Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2021, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA MM, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
It may be the best meal AA or any other carrier offers domestically. Its locally catered from a chef who also runs a restaurant in Hawaii.

I have not had a meal on AA's international first service, but the Hawaii service has been better than other international business meals I have had on AA.
Sam Choy is a great asset to AA on these flights. I usually try to hit up his restaurant whenever I’m back on island. The view from that spot is hard to beat.

It was easily the best domestic meal I’ve had and it gave some of my better international meals a run for their money. Pre-Covid I’d do LAX-JFK F a few round trips a year and DFW-LHR F 2-3 times a year split between AA/BA. This steak beat every steak I’ve ever ordered on those trips. I also appreciated everything being served all at once on one tray. The express service was much appreciated on a shorter redeye…
DC9 and madmanshoney like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 8:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by smuDC-10
Sam Choy is a great asset to AA on these flights. I usually try to hit up his restaurant whenever I’m back on island. The view from that spot is hard to beat.

It was easily the best domestic meal I’ve had and it gave some of my better international meals a run for their money. Pre-Covid I’d do LAX-JFK F a few round trips a year and DFW-LHR F 2-3 times a year split between AA/BA. This steak beat every steak I’ve ever ordered on those trips. I also appreciated everything being served all at once on one tray. The express service was much appreciated on a shorter redeye…
For sure, I've always wanted to ride AA HFS, especially on the longer ride from DFW. I miss seeing the photos from the Hawaii service prior to COVID... tropical nuts, a large salad with unique Hawaiian dressing, entrees, Kings Hawaiian rolls, sundaes with Hawaiian-themed toppings, and an orchid on the tray table. It was definitely unique; just too bad COVID paused that. Wonder why PHX-HNL didn't adopt similar service as DFW, hmm.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Seat 1K
On the last flight tomorrow in FC, should we eat in Centurion, AC, or on board? In advance, thank you!
La Carreta and Ku Va both have much better food options at MIA and they aren't really expensive
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:12 am

Curious if anyone has flown ORD-ANC or DFW-ANC in FlagShip Business Cabin on the 787-9. Is there an elevated meal service given the duration of the flight? They also seem to be selling Premium Economy as a separate cabin so I'm curious if C and W receive an elevated service on the flight?
Old Jun 11, 2021, 2:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Curious if anyone has flown ORD-ANC or DFW-ANC in FlagShip Business Cabin on the 787-9. Is there an elevated meal service given the duration of the flight? They also seem to be selling Premium Economy as a separate cabin so I'm curious if C and W receive an elevated service on the flight?
Haven't flown it, but there was a report on the other meal thread for one of those flights.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33302136-post2694.html
Old Jun 11, 2021, 5:27 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
econ gave the link to a flight review DFW=ANC round trip.

Also, here is the info and link to the flights service changes that includes the caveat about ANC flight service (ORD and DFW) - First/Business only:
"***Fresh Bites are served on all flights from Anchorage (ANC) to Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) and ANC to Chicago (ORD) regardless of departure time."

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...nddrinkservice

We are flying ORD -ANC next week and have low expectations
Old Jun 11, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Hyatt Discoverist / IHG Diamond / American Airlines Executive Platinum
I realize this thread is mostly people discussing transcon meals, but has anyone been on a ~1,200 mile Eagle flight in First at breakfast? The AA website is incredibly unclear. Under 500 miles you get a fig bar (woo hoo?) but for 1,200 miles there an asterisk saying you don't get the fresh snack on Eagle. By that explanation you get more on a 400 mile Eagle flight than a 1,200 Eagle flight when in First....
Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by brianinok
I realize this thread is mostly people discussing transcon meals, but has anyone been on a ~1,200 mile Eagle flight in First at breakfast? The AA website is incredibly unclear. Under 500 miles you get a fig bar (woo hoo?) but for 1,200 miles there an asterisk saying you don't get the fresh snack on Eagle. By that explanation you get more on a 400 mile Eagle flight than a 1,200 Eagle flight when in First....
Unfortunately, no food on Eagle. Just a snack mix.

brianinok likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Nothing but almonds

I just flew LAS-MIA on J a 787 and the only thing served was drinks and a bag of almonds. When I asked if there’s any other snacks or meals, I was told “no, just almonds”.

is this normal?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 9:12 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by flyjfk
I just flew LAS-MIA on J a 787 and the only thing served was drinks and a bag of almonds. When I asked if there’s any other snacks or meals, I was told “no, just almonds”.

is this normal?
If it was a red eye flight, yes, it is normal.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
If it was a red eye flight, yes, it is normal.
Is the same true for the LAX-MIA transcon redeyes?
Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by Global321
Is the same true for the LAX-MIA transcon redeyes?
not the same - there is a meal offered for First & Business.
Global321 and cmd320 like this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
AA2001 PHL-SEA, 13 June
Steak + grain "salad" or blueberry goat cheese salad. Served with a "brookie".
Snack mix, but no snack basket.
Beverages not very well catered, ran out of some items.

The steak salad was fine but surprisingly bland. Overall, this isn't much food for a transcon route (it's less than Alaska is doing on their west coast and midcon routes, and much less than they are doing on their transcons).
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
AA 1085
DFW LAX
77W
First Class
Seat 2J
yesterday

The purser was warm and friendly. I ordered a 175ml small bottle of sparkling wine. It was a 2018 spumonti 🤢. It was spoiled but drinkable would recommend it as a mimosa or on the rocks.

Gruben and sparkling wine.

Spumante past it’s date of expiry. Wouldn’t call it vintage . Get a cup of ice or have a mimosa.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
How is wine from 2018 expired if it's in an unopened bottle? Unopened, champagne can last 3-7+ years.
wrp96, cmd320, freeagent and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.