FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Jun 8, 2021, 8:48 pm
MrAndy1369

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by smuDC-10
Sam Choy is a great asset to AA on these flights. I usually try to hit up his restaurant whenever I’m back on island. The view from that spot is hard to beat.

It was easily the best domestic meal I’ve had and it gave some of my better international meals a run for their money. Pre-Covid I’d do LAX-JFK F a few round trips a year and DFW-LHR F 2-3 times a year split between AA/BA. This steak beat every steak I’ve ever ordered on those trips. I also appreciated everything being served all at once on one tray. The express service was much appreciated on a shorter redeye…
For sure, I've always wanted to ride AA HFS, especially on the longer ride from DFW. I miss seeing the photos from the Hawaii service prior to COVID... tropical nuts, a large salad with unique Hawaiian dressing, entrees, Kings Hawaiian rolls, sundaes with Hawaiian-themed toppings, and an orchid on the tray table. It was definitely unique; just too bad COVID paused that. Wonder why PHX-HNL didn't adopt similar service as DFW, hmm.