Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2021, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by SFO777
Or maybe jetBlue. They just started two daily LAX-MIA non-stops.
True, but I want to keep my CK status
SFO777 and Spanish like this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 1:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Any opinions on these choices?

Old Feb 21, 2021, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Any opinions on these choices?

I really enjoyed the short rib last time I had it. I'm pretty sure I've had the tortelloni (obviously not too remarkable), and I've not had the other 2 meals.

Good with a glass of wine!
Old Feb 21, 2021, 7:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Spanish
I really enjoyed the short rib last time I had it. I'm pretty sure I've had the tortelloni (obviously not too remarkable), and I've not had the other 2 meals.

Good with a glass of wine!
Is the short rib the same AA short rib that’s been served fir years? It’s totally good, but curious if this is something new. Curious about the James Beard selection, since those have been excellent IME.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 9:54 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Is the short rib the same AA short rib that’s been served fir years? It’s totally good, but curious if this is something new. Curious about the James Beard selection, since those have been excellent IME.
Thanks for posting latest menu, which route is this and what dates? I usually go for the pasta since its hard for them to screw it up during reheat and i love pasta lol I would guess this is the same short rib.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
Thanks for posting latest menu, which route is this and what dates? I usually go for the pasta since its hard for them to screw it up during reheat and i love pasta lol I would guess this is the same short rib.
1. I think SFO777 recently panned the tortelloni.

2. The post by cesco.gabove shows the chicken cacciatore, which looks pretty decent.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by platbrownguy

2. The post by cesco.gabove shows the chicken cacciatore, which looks pretty decent.
The taste was good, just the meat was a bit dry and there was little sauce to go with it.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 3:54 am
Suspended

Thanks, guys. My route is JFK-LAX this week, evening flight.

cesco.g the as that chicken on the bone or boneless? Is it breaded? I can’t tell from pic.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
As promised here's some photos of my recent 777-200ER experiences.

Outbound was LAX - MIA on 2/13 on AA1473

Bedding, menu and amenity kit were distributed before boarding. BOSE headsets were handed out afterwards.

Contents of the amenity kit.

Flagship First menu

Drinks list: the champagne wasn't bad; the albarino was decent

Drinks continue to be served in plastic glasses which is the one significant downside to the service

This was the beef. It was tasty, but chewy. The bread roll was like a hockey puck and totally inedible. The chocolate tart was served in lieu of the advertised raspberry cheesecake and was very heavy as others have commented.

Second flight to comment on would be DCA - MIA on 2/20 on AA2606 (operated by a 737-MAX8)

After takeoff we were handed a plastic bag with a bottle of water, a wipe, and either cookies or pretzels. After that was handed out, we were offered either the turkey sandwich or the continental offering of yoghurt, blueberries and granola. The following photo shows everything on my table.

Drinks were proactively offered which makes a nice change as I've seen some crew hand out the food but then not ask if you want a drink on the basis it's "on request"

Final flight was MIA - LAX on 2/20 on AA2283

Slightly different menu this time. I had the tortellini which was good. The lemon tart was also pretty good. The bread roll was a bad as ever - solid as a rock.

From a service perspective everything, including headsets, were on the seat when we boarded. On the LAX - MIA flight the "Premium Snacks" included chips, cookies, candy etc. On the MIA - LAX flight there were none. There seemed to be some confusion whether this was simply because they weren't loaded or because there shouldn't have been any at all.

Flagship First menu

Service on all flights was very good.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 3:09 pm

Just off AA 369 — 77W service from LAX - MIA. Like Geordie405 above, my flight had the Casper pillow and duvet, along with the same APL branded amenity kit. Overall an excellent flight. A few pictures below:

Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, guys. My route is JFK-LAX this week, evening flight.

cesco.g the as that chicken on the bone or boneless? Is it breaded? I can’t tell from pic.
It was non-breaded bone-less, skin-on; whereas it was served skindown, e.g. skin does not show in picture.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Hi folks, any idea what meal service will be like on AA 10 (772) LAX --> JFK leaving at 9:15pm? Will dinner be served or just a light snack?
Old Feb 24, 2021, 10:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tijane
Hi folks, any idea what meal service will be like on AA 10 (772) LAX --> JFK leaving at 9:15pm? Will dinner be served or just a light snack?
Curious about this too! I'm on SFO-JFK redeye this week in F (assuming upgrade from J clears, but flight is F5 A0).

My JFK-LAX flight was good. Had the beef. Was solid. Should have had the pasta though, it looks good above!
Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The printed menus shown above are a classy touch - more so in current times!
Even though it creates a sense of high expectations, which get somewhat diminished by the actual in-flight experience.
Still better than most competitors though.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by tijane
Curious about this too! I'm on SFO-JFK redeye this week in F (assuming upgrade from J clears, but flight is F5 A0).

My JFK-LAX flight was good. Had the beef. Was solid. Should have had the pasta though, it looks good above!
They're still doing full meal service on the redeyes. I don't know why they label it Snack when you have full dinner options!...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.