Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ZenFlyer
As summarized in this Citi/AA press release, the benefits associated with this card changed on July 23, 2023. The new terms and conditions (T&Cs) can be found here.

10k Loyalty Point Bonuses
Reports on this thread to date suggest this benefit is being implemented in the following manner:
  • You are entitled to a 10k bonus if you surpass the 50k and/or 90k LP threshold by any means -- i.e. this is not limited to LPs earned by spend on your credit card. (For the current status year, it is still possible to earn a 10k bonus based on credit card spend -- see T&Cs for details.)
  • You must meet, or have met, these thresholds sometime during the current status year. It does not matter if you were a cardholder at the time you crossed the threshold.
  • Citi has not published any official information about when such 10k bonuses will post to your AA account
  • Experience to date suggests that once cardholders have crossed the 50k or 90k LP threshold, posting of the bonus is triggered by either (a) the closing of your current statement, or (b) a flight or other LP-earning activity (e.g. shopping portal).
  • In the case of (b) above, some bonuses are not posting correctly, and others have posted as being earned, but the points have not been added to people's balances.
  • UPDATE: Many 10k bonuses posted beginning 7/31/23 without flight or other activity, and multiple users have reported corrections to their LP balances.
Print Wikipost

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 1:36 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
Will a Citi World Executive card authorized user be permitted entry on their own into the Alaska Lounges in Seattle and Portland?
Incorrect answer from misreading the question redacted.

Cheers.

Last edited by brp; Mar 23, 2024 at 2:18 pm
Old Mar 23, 2024, 2:03 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Will a Citi World Executive card authorized user be permitted entry on their own into the Alaska Lounges in Seattle and Portland?
No, AS lounge access is for the primary user only; AUs do not get access.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Raralith
Sorry to say that I'll be dropping this card when it comes up for renewal next month. I got this card specifically for the AC lounge membership when the LAX Centurion was "temporarily closed" for 2 years, but I did get the bonus 10k LP after spending $40k.I called retention hoping for a solid offer but it was $20 month for 6 months which is unfortunately not good enough. Now that LAX Centurion is open (and the PHL has been opened almost the entire time), I paid the extra $245/annually for an Amex Platinum, got 150k sign up bonus which value much higher then AA miles, some other perks I don't care about, and use the Centurion Lounge which is significantly better then AC's.

I am keeping my AA Platinum select though, $95 annual fee, but retention offered me $99 credit if I spent "X" dollars; also provides 2x on meals and gas which the Executive doesn't have. Lesson learned, even if you're keeping your card, always always always call retention annually as it costs you nothing to do so, and you almost always walk away with something.
Originally Posted by dw
No, AS lounge access is for the primary user only; AUs do not get access.
Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
No LP’s this month?

Did citi screw up? I don’t understand why I’m not getting loyalty points this month. I attached a pic from last month that shows