Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ZenFlyer
As summarized in this Citi/AA press release, the benefits associated with this card changed on July 23, 2023. The new terms and conditions (T&Cs) can be found here.

10k Loyalty Point Bonuses
Reports on this thread to date suggest this benefit is being implemented in the following manner:
  • You are entitled to a 10k bonus if you surpass the 50k and/or 90k LP threshold by any means -- i.e. this is not limited to LPs earned by spend on your credit card. (For the current status year, it is still possible to earn a 10k bonus based on credit card spend -- see T&Cs for details.)
  • You must meet, or have met, these thresholds sometime during the current status year. It does not matter if you were a cardholder at the time you crossed the threshold.
  • Citi has not published any official information about when such 10k bonuses will post to your AA account
  • Experience to date suggests that once cardholders have crossed the 50k or 90k LP threshold, posting of the bonus is triggered by either (a) the closing of your current statement, or (b) a flight or other LP-earning activity (e.g. shopping portal).
  • In the case of (b) above, some bonuses are not posting correctly, and others have posted as being earned, but the points have not been added to people's balances.
  • UPDATE: Many 10k bonuses posted beginning 7/31/23 without flight or other activity, and multiple users have reported corrections to their LP balances.
Print Wikipost

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2023, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Anyone else notice this when going into their authorized user portal?

The annual fee for Authorized Users is $175 for up to 3 Authorized Users, then $175 for each additional Authorized User after that.

Never seen that before.
mine doesn't have a fee listed for extra AU's. I looked everywhere on the page where I add other users. Nothing.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 11:10 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; UA 1K
No fee listed on the page where I add authorized users either. I just paid my renewal fee in February and it remained $450 even though I have five AUs.

Also, the online info to apply for the Executive Card still mentions a $450 fee with authorized user access to lounges, but says nothing about an AU extra fee:

https://citicards.citi.com/usc/LPACA...hFfZ41kPvuj14r

I hope the fee-free AU access continues. It has been for our family (4 adult children) a main driver of increased usage of AA over UA and DL.

Edit: For some reason the link isn't pasting over correctly, but if you search for the Executive Card product it will show you that the fee is still $450 with no mention of the extra AU fees.

Last edited by McTigerFan; Jun 20, 2023 at 11:13 am Reason: Link did not paste correctly
Old Jun 20, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by McTigerFan
I hope the fee-free AU access continues. It has been for our family (4 adult children) a main driver of increased usage of AA over UA and DL.
It's borderline already for me (sign up bonus and LP boost help), but I will definitely not renew if this "easter egg" find turns into a real change to the T&Cs and I have to pay extra for a single AU to access the clubs. AA and Citi are deluded if they think the current lounge offering warrants this, IMHO.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA

The annual fee for Authorized Users is $175 for up to 3 Authorized Users, then $175 for each additional Authorized User after that.

Never seen that before.
Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam
I also see that. Interesting (and disappointing). But I don’t remember seeing them send out a new cardmember agreement so I would think they’d be hard pressed to actually charge me the fee.
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
mine doesn't have a fee listed for extra AU's. I looked everywhere on the page where I add other users. Nothing.
Originally Posted by McTigerFan
No fee listed on the page where I add authorized users either. I just paid my renewal fee in February and it remained $450 even though I have five AUs.

Also, the online info to apply for the Executive Card still mentions a $450 fee with authorized user access to lounges, but says nothing about an AU extra fee:

https://citicards.citi.com/usc/LPACA...hFfZ41kPvuj14r

Edit: For some reason the link isn't pasting over correctly, but if you search for the Executive Card product it will show you that the fee is still $450 with no mention of the extra AU fees.
The fee structure does not show up in my portal either. I currently have 5 active AU's. I could pair this down to three, if this goes into effect anytime soon. My renewal is two months away, so we'll see.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 2:45 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb

Never seen that before.
I seem to recall the same (or at least similar) message popped up in the same place a few years ago, and there didn't end up being any changes. That being said, Citi already surveyed cardholders on changes last year and I think we're all expecting some changes (at least an increased AF) in the near future.

I am also seeing this $175 language right now, by the way.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by dw
I seem to recall the same (or at least similar) message popped up in the same place a few years ago, and there didn't end up being any changes. That being said, Citi already surveyed cardholders on changes last year and I think we're all expecting some changes (at least an increased AF) in the near future.

I am also seeing this $175 language right now, by the way.
I'm seeing it show up once you select the option ot Add an Authorized User (not the actual landing page of the AU section). Oddly enough there's an asterisk there ... but nothing above it has an asterisk to point to it.

*The annual fee for Authorized Users is $175 for up to 3 Authorized Users, then $175 for each additional Authorized User after that.
I have a bad feeling about this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by MoonOverMiami
I'm seeing it show up once you select the option ot Add an Authorized User (not the actual landing page of the AU section). Oddly enough there's an asterisk there ... but nothing above it has an asterisk to point to it.
oooh i DO see it now. I had clicked in the wrong place/on a different citi card I have
It's there, $175 for each AU after 3
Old Jun 20, 2023, 5:43 pm

It also says that authorized users spend can contribute towards earning 20,000 additional Loyalty Points. If they're referring to the $40k spend, it's supposed to be 10k Loyalty Points. I wonder if this is just a mistake or if there's an imminent revamp of the card and they jumped the gun on certain parts of the site.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium
For this fee, will Citi actually implement separate CC numbers and transaction tracking properly?
Old Jun 20, 2023, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
TPG has an article about this topic. It's not a good deal anymore if AUs has a $175 fee.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 6:52 pm
dw

Originally Posted by Vicarious
It also says that authorized users spend can contribute towards earning 20,000 additional Loyalty Points. If they're referring to the $40k spend, it's supposed to be 10k Loyalty Points. I wonder if this is just a mistake or if there's an imminent revamp of the card and they jumped the gun on certain parts of the site.
Good point. The surveys Citi did last year had some variations on earning additional LP.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:22 pm

I just added an AU in the Citi app, and there was no mention of additional fees anytime during the process.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Jun 20, 2023 at 7:43 pm Reason: image added/grammar
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
I just added an AU in the Citi app and there was no mention of additional fees anytime during the process.
Could this be Citi experimenting?
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Could be an early leak. If so and pricing is accurate, I suspect addtional benefits/rewards will be added.

I am only a few months into my membership. I suppose it's possible the fee advisory is popping up on AU adds for members close(r) to renweal time, but this is probably giving Citi too much credit.

TPG has an article about this topic. It's not a good deal anymore if AUs has a $175 fee.
The TPG article fails to note that prospective cardmember T&C disclosure doesn't mention the fee, either (it didn't as of last night, at least).
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:42 pm
dw

No, it’s likely a glitch where the language was populated (early) for the web interface but not the app.

Nobody has received written notification of changes to fees, as required by the CARD Act.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.