Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
[QUOTE=PUCCI GALORE;32979400]
Originally Posted by CLT

I see - thank you for that. So on flights over 2200 miles - which excludes practically the entire country - the risk is acceptable? Did these Flight Attendants consult a virologist or did they appoint themselves? Do they resond to call bells or does one have to traipse down the aircraft to beg refreshment?

Who actually runs American Airlines? Them? Or those who call themselves management?
Ah PUCCI, you do know that here in the good old USofA, "Not Required To" is often, in effect, equivalent to "Forbidden To."

AA is looking for a new CEO, apparently. Shall we have a FT push to install you as Dougie's successor?
enviroian and CLT like this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by xjaehyun
I think I had that caramel tart on AA 4 a couple weeks ago. It was like a half inch thick layer of caramel. I like sweet candy/desert but that was way too much for me.
Same here, it's too sweet and also hard to eat
Old Jan 19, 2021, 12:44 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
AA 2289 MIA-LAX J

Yes the famous caramel tart.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by aw
Yes the famous caramel tart.
Currently onboard AA 119 (on 1/19 as it happens) DFW-OGG. I had originally booked 2 websaver awards @ 45k/pax DCA-DFW-OGG in J. But based on loads I canceled and rebooked in Y via AmexTravel for $556/person, 104 hours in advance, and the upgrades for myself and PPRO wife cleared at T-100ish hours. (Public fares in Y were $647/person.) Indeed there were zero people on the upgrade list (and zero seats were filled between T-100 and T-1, when some nonrevs were cleared). Will do the same thing on the way back if it works out.

"Fried" chicken was lightly breaded and nothing like traditional fried chicken but was actually quite good -- juicy and not overcooked. The shrimp appetizer was great. Mai Tais are never a bad thing, particularly when enhanced with half a mini of rum. And, contrary to what all of you seem to think, the caramel tart was awesome. Turns out the menu said raspberry cheesecake, so I was pretty stoked for that, and then I got the caramel tart, which I was dreading, but it was sticky and gooey and delicious. It wasn't even just regular caramel, it was that deep buttery toffee-like caramel that you buy in the little jar for lots of money. At least I do. I was really hoping my wife wouldn't like the tart, so that I could have hers. But she devoured hers too. In the future please save yours and send them my way?

Some pics:

cesco.g, PACLipper, aw and 7 others like this.

Last edited by platbrownguy; Jan 19, 2021 at 4:13 pm
Old Jan 19, 2021, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Apparently AA is going to be testing a new “Tapas” FC domestic meal option per Gary Leff?
Old Jan 19, 2021, 6:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Apparently AA is going to be testing a new “Tapas” FC domestic meal option per Gary Leff?
I saw that. My fear is that this simply means the shelf stable boxed “tapas” previously offered as a BOB option in Y. One of the comments on his post seemed to suggest as much.

EDIT: saw pics of this offering in the COVID meal thread - looks promising!

Last edited by AAEmpireState; Jan 20, 2021 at 7:55 am
Old Jan 19, 2021, 6:19 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
@platbrownguy Smart move and well played. Personally I liked this caramel tart compared to the tiny "dessert" square that you could eat in one bite. I'm not usually a fan of caramel but this dessert was worth it. It was the perfect combination of buttery crust, luscious caramel and a touch of chocolate thrown in for balance.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I didn't see the content but I might have seen the tapas box on CLT-LAX last Sunday. The crew was enjoying their meals at the last row of Y in a packed white box which I've never seen before. It should be the new tapas box or something else. During disembarkation, I also noticed that there was an empty version of the same box ( probably the passenger consumed the food and didn't hand the box to the crew for trash ) in one of the First Class seats.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I didn't see the content but I might have seen the tapas box on CLT-LAX last Sunday. The crew was enjoying their meals at the last row of Y in a packed white box which I've never seen before. It should be the new tapas box or something else. During disembarkation, I also noticed that there was an empty version of the same box ( probably the passenger consumed the food and didn't hand the box to the crew for trash ) in one of the First Class seats.
Interesting....so their fix to pilot complaints is to replace fresh food with boxed, shelf stable snacks like DL?

I know we are all getting really tired of the same F&C plate or sandwich offering but please let’s not reverse direction to the DL standards.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Currently onboard AA 119 (on 1/19 as it happens) DFW-OGG. I had originally booked 2 websaver awards @ 45k/pax DCA-DFW-OGG in J. But based on loads I canceled and rebooked in Y via AmexTravel for $556/person, 104 hours in advance, and the upgrades for myself and PPRO wife cleared at T-100ish hours. (Public fares in Y were $647/person.) Indeed there were zero people on the upgrade list (and zero seats were filled between T-100 and T-1, when some nonrevs were cleared). Will do the same thing on the way back if it works out.
Smart move... due to some pressure from my s.o., who really wants to start doing our usual leisure trips again, I'm currently looking at an itinerary to Hawaii in February for 2 passengers, and the round-trip price for 2 in Y is only $949 total, while PE is $1,652, and J is $3,766. It's on a 772, so benefit of a properly catered flight, with tons of J seats that likely won't be purchased, plus free elite upgrades would make it a great deal if we decide to do it.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 3:18 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
[QUOTE=DMPHL;32979433]
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

Ah PUCCI, you do know that here in the good old USofA, "Not Required To" is often, in effect, equivalent to "Forbidden To."

AA is looking for a new CEO, apparently. Shall we have a FT push to install you as Dougie's successor?
Sweetheart - were that so - there would be a lot of changes. I'll settle for the VIP of Inflight Services - that I do know something about.
DMPHL and Geordie405 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
OGG-DFW, AA6, Wed 1/27

Heavy loads up front on all of OGG-DFW-DCA, so we kept our 45k Web Saver J awards rather than swapping for coach and hoping for comp sticker upgrades.

Service on OGG-DFW was great. FA on my side of the aisle walks up says, "hi I'm Johnny and I'm here to pamper y'all for the next 6 hours." Great start. On wife's side we had Peggy who incidentally was her FA on the flight to OGG 9 days ago too (she said that all the Hawaii FAs do HNL/OGG/KOA and nothing else? I suppose that could be right during covid?).

Catering was excellent as usual out of OGG. Wife had the lentils (and finished them, which means they were good); I had the sea bass. Firm, flaky, mild flavor, very nice despite looking very boring. The "fried rice" was just plain white rice with a few little bits of egg but still fine. The starter was great -- good prosciutto wrapped around Asian pear with little bits of blue cheese and pesto. I might replicate that at home one day. Raspberry cheesecake was a winner and I managed nearly 5 hours of shut-eye after dinner.

Well done, AA. Other than masks and lack of PDB (which honestly was usually just a tray of prosecco or OJ on these planes anyhow), the flight felt just like 2019 ​​​​​​​.

cesco.g, SFO777, Gerbs and 7 others like this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Go, Johnny! 😂
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 9:19 pm
Suspended

MIA-JFK

i can’t figure out if this should go in this thread or the Coronavirus thread but here’s the lack of an update

Old Jan 30, 2021, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
MIA-JFK

i can’t figure out if this should go in this thread or the Coronavirus thread but here’s the lack of an update
I think this thread is for actual meals (so, Hawaii, TCON, or Europe/Asia/Australia/South America).

I think the covid refreshment flights go in the covid thread (which I have enjoyed having as sort of an AA covid lounge).
AANYC1981 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.