.
platbrownguy, SKYEG and LCSinTexas like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.