Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2021, 6:05 pm

beef short rib was delicious. best food we had including all the food we had in san juan, pr.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 7:19 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by David Lee
beef short rib was delicious. best food we had including all the food we had in san juan, pr.
According to flight attendants I know, beef short rib is the most popular choice.

Was the food in San Juan unpleasant? Unmemorable?
Old Apr 14, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Elite, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
AA119 DFW-OGG Mar 25

AA119: DFW-OGG: 11:55AM CDT-3:28PM HST
Dinner
777-200
First Class, 1D, 1G, 1J

The Burrata with Strawberry Salsa looked delicious with the bright red straw berry topping but unfortunately the strawberries had almost no flavor. If they can get some fruit that tastes in-season, this would be a really nice starter. The Sea Bass was really good, and with the cream sauce there was a nice orange flavor that complimented the whole dish. I thought it was as good as fish I've had in most nicer restaurants. I thought it was strange they listed quinoa first then orzo because it seemed like more orzo.

My husband said the surf and turf was almost all turf (2 small shrimp), but the texture and flavor was better than expected for an airline steak. I failed to get a photo of the beef wrap but it was tiny, maybe 2.5 inches across and 5 inches long, I recall it was lying on some edamame. My husband said it tasted fine though.

My husband got a double of the Woodford reserve after takeoff but toward the end of the flight they seemed to have run out. I got a double Bacardi and stashed them away for later in our trip.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Elite, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
AA116: OGG-DFW Apr 4

AA116: OGG-DFW Apr 4 8:52PM HST - 8:24 AM CDT
787-9 (Dreamliner)
First class, 3A, 3D, 3H

This being a later-evening flight, we were not super hungry and the lighting wasn't so good for photos (sorry). I didn't care for the crab/pineapple starter although my husband enjoyed it. The pasta was not very memorable (I only ordered it because I don't enjoy grits and I was hoping for something lighter than the beef after all the overeating during our trip), the sauce was heavy and the pasta tasted microwaved. The lemon tart was more of a small vanilla cake with lemon flavor but was pretty tasty. We were disappointed to have all three of us slept through breakfast. They must have been very quiet, we usually wake up. Both my husband and I ordered a double scotch which we mostly stashed away to take home for later.

cesco.g, enviroian and DC9 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA2168 LAX-MIA
First Class
April 2021

Alas, no more Champagne on the menu, but - thankfully - NV Lanson was on the beverage cart. I also thought the Ri
cossa Barbaresco was quite palatable- but do we really need a wine list that's 80% Italian on a domestic transcon? (first world problem, I acknowledge) Short rib was good and absolutely fantastic in-flight service despite a few very demanding F passengers

-FlyerBeek

Old Apr 15, 2021, 9:17 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
AA2168 LAX-MIA
First Class
April 2021

Alas, no more Champagne on the menu, but - thankfully - NV Lanson was on the beverage cart. I also thought the Ri
cossa Barbaresco was quite palatable- but do we really need a wine list that's 80% Italian on a domestic transcon? (first world problem, I acknowledge) Short rib was good and absolutely fantastic in-flight service despite a few very demanding F passengers

-FlyerBeek
Thank you for your efforts posting this. I am flying this route opposite next week and I believe you are the first to post the menu this month. Did you request/inquire about the Lanson? I was looking forward to a real champagne that had been reported for a while in F. Did you try the cabernet too? anyone seem to not get their meal choice since no pre-ordering?
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
I was looking forward to a real champagne that had been reported for a while in F. Did you try the cabernet too? anyone seem to not get their meal choice since no pre-ordering?
It could be that the real champagne - which I also enjoyed back in March - was overstock from pre-Covid supply and has been mostly consumed by now.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
AA2168 LAX-MIA
First Class
April 2021

Alas, no more Champagne on the menu, but - thankfully - NV Lanson was on the beverage cart.
Thank you for your efforts posting this. I am flying this route opposite next week and I believe you are the first to post the menu this month. Did you request/inquire about the Lanson? I was looking forward to a real champagne that had been reported for a while in F. Did you try the cabernet too? anyone seem to not get their meal choice since no pre-ordering?
Originally Posted by cesco.g
It could be that the real champagne - which I also enjoyed back in March - was overstock from pre-Covid supply and has been mostly consumed by now.
LAX-MIA has been selling out in F weeks in advance, in some cases. The demand to south FL has really been pretty wild the past couple of months. Seems low risk for AA to downgrade the soft product, at least in the short run, as people seem to want to pay for premium seats on this route, especially the 77W, and I doubt most of them are researching the wine list before booking.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Did you request/inquire about the Lanson? I was looking forward to a real champagne that had been reported for a while in F. Did you try the cabernet too? anyone seem to not get their meal choice since no pre-ordering?
I did not inquire about the Lanson. I just noticed it on the beverage cart and was glad to see it was there. I did try the cabernet as well and it was good (although I preferred the barbaresco). Meal selection was taken from front-to-back (as it should be on a LAX-MIA flight). I setup a EF seat alert and was able to move to row 1 to ensure I should be able to get my meal choice. I don’t know, but I would not be surprised if those sitting further back did not receive their first choice.

