Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
As summarized in this Citi/AA press release, the benefits associated with this card changed on July 23, 2023. The new terms and conditions (T&Cs) can be found here.

10k Loyalty Point Bonuses
Reports on this thread to date suggest this benefit is being implemented in the following manner:
  • You are entitled to a 10k bonus if you surpass the 50k and/or 90k LP threshold by any means -- i.e. this is not limited to LPs earned by spend on your credit card. (For the current status year, it is still possible to earn a 10k bonus based on credit card spend -- see T&Cs for details.)
  • You must meet, or have met, these thresholds sometime during the current status year. It does not matter if you were a cardholder at the time you crossed the threshold.
  • Citi has not published any official information about when such 10k bonuses will post to your AA account
  • Experience to date suggests that once cardholders have crossed the 50k or 90k LP threshold, posting of the bonus is triggered by either (a) the closing of your current statement, or (b) a flight or other LP-earning activity (e.g. shopping portal).
  • In the case of (b) above, some bonuses are not posting correctly, and others have posted as being earned, but the points have not been added to people's balances.
  • UPDATE: Many 10k bonuses posted beginning 7/31/23 without flight or other activity, and multiple users have reported corrections to their LP balances
Avis/Budget, Grubhub credits
  • these typically post to your account when your statement closes
Lyft credits
  • per the T&C, "An “Eligible Ride” is any Lyft ride type, excluding business rides and bicycle and scooter rental rides."
  • credits are applied to your Lyft account, not your Citi account
Print Wikipost

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2024, 6:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by aneilwilson
I already had the AAdvantageŽ card member in my profile as I had the Platinum card, so I'm not sure if the upgrade to Executive is there yet.
If you go to the page to buy a membership after you login it he membership duration will have the exec if you have the club attached to your account.

https://premium.aa.com/eloyalty_enu/...w&OptIn=ADMMEM

dw and TWA884 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
AF Renewal coming up for me, and I have 2 AUs that I don't plan to pay the $175 for.

Does anyone know how long I have once the fee posts to cancel those two AUs and receive a refund for the fee? Is it prorated after a certain point?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by joeypore
AF Renewal coming up for me, and I have 2 AUs that I don't plan to pay the $175 for.

Does anyone know how long I have once the fee posts to cancel those two AUs and receive a refund for the fee? Is it prorated after a certain point?
You have 37 days from when the fee posts.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 5:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
The disclosure for the card for new applicants since last summer has said “Annual fee: $595. Annual fee for Authorized Users: $175 for up to 3 Authorized Users and $175 for each Authorized User thereafter”. That is what you can expect to pay.
just a data point

I was charged $450 annual fee on April 1. Family still has their AU cards, we weren't charged an AU fee, and we weren't charged the higher AF.
BeantownFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 9:19 pm

Programs: Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by psychtobe
just a data point

I was charged $450 annual fee on April 1. Family still has their AU cards, we weren't charged an AU fee, and we weren't charged the higher AF.

Lucky you. I feel like I have been shafted.
jmrp likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mikeFT
In my case and some others' here, who got our credit cards after having already reached the 50/90k thresholds prior to getting the card, those bonuses appeared alongside the next point distribution (Activity) on our profiles - independent of anything to do with the card. So for example, after getting the card late in the status period, I received one bonus with some Dining miles posting, and the other I think with some travel miles posting. Those bonuses were separate items, but in each case, the bonus for the 50/90k was triggered by some other activity, and appeared alongside that activity.
I got my Exec card late in February. By that time I had already passed 50k and I think also 90k (or was very close). The bonus for the 90k threshold (“Bonus 2” in the transaction description posted automatically, but the 50k bonus didn’t. I had to hassle AA a couple of times via chat, but it now finally posted, backdated to end of February. And it seems clear that they need some sort of “triggering transaction” to post the bonus even retroactively, because they gave me one RDM in some adjustment transaction with the same date:

Interesting “design”, but… whatever. At least I got my LP. The 10k didn’t push me to a higher status level for 2024 (missed PP by about 5k), but that’s okay because they do count towards Instant Status Pass and I have PE status because of that for likely the rest of the year if not longer anyway.
mikeFT likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I have had this card for 2 years and had originally added on my wife as an authorized user. So now my card is up for renewal and there is a $175 charge for her. If I remove her as an authorized user, will both of us, when traveling together, have access to Admirals Clubs AND Alaska Airlines lounges? I think there's no problem accessing Admirals Clubs but I can't seem to find a definitive answer about Alaska lounges.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I have had this card for 2 years and had originally added on my wife as an authorized user. So now my card is up for renewal and there is a $175 charge for her. If I remove her as an authorized user, will both of us, when traveling together, have access to Admirals Clubs AND Alaska Airlines lounges? I think there's no problem accessing Admirals Clubs but I can't seem to find a definitive answer about Alaska lounges.
Yes. As a Citi Exec cardholder you are a full Admirals Club member. As an AC member you can can access AC's and AS Lounges along with your immediate family or up to 2 guests.
JIMCHI and psychtobe like this.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 8:08 am

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Similar boat with our renewal posting today for $595 + $175. I just don't see the value to keep the authorized user for the 1-2 times per year she travels to a location with an AC without me. Called Citi and was advised that you must removed the authorized user within 37 days of the fee posting to get any refund at all.

Other than that, no retention, no bonus offers. Just a general "you should be glad we offer you all these benefits for such a low fee" attitude.
JIMCHI likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
Just a general "you should be glad we offer you all these benefits for such a low fee" attitude.
If an authorized user is a frequent traveler, $175 for unlimited Admirals Club access is a low fee. If not, I see no reason to add one.
brp and notquiteaff like this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I had an authorized user denied access at the JFK AC this morning. The reason provided is she was not on an international itinerary. It was the AC in the outer concourse, and she had the physical card with her. I would have stood my ground but she has a somewhat shy personality and just left. Weird.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I had an authorized user denied access at the JFK AC this morning. The reason provided is she was not on an international itinerary. It was the AC in the outer concourse, and she had the physical card with her. I would have stood my ground but she has a somewhat shy personality and just left. Weird.
That's terrible, talk about an agent with no clue. Definitely send a complaint to AA.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 12:45 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
That's terrible, talk about an agent with no clue. Definitely send a complaint to AA.
It seems like they bounce back and forth (and the rules are already complicated to begin with). For some reason my AA booked AA flight did not link with my AA number for access into Soho (as an EP on an international itinerary, I have access just from the itinerary), so I handed the card since it is the only thing with my AA number on now they stopped printing it in full on BPs (and for some reason they can't type my number in when I say it, I always have to correct), and was denied because I had the card. Had to push back and say yes, I just handed the card so you can type in the number and was finally allowed access.
Old May 4, 2024, 7:52 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
Similar boat with our renewal posting today for $595 + $175. I just don't see the value to keep the authorized user for the 1-2 times per year she travels to a location with an AC without me. Called Citi and was advised that you must removed the authorized user within 37 days of the fee posting to get any refund at all.

Other than that, no retention, no bonus offers. Just a general "you should be glad we offer you all these benefits for such a low fee" attitude.
My card renewed yesterday, $450 AF, no fees for AUs, but I'm CitiGold.
Old May 7, 2024, 8:34 pm
Suspended

How long does Grubhub credit takes to post? Charge was on Apr 22....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.