Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2021, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Glassware on today’s 3:15p LAX-DEN 321.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 3:58 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Yesterday's lunch offering on AA19809-there was also a vegetarian sandwich offering, but I didn't see anyone around me w/it, so can't provide any details on that. And we did have real glassware w/our beverage service once we got in the air (no PDB, of course).

AA1980 lunch 11/10/21
Old Nov 11, 2021, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by txrus
Yesterday's lunch offering on AA19809-there was also a vegetarian sandwich offering, but I didn't see anyone around me w/it, so can't provide any details on that. And we did have real glassware w/our beverage service once we got in the air (no PDB, of course).

AA1980 lunch 11/10/21
Good to know. That looks identical to recent domestic F meals, except for the glassware.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Caribbean Miles Silver, Club Caribbean
Yesterdays POS - MIA AA2703
Glassware has returned.
No hot meals. Tomato & Cheese Sandwich or Steak Salad
Old Nov 11, 2021, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Sitting in 1A yesterday as I heard a long lost yet familiar jingle of glass coming from the galley. I look up and see the blue containers to hold glasses. It was a nice change and I said "finally glassware is back" and the flight attendant agreed.

No such luck on snacks "oh it looks like they forgot to load them".
wrp96, cmd320 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Glassware, hot meals, but no ice cream on MIA-LAX in J yesterday. Service was quite good and flight attendants seemed happy with a return to more normal service in F and J.

Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Glassware, hot meals, but no ice cream on MIA-LAX in J yesterday. Service was quite good and flight attendants seemed happy with a return to more normal service in F and J.
Breakfast flights never had ice cream sundaes pre-pandemic.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by dkc192
Breakfast flights never had ice cream sundaes pre-pandemic.
Breakfast is always the least interesting meal in the premium cabin of pretty much any airline ... I know some folks who try to jazz it up with breakfast martinis and mimosas etc. but there is only so much you can do with eggs. Even the BTC options on SQ are pretty blah when it comes to breakfast. The best breakfast offering I've seen thus far is the dim sum on CX.
cmd320 and jamabam like this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Legrand
Breakfast is always the least interesting meal in the premium cabin of pretty much any airline ... I know some folks who try to jazz it up with breakfast martinis and mimosas etc. but there is only so much you can do with eggs. Even the BTC options on SQ are pretty blah when it comes to breakfast. The best breakfast offering I've seen thus far is the dim sum on CX.
agreed, i am never a fan of breakfast on planes or lounges.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 8:23 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Glassware was, indeed, staked on AA 1997 PHL-LAX (787-9) yesterday. Sadly, the cold business class meal options were wretched. A wheat salad or turkey sandwich.

Due to a series of issues at check in that took 45 minutes for the agent to resolve with 3 calls to the Helpdesk, we didn't have time to grab something more substantive in the airport before departure. The turkey sandwich was the lesser of two evils, but I think even the pre-made sandwiches in the fridge of a 7-11 would have been a better option.

It should be an embarrassment that AA is seeing this kind of meal in a premium cabin on a transcon.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I think it’s an embarrassment that they are serving it in the premium cabin of any flight.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by PHL
wheat salad
What? LOL
cmd320 and jamabam like this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by wrp96
I think it’s an embarrassment that they are serving it in the premium cabin of any flight.
COVID aside (and even during covid these days) full-service European airlines consistently pull off a better quality food product and even manage to execute it faster on short-hop routes like LHR to CDG (45 minutes wheels up to wheels down) in mega Club Europe cabins that extend far behind the 8 and 16 seat configurations on US fleets.

It's unfortunate that the bar is to "not do just worse than the other guy" instead of building a desirable inflight product.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
What? LOL
Yeah, last week LAS-ORD Turkey sandwich or Wheatberry salad. Our wonderful FA J.D., every-time he said "Wheatberry salad" he followed up with " I have NO Clue what that is!" Didn't get to see the Wheat salad as everyone in 1,2 what I could see of 3 ordered the Turkey on a Pretzel Brick! even trying to revive it with Mayo and Horsey Sauce, I could only eat the meat and cheese off it! RT
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PHL
Glassware was, indeed, staked on AA 1997 PHL-LAX (787-9) yesterday. Sadly, the cold business class meal options were wretched. A wheat salad or turkey sandwich.

Due to a series of issues at check in that took 45 minutes for the agent to resolve with 3 calls to the Helpdesk, we didn't have time to grab something more substantive in the airport before departure. The turkey sandwich was the lesser of two evils, but I think even the pre-made sandwiches in the fridge of a 7-11 would have been a better option.

It should be an embarrassment that AA is seeing this kind of meal in a premium cabin on a transcon.
Wretched is indeed the RIGHT word to describe the sandwiches AA has been serving this year in Dom F. And the wheatberry salad has enough sugar to put a healthy person into a diabetic coma.
saltytheseagull likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.