Originally Posted by metallo
LAX-MIA has been selling out in F weeks in advance, in some cases. The demand to south FL has really been pretty wild the past couple of months
Indeed. This flight was showing J2 when I booked it 10 days before departure. Y ended up departing full as well. AA seems to be doing a very good job filling the widebodies on this route.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 16, 2021, 1:44 pm

4/15
MIA-LAX #0314, in F

Afraid I didn't get a good picture of the meal, but I chose the short rib. As reported by others, it was very good. The white cheddar grits were excellent - some of the best grits I've had. The beer sauce was strong - I enjoyed the flavor, but it's probably best it was served on the side.

My burrata was served with a couple of grilled slices of eggplant, and was quite good. Dessert was chocolate tart, which was fine, but nothing special.

Only downside was the roll, which I think was sourced from either the building materials or sporting goods aisle, and not the grocery section.
jcatman, wrp96 and DC9 like this.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Presguy

4/15
MIA-LAX #0314, in F

Afraid I didn't get a good picture of the meal, but I chose the short rib. As reported by others, it was very good. The white cheddar grits were excellent - some of the best grits I've had. The beer sauce was strong - I enjoyed the flavor, but it's probably best it was served on the side.

My burrata was served with a couple of grilled slices of eggplant, and was quite good. Dessert was chocolate tart, which was fine, but nothing special.

Only downside was the roll, which I think was sourced from either the building materials or sporting goods aisle, and not the grocery section.
Speaking of those rolls..... I find it surprising they haven't brought back real warmed breads. I mean FAs never touch the breads coming out of the basket, they have always used tongs! Guess they'll hang onto cost-savings disguised (rebranded!) as "Covid safety" as long as they can.....
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g
.....likely by platbrownguy.
SFO777 and wrp96 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Clarkcc1
Speaking of those rolls..... I find it surprising they haven't brought back real warmed breads. I mean FAs never touch the breads coming out of the basket, they have always used tongs! Guess they'll hang onto cost-savings disguised (rebranded!) as "Covid safety" as long as they can.....
I miss the smell and taste of the warm pretzel or sourdough rolls as much as you, but in the end, it's just flour + salt + water. I've learned to devote the calories saved to yet another glass of Woodford.
Clarkcc1, apeortdz, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Marriott, Hilton, Avis, Southwest, United, Hyatt
First- DFW to AUA in early July. Originally connecting via MIA on 777 until AA just rebooked us on a direct 737. Normally I would be excited about being rebooked direct however now missing the 777 leg to MIA and husband has never experienced one before. I have several times (Pre covid) but wanted him to join the fun. Not sure if its still going to only be just be a flying fancy box for that route even though lots can change before July.
My question: Worth it to go ahead and have AA put us back on another FF to MIA connecting or keep the rebooked direct. (all options currently still coded refreshments)
DFW- MIA - FF (for the experience and gamble hopefully extras come back with FF) - next leg is normal F 2 hr international
or
DFW to AUA F (5 hr international and gamble international flights having more than the cold sandwich option by July)

Thanks for your replies! I've been a lurker for YEARS, was time to start posting myself.

Last edited by Skyclub6; Apr 21, 2021 at 12:46 pm
Old Apr 21, 2021, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Skyclub6
First- DFW to AUA in early July. Originally connecting via MIA on 777 until AA just rebooked us on a direct 737. Normally I would be excited about being rebooked direct however now missing the 777 leg to MIA and husband has never experienced one before. I have several times (Pre covid) but wanted him to join the fun. Not sure if its still going to only be just be a flying fancy box for that route even though lots can change before July.
My question: Worth it to go ahead and have AA put us back on another FF to MIA connecting or keep the rebooked direct. (all options currently still coded refreshments)
DFW- MIA - FF (for the experience and gamble hopefully extras come back with FF) - next leg is normal F 2 hr international
or
DFW to AUA F (5 hr international and gamble international flights having more than the cold sandwich option by July)

Thanks for your replies! I've been a lurker for YEARS, was time to start posting myself.
Welcome to FT!

I assume your "FF" means Flagship First... first thing, no matter what, DFW-MIA isn't going to have any of the "Flagship" service or amenities even if it's on a 777, whether in July or otherwise. I would save the excitement for a proper 777 (ideally 77W) trip on another occasion, on a longer flight (transcon, Hawaii, or overseas).

Next, keep the nonstop. DFW-AUA is just over 2,200 miles (it's 2,211) so at least you'll get the better catering, which AA recently announced will be returning to routes over 2,200 miles. (It's the fresh box option... a little step up from the turkey sandwich). No reason to take two turkey sandwich flights with all the risks of a connection instead. Just get to Aruba!
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.