Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Apr 30, 2021, 1:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by roadtriper
I see Glenlivet showing back up on some of these menus along with the Dewar's, and others just have the Dewar's? any rhyme or reason to what flights have the Glenlivet? RT
I've had good luck recently getting Glenlivet on flights where it wasn't listed on the menu. It never hurts to ask even if it's not listed on the menu. I've got no idea why the menu doesn't match what's loaded on the actual flight. The wine list has been similarly inconsistent lately (for example, only listing Prosecco while Champagne is actually provisioned onboard).

-FlyerBeek
roadtriper likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I've had good luck recently getting Glenlivet on flights where it wasn't listed on the menu. It never hurts to ask even if it's not listed on the menu. I've got no idea why the menu doesn't match what's loaded on the actual flight. The wine list has been similarly inconsistent lately (for example, only listing Prosecco while Champagne is actually provisioned onboard).

-FlyerBeek
Pre-COVID it was about 75% chance they had a few glenlivet's even on 737/A321s where they also aren't on the menu. Some FAs didn't even know they were there, but after asking they'd look and find them.
roadtriper likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 4:16 pm

Sorry if I can't find it but was considering a flight in November for Thanksgiving. One of the late (9:30pm departure) JFK-LAX flights lists meal in J/F as Snack/Brunch. Pre-covid was it not a full service meal at that time?
Old Apr 30, 2021, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Sorry if I can't find it but was considering a flight in November for Thanksgiving. One of the late (9:30pm departure) JFK-LAX flights lists meal in J/F as Snack/Brunch. Pre-covid was it not a full service meal at that time?
Pre-COVID, the >9pm JFK-LAX never had the full meal. Total cop out, but that's what it was! Also, I don't think the redeye did either, but now it does, so who knows.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 4:20 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. Might switch to UA then.....
Old Apr 30, 2021, 5:43 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Serving time for lunch? 10:45am DFW to OGG?

I wonder if this is the case all the time? We fly this next month and the departure time is 930am (i think right now its 9:10am). last time we flew this route a few years ago I recall trying to take a nap as soon as we lifted off and waking up to almost missing my meal! And the flight attendant seemed perturbed! But I had been up since 3am and wasnt expecting to be served lunch early.

[QUOTE=slpybear;33215409]AA07
DFW-OGG
4/22/2021
F (Flagship Business)

Enjoyed a good meal up front on the way to Maui. I had the Porcini Tortelli and Mrs Slpybear had the beef short rib. Everything was well done and food tasty. Wish it wasn't served at 10:45am, but alas First World Problems. Our arrival small plate choices were a protein bowl or fruit bowl. Had the fruit and was pleased. Everything was pretty normal in F Hawaii compared to pre-covid other than no PDB, plastic cups, and food all on one tray. Great way to travel to
Old May 1, 2021, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Heres my F meal service recollection having flown the DFW non-stops to OGG and HNL for many years. They have always been lunch on the outbound and dinner inbound. Except a very brief period after AA moved the first flight departures to an earlier time. Shortly after that, we got on #123 (before pre orders) and we were served breakfast. The grumbling throughout the cabin was audible. I think breakfast lasted a very short time. And yes its an early lunch on CST.
Old May 1, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by seigex
Pre-COVID it was about 75% chance they had a few glenlivet's even on 737/A321s where they also aren't on the menu. Some FAs didn't even know they were there, but after asking they'd look and find them.
I believe it's standard to have 3 minis catered per flight, even on the narrowbodies. It's not always my drink of choice, but think I can only recall one time since it was brought back a few years ago when I asked and it wasn't available. I just assumed it was a mis-cater on that occasion.

Even now in 2021, it's been available every time I've requested it.
seigex likes this.
Old May 4, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Hyatt Discoverist / IHG Diamond / American Airlines Executive Platinum
All the info I can find is very general, and doesn't specify mainline vs. regional. I wonder what a CRJ-700 1,200 mile flight in First service will be at breakfast time in June?
Old May 5, 2021, 11:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
No Flat Tire Summer Shanty loaded the 2 mainline flights today...
Old May 9, 2021, 11:18 am

Programs: AA PLAT
AA 340
LAX-MIA May 5
77W Business

Chicken Cacciatore

FA came around with a tray of a warmed cookies about 25 mins before landing
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: AA PLAT
AA 2247
MIA-BOS
May 6

The only option left was the turkey sandwich when they got to the aft J cabin.

Old May 9, 2021, 4:21 pm

Flying MIA-LAX next Saturday (9am)
Upgrades confirmed.

I don't see meal choice option.

Does it exist for this flight?
Old May 9, 2021, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
8am LAX-AUS - Y, only a biscoff and small water, no other food options for EXP

8pm DFW-LAX - F, choice of sandwich or cheese plate, no hot meals.

Last edited by seigex; May 10, 2021 at 7:53 pm
Old May 9, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Global321
Flying MIA-LAX next Saturday (9am)
Upgrades confirmed.

I don't see meal choice option.

Does it exist for this flight?
There will be a meal, however there will not be an option to pre-order.
Global321 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.