Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2021, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, B6, WN
Originally Posted by dll
I have a December domestic longhaul (not one of the existing "premium" transcons) booked in F. 5-hour flight during breakfast window outbound and dinner window on return. When I booked it said "refreshments" but I noticed in booking that it's been changed to "Breakfast" and "Dinner." Not sure if that signals the return of something hot or is just their recognition that what's on offer now is indeed becoming permanent.
Supposedly hot meals return 11/10, bookings after that date now list breakfast/lunch/dinner rather than refreshments. I don’t know if any details have been released regarding what the new hot meals will be.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by 985X

Oct 23rd ORD-SEA AA1240 A321S 8am departure. That coconut dessert is very nice!
What's that in the bagel ? Warm egg, cheese, both?
Old Oct 27, 2021, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI;[url=tel:33680927
33680927[/url]]What's that in the bagel ? Warm egg, cheese, both?
Pretty sure that’s a croissant. And maybe egg salad?
AJSpark and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Cthunder86

Miami to LAX yesterday. Prob the worst warm meal I’ve had from them in the last 18 months. Luckily I had my full at the FL. It was a chicken dish
Not sure what any of that is. Looks disgusting. If those are dill pickle halves, that would be about the only thing I would eat from that mess.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Neil Jones
Sorry but European carriers do NOT serve courses, as a proud European I have Flown IB, BA, LH,LX, SK and KL/AF recently all meals are served on a single tray, and that is it!!!, most do not serve drink's unless at meals times, so not sure where you got your information from but it is not correct, sorry
AF, KL, LX, and even LH I think are serving coursed meals on tatl routes. And all those listed carriers (except for IB maybe) are doing pdbs and are doing multiple drink runs in J, even BA
zeer0 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I tried to make a planter out of the roll in which to plant the asparagus but that was not successful. So, as one is never too old to play with his food ....

Gor-May delicacies only a Spirit passenger could appreciate.
I released the golf ball, err... bun (identical in size & texture, less the divots) from the "plastique" for this photo opportunity highlighting the immensity of the butter patty. LAX-JFK

Not great but the better transcon meal to date. Not memorable by any means.

Itty bitty bun or enormous butter patty?

James
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Itty bitty bun or enormous butter patty?

James
Neither?

Historically a "pat" (not "patty") of butter was 1/48 of a pound, so ~9.5 grams. So that's a normal-ish pat of butter on your tray. Is it more than I (or any ordinary person) would put on that dinner roll, sure... next time: melt it into the rice!
Old Oct 28, 2021, 2:59 pm

I'm booked to fly MIA-JFK in a month (November 28) on a 777-300. The flight is coded as dinner. Can you pre-reserve meals for this flight? If not, do you know what options there are?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Unless something changes with the expansion of meal service, you can currently only pre-order meals of JFK-SFO/LAX flights and DFW-Hawaii domestically.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Neither?

Historically a "pat" (not "patty") of butter was 1/48 of a pound, so ~9.5 grams. So that's a normal-ish pat of butter on your tray. Is it more than I (or any ordinary person) would put on that dinner roll, sure... next time: melt it into the rice!
Neither? It was a very small bun. Sorry if the humour was "squash'd" in translation. The 10g Scottish butter 'pat' is larger than most and a standardized sizing is akin to a 'cup' of coffee; 6oz - 24oz.

Good tip on melting the butter into the rice. If only the rice was warm enough to melt it. Not really a need to add more salt to an already bland dish laden with it. 😉

Definitely a poor presentation and a lack of flavour with a 'seasoned' salty aftertaste but at least there was a cloth serviette and since prepaid, no cheque with the recommended tip amount. 😀

James
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:41 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
pretty funny today when the FA mentioned that tomato pesto may not contain any tomato in it... LOL. Seems consistent with a recent post here... She has seen this multiple times and has been getting complaints. Too bad the turkey isn't any better.
enviroian likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by The_Rockaway_Kid
I'm booked to fly MIA-JFK in a month (November 28) on a 777-300. The flight is coded as dinner. Can you pre-reserve meals for this flight? If not, do you know what options there are?
As of right now, no there is no pre-ordering for that flight, and if you took that flight today the only choices would be protein or veggie sandwich/salad, as currently served on most AA domestic flight. Hopefully, rumor is by mid-November, by the time of your flight hot meals will have returned to flights like that, but as of now I would plan to eat something on the ground.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 6:57 am

Programs: BA GOLD
What is the present situation for short dometic connections such as MCO-MIA for food and drink service in F
Old Oct 30, 2021, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Brighterside
What is the present situation for short dometic connections such as MCO-MIA for food and drink service in F
I'm flying phx-tus tomorrow in F on a CR7. I'll let you know.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
10/27 aa 1389 bos - phl a319

The food and beverage service was what one would expect on a flight of this length, although the brownie brittle was tasty.

What made this a good flight was the excellent service from the FA serving the F cabin. As we were taxiing she stood in front of those of us sitting in F and listed the drinks and snacks that were available and what cocktails she could mix for us. This elicited several thumbs up from the otherwise jaded business travelers on this flight.

Global321 and wrp96 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.