Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
As summarized in this Citi/AA press release, the benefits associated with this card changed on July 23, 2023. The new terms and conditions (T&Cs) can be found here.

10k Loyalty Point Bonuses
Reports on this thread to date suggest this benefit is being implemented in the following manner:
  • You are entitled to a 10k bonus if you surpass the 50k and/or 90k LP threshold by any means -- i.e. this is not limited to LPs earned by spend on your credit card. (For the current status year, it is still possible to earn a 10k bonus based on credit card spend -- see T&Cs for details.)
  • You must meet, or have met, these thresholds sometime during the current status year. It does not matter if you were a cardholder at the time you crossed the threshold.
  • Citi has not published any official information about when such 10k bonuses will post to your AA account
  • Experience to date suggests that once cardholders have crossed the 50k or 90k LP threshold, posting of the bonus is triggered by either (a) the closing of your current statement, or (b) a flight or other LP-earning activity (e.g. shopping portal).
  • In the case of (b) above, some bonuses are not posting correctly, and others have posted as being earned, but the points have not been added to people's balances.
  • UPDATE: Many 10k bonuses posted beginning 7/31/23 without flight or other activity, and multiple users have reported corrections to their LP balances
Avis/Budget, Grubhub credits
  • these typically post to your account when your statement closes
Lyft credits
  • per the T&C, "An Eligible Ride is any Lyft ride type, excluding business rides and bicycle and scooter rental rides."
  • credits are applied to your Lyft account, not your Citi account
Print Wikipost

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions

Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:01 am

Hi- my last statement just posted and my miles posted to my AA points but I noticed the loyalty points did not. Do those typically post after the miles post?
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by swf83
Hi- my last statement just posted and my miles posted to my AA points but I noticed the loyalty points did not. Do those typically post after the miles post?
Normally the miles and LP will post together when your statement closes each month, however there's a special process for Feb since AA is counting all transactions in Feb based on transaction date not statement date. Lots of discussion in the below thread. The LP posting from your spend should come soon although officially AA says it could take 8-10 weeks.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ispreloading=1
swf83 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I applied on 2/24 and the tracker just appeared in the app for me. Looks like they fixed it - I have a 70k mile offer for $7k spend, as advertised. Not complaining.
Bummer! Just applied and was approved today. Was hoping for the $10K/100K SUB. I got excited reading all the success stories and totally missed your post (quoted above). Oh well..
Old Mar 9, 2024, 3:45 pm

I applied on 2/24 and the tracker just appeared in the app for me. Looks like they fixed it - I have a 70k mile offer for $7k spend, as advertised. Not complaining.
Bummer! Just applied and was approved today. Was hoping for the $10K/100K SUB. I got excited reading all the success stories and totally missed your post (quoted above). Oh well..
Old Mar 9, 2024, 4:35 pm

My annual fee just posted, and it's the new higher amount. Has anyone successfully gotten a retention bonus on this card?
EZTraveler likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jrmstr33
I think the extra $3k in spend required for the old $10k/100k offer can probably get me more in value than 30k AA miles elsewhere. So I am not too upset.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 5:34 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I think the extra $3k in spend required for the old $10k/100k offer can probably get me more in value than 30k AA miles elsewhere. So I am not too upset.
I actually feel that way about the entire SUB for this card (70K/100K). We both have the card, but neither of us is pursuing the SUB as we have other uses for the money, and other reasons for having the card.

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 10:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
Forgot if this was addressed, but now we are in the new qualifying year 2024-2025, can we earn the 20K bonus LP w this card before the next AF hits, and cancel and keep those deposited bonus LP if we earn the requisite 90K LP prior?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by psiachp
Forgot if this was addressed, but now we are in the new qualifying year 2024-2025, can we earn the 20K bonus LP w this card before the next AF hits, and cancel and keep those deposited bonus LP if we earn the requisite 90K LP prior?
I'm not sure anyone here will have a definitive answer to that question. Recall that this version of the card rolled out in July 2023, and that prior to that, any LP earnings were based on annual card spend ($40,000) rather than LP totals. I would like to think that once you earn the bonus you've earned it and that what happens with your card afterward is immaterial, but who knows. My best guess is that neither Citi nor AA have thought that far ahead yet ...

Last edited by ZenFlyer; Mar 10, 2024 at 1:22 pm
Old Mar 10, 2024, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
My annual fee just posted, and it's the new higher amount. Has anyone successfully gotten a retention bonus on this card?
Well, for anyone who's interested, I called Citi and indicated I would close the card if no retention offers were available. They offered a $100 statement credit after $3,000 in spend. Pretty paltry, but I took it since I want to keep the card, and this credit offsets the increase. I also removed my authorized users to save the new $175/year authorized users fee.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:49 pm

AU Entrance No Card - Newly added

I recently added my FIL as an authorized user on my card. His card has not arrived yet and he has a flight tomorrow. Is there anyway that he can get access to the admirals club without the physical card? I will not be traveling with him.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by NCFlyer555
I recently added my FIL as an authorized user on my card. His card has not arrived yet and he has a flight tomorrow. Is there anyway that he can get access to the admirals club without the physical card? I will not be traveling with him.
In my experience, no. The only avenue for an authorized user is the physical card.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:59 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Is there anyway that he can get access to the admirals club without the physical card?
Unfortunately, not.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Nope - and they are pretty strict about it.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 11:28 am

LP boosts when opening after hitting 50k LP threshold?

Do you need to open (or PC to) AA exec card before hitting 50k LPs to realize the 10k bonus? Im holding off getting it till I know Ill be able to organically get that many LPs since not planning to fly much this year and dont really need Admirals club access

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.