Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2021, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Robert
Just off AA 369 — 77W service from LAX - MIA. Like Geordie405 above, my flight had the Casper pillow and duvet, along with the same APL branded amenity kit. Overall an excellent flight. A few pictures below:

Was the biscuit cold like the dinner rolls they have been serving?
Old Mar 1, 2021, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Is pre-order is back yet on the domestic premium transcons? I'm flying MIA-LAX in 77W J next week and my confirmation email states "Meals: Entrée Selected" - yet I don't recall ever selecting an entree and the pre-order option does not appear in the usual spot when I access the reservation on AA.com.

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Is pre-order is back yet on the domestic premium transcons? I'm flying MIA-LAX in 77W J next week and my confirmation email states "Meals: Entrée Selected" - yet I don't recall ever selecting an entree and the pre-order option does not appear in the usual spot when I access the reservation on AA.com.

-FlyerBeek

I was curious about this so I pulled up my flights. I'm also flying MIA-LAX in 77w J and LAX-JFK in 772 J this weekend. The MIA-LAX flight doesn't have a preorder option but LAX-JFK does. For those that are curious, the LAX-JFK breakfast preorder options are Three Cheese Poblano Omelette, Traditional American Breakfast, Coconut Chia Oatmeal and Protein Plate.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Was the biscuit cold like the dinner rolls they have been serving?
Hi, Brandinho1. While the biscuit wasn’t warmed, at least it wasn’t ice cold — more like room temperature.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Back from FT exile....

I like this new watermelon mixer

MIA-DFW 777 Concept D seats

Ice and fresh food are apparently COVID-19 free on AA but not on Delta LOL

Last edited by AANYC1981; Mar 3, 2021 at 6:15 am
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:48 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by xjaehyun
I was curious about this so I pulled up my flights. I'm also flying MIA-LAX in 77w J and LAX-JFK in 772 J this weekend. The MIA-LAX flight doesn't have a preorder option but LAX-JFK does. For those that are curious, the LAX-JFK breakfast preorder options are Three Cheese Poblano Omelette, Traditional American Breakfast, Coconut Chia Oatmeal and Protein Plate.
Right now I think AA has only resumed preorder for LAX/SFO=JFK non-redeyes. I think AA only has four sets of dom transcon menus - eastbound breakfast, eastbound lunch/dinner/snacks, westbound breakfast and westbound lunch/dinner, so theoretically, MIA-LAX should have the same menu as JFK-LAX.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 7:31 pm

Any suggestions?

Old Mar 12, 2021, 4:03 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Troopers
Any suggestions?

Yes. With those choices I think I'd bring my own food!
sushanna1 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 5:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
DFW-OGG
Super Diamond Boeing 777-200
Lunch & Snack Service

My SWU cleared at about T-24 so I was unable to pre-order, but nonetheless grateful to have been upgraded on this full up front flight. B&O headphones, and full-sized pillow and Casper blanket were waiting at my seat upon boarding, as well as a (slightly wet for whatever reason) menu.

DFW-OGG Menu

I chose the curry and found it dry. The shrimp were of better size than I expected for AA shrimp. The tuna appetizer was excellent, as was the lemon tart. The roll was cold.

DFW-OGG Lunch

Drink service was meh throughout the flight. My initial request for a Mai Tai was pre-poured in half a glass. It was good for about 2 gulps, and then I was thirsty again. I switched to Jack & Coke and was given doubles, but only a single with the beverage service prior to landing. We were given a full bottle of water as well, and mine came from Argentina, lol, clearly leftover from a previous flight...I'll gladly take that over Dasani any day!

DFW-OGG Pre-landing snack

I chose the protein plate snack since the FA described the fruit & cheese plate as "cheese & grapes," lol. It was small but at least fresh.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by apeortdz
Dang....
Old Mar 12, 2021, 10:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Looks fine to me
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:01 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Looks fine to me
Me too. I could have chosen anything from the menu.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Elite, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Thanks for your post about your recent DFW-OGG experience. It is great to hear they are offering pillows and blankets again. Did they give an amenity kit?
We'll be on 119 next week and the meal options on offer are:
  • Island Surf and Turf
    grilled shrimp, beef filet, truffleyaki sauce, roasted fingerling potatoes
  • Macadamia Crusted Sea Bass
    quinoa, toasted orzo, haricot vert, citrus cream sauce
  • Spinach and Ricotta Raviolini
    grilled asparagus, ratatouille
For the return, they've got:
  • Ancho Beef Barbacoa
    potato poblano gratin, sautéed spinach, ancho sauce
  • Shrimp and Grits
    asparagus, curry crab sauce
  • Porcini Tortelloni
    grilled zucchini, mushrooms, Tuscan cream sauce

Would love any recommendations, I don't see much info about these particular dishes. Also we are traveling with a picky child, so none of these would appeal to them unless there are sides of some sort besides perhaps a dinner roll. I called to request a child meal, which the website seems to suggest could be available on this flight but they said there would be child meal option on these flights. thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2021, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by sari75
Thanks for your post about your recent DFW-OGG experience. It is great to hear they are offering pillows and blankets again. Did they give an amenity kit?
No amenity kit... don't think AA has offered amenity kits to Hawaii in years even prior to Covid
Old Mar 17, 2021, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I recently had the pasta shells on a DFW-HNL flight and yes, the roll was served cold on February 27th! However, the pasta shells were delicious, as was the lemon tart. The roll was warmed on the HNL-ORD flight on March 6th. I was impressed with AA flight attendants on both flights, as they were both friendly and efficient. I needed some TLC after my sour experience at the DFW Admirals Club, where one woman gave me someone else's boarding pass, Not the end of the world but the woman was incredibly ugly when I returned the pass and requested mine in return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.