Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2021, 1:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by F&B767
SFO777
You must be joking. You took your own rocks glass and wine glass onboard and repoured your beverages?
Did that not feel a bit ridiculous?
Absolutely not! Desperate times call for desperate measures.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 9, 2021, 1:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum
SFO777
You must be joking. You took your own rocks glass and wine glass onboard and repoured your beverages?
To each his own and I certainly cant say anything.. Just last night I went to a restaurant to have their gnocchi with four cheese sauce b/c its is quite good there but their bread is atrocious. I went and got a good French bread earlier in the day, cut it up and had 3 slices each in 2 diff glad bags and "snuck" them in my pockets and had a wonderful gnocchi w/ four cheese and my great bread from the local bakery. Most might think that is ridiculous.

To me though the lack of proper glassware is the least issue I have. I want a freaking normal salad and the sundae cart or at least an edible dessert and warm soft rolls not ones that I have to check first to see if they may chip a tooth.
twa777, SFO777, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
SFO777
It's no more ridiculous than the US airlines still serving their first class customers beverages in plastic cups. I applaud SFO777!
Old Oct 9, 2021, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
SFO777
Ridiculous? Absolutely not. Not sure why you find it surprising that not all customers sit there and accept the crAAp throws at us.
enviroian, Seat 1F, SKYEG and 7 others like this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Ridiculous? Absolutely not. Not sure why you find it surprising that not all customers sit there and accept the crAAp throws at us.
I do think it is pretty funny but good for you. Just because some of us don't want to deal with carrying bulky breakables around with us does not mean that we are ok with accepting AA's crap--far from it. I can see bringing my own flatware with me back when we had plastic cutlery "for our safety" because that is easier to transport (well, maybe not the knife).
F&B767 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I have a friend that vlogs all his J/F flights on Youtube and he brings on proper plates, glasses etc to make the presentation nicer during these crAAp times. He does it because it looks way more visually appealing to his viewers(even with the bad food), and I for one really appreciate it. Makes a crazy amount of difference --- even if it's the same food! It definitely takes effort to do so and I think it's awesome. He's making a point about how bad it's gotten, and what things should be like.

Now that I've been flying again on AC/WS, and seeing they are serving hot food on RJ's with proper plates/glass... AA has no excuse.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by corky
I do think it is pretty funny but good for you. Just because some of us don't want to deal with carrying bulky breakables around with us does not mean that we are ok with accepting AA's crap--far from it. I can see bringing my own flatware with me back when we had plastic cutlery "for our safety" because that is easier to transport (well, maybe not the knife).
I like it because it's a direct slap in the face to AA and their crAAp service.
SFO777, Global321, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
I like it because it's a direct slap in the face to AA and their crAAp service.
AA's crap service is a direct slap in the face to us. I applaud the poster for bringing his own glassware but only the FAs & other passengers see it. I like it too but no one who can make a difference gets slapped. I think FAs already wouldn't mind bringing glassware back only because some are embarrassed by how junky the premium cabin has become. I think they just oppose anything that requires them to do their job beyond the bare minimum that is in place now--such as multi course meals, making sundaes, serving alcohol to coach passengers, selling food onboard.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 4:27 pm

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
However bad AA is DL is worse. I flew JFK-SLC on DL. Not only plastic glasses, but flimsy wooden cutlery which was doubly low rent as the "meal" was in a box and consisted of a sandwich, chips, and a cookie. Why have cutlery at all. Oh. DL did serve one thing in abundance. Pious self congratulatory virtue signaling messages about how they had eliminated touch points for "safety"...even thought the virus does not spread via surfaces. The European air carriers have all moved past these pathetic cutbacks falsely being blamed on the virus and have returned to normal service and normal meals. AA get on with it.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
That is atrocious meal service. There should be a bread basket again, warmed.. Sundae. Cheese plate. This is a freaking joke. When will it go back to how it was? I am not saying the entrees were ever great but the other stuff made up for it. Having a soup, a proper salad, sundae, cheese, etc. That is just no freaking way to serve FF customers.
Vote with your wallet?
twa777 and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 9:28 pm

Flying business in a couple weeks from STT-MIA 1520 -1820 then MIA-DTW, 2120-0020.
Reservation states refreshments only for both flights...is this accurate?
Probably a dumb question since it states in the itineray, hoping it is maybe out of date?

Last edited by Kflyer80; Oct 9, 2021 at 10:31 pm
Old Oct 10, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Kflyer80
Reservation states refreshments only for both flights...is this accurate?
“Refreshments” on a recent PHL-MIA translated to the infamous Turkey pastrami or Pimento cheese sandwich options.
Kflyer80 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Segments
“Refreshments” on a recent PHL-MIA translated to the infamous Turkey pastrami or Pimento cheese sandwich options.
Thanks for the update. Better than a sad passed around snack basket, which I got a few months ago on a much longer flight (LAX > MCO), that consisted of cheap vending machine options.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
When will meals return to Eagle flights over 900 miles? It has become such a slap in the face to people that live in markets relegated to Eagle flights where flights are often higher, but service is drastically worse.
dchen2 and Spanish like this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:50 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
ORD-SAN F, departing ORD 8:25pm. Assuming the current catering, would it just be vending-machine snacks or something more substantial (like a sandwich)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.