Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2021, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
but airlines have determined that their customers like the safety theater
Are we sure about that?
SFO777 and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 10:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Agreed on most of the cuts (grubens being the worst offender) but are packaged rolls cheaper than the basket (I assume they're the same and FAs just heat the packaged bread up in "normal" times)? Seems to be FAs and customers who want less "handling" of food pushing this one.
True. Can't forget about lazy FAs pushing their union to use hygiene theater for maximum laziness.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
If it was the same rolls just in plastic that would be different but its one standard kind of roll and its hard as a rock, stale, horrible, etc. Some of the bread baskets were decent, with a whole wheat option and a pretzel roll. And of course heated up hot. This is ridiculous if they cut bread baskets to save money and use Covid as the excuse. '

QR might have their bread wrapped but its still the same good Pita bread so really doesnt matter if its wrapped or not. I cant see CX F, AF F, LH F serving a single hard roll in a bag.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SFO777
They're just waiting for either UA or DL to go first. And since UA just resumed meals on short flights, it shouldn't be too long. This was my ORD-DEN UA meal last week and a non meal window 2:40pm departure to boot.

That's very nice. And on a sub 900 mile flight! It's much better than what AA was serving pre-Covid on its 900+ mile flights even during meal windows. AA should be ashamed.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Stripe
That's very nice. And on a sub 900 mile flight! It's much better than what AA was serving pre-Covid on its 900+ mile flights even during meal windows. AA should be ashamed.
UA has always had amazing short haul catering. I have eaten many meals on UA regionals that are better than AA's flagship transcon food. The only thing that was greatly superior on AA was the dessert- can't beat hot fudge sundaes and warm chocolate chip cookies (UA always had lame desserts like the packaged "cake" in the picture).
Old Jul 11, 2021, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
Are we sure about that?
The last poll I saw was pretty high on the travel mask mandate, even though FTers pretty much all hate it. I suspect a lot of casual travelers like the COVID theater just like the TSA had quite high approval ratings from around 2002-2004.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Stripe
AA should be ashamed.
They should but you can't really shame the shAAmeless ...
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Completely agree, but airlines have determined that their customers like the safety theater, so there's no incentive to lift it. Doesn't help that FAs seem to believe in surface transmission (or at least their unions use it as a leverage point).
I doubt that the airlines make many decisions based on what their customers prefer. If a passenger feels unsafe by a warm, unwrapped roll they can refuse it or choose not to eat it.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by corky
I doubt that the airlines make many decisions based on what their customers prefer.
Correct. They make them on what they *think* their customers prefer.
la2clt likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
Correct. They make them on what they *think* their customers prefer.
Or whatever suits the airline best both from a financial and convenience standpoint. I don't think customer preference enters the equation until way down the list.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by corky
I doubt that the airlines make many decisions based on what their customers prefer. If a passenger feels unsafe by a warm, unwrapped roll they can refuse it or choose not to eat it.
Sure, but the idea is that customers will see the plastic-wrapped food and thing "wow, AA is really taking COVID seriously! I should fly with these guys more often!" It's the same reason EK and EY have their flight attendants in hazmat suits even though they're all fully vaccinated, or that every major airline has lobbied for the mask mandate and had them in place even before it was required by law.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Sure, but the idea is that customers will see the plastic-wrapped food and thing "wow, AA is really taking COVID seriously! I should fly with these guys more often!" It's the same reason EK and EY have their flight attendants in hazmat suits even though they're all fully vaccinated, or that every major airline has lobbied for the mask mandate and had them in place even before it was required by law.
And yet EK and EY are still able to serve properly plated high quality meals to the F, J, and ever Y customers. Odd.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
And yet EK and EY are still able to serve properly plated high quality meals to the F, J, and ever Y customers. Odd.
Well to the point above, AA wasn't doing this pre-pandemic on short haul flights, but I digress...
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
AA was the last carrier to ditch hot meals on non-premium transcontinental flights ( they waited until July 2020 ) and surprisingly, they are now the only carriers alongside Delta ( which is an expert experiencing their passengers a pandemic theater for months ) that doesn't serve hot meals on all transcontinental flights.

Alaska, JetBlue, United are all serving hot meals on all TCON flights while AA and DL still insists on serving snack boxes on non-premium routes.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
AA was the last carrier to ditch hot meals on non-premium transcontinental flights ( they waited until July 2020 ) and surprisingly, they are now the only carriers alongside Delta ( which is an expert experiencing their passengers a pandemic theater for months ) that doesn't serve hot meals on all transcontinental flights.
Months? If only it was only that... DL didn't even serve cold meals in Domestic D1 in over a year! Pitiful
cmd320 and ISTFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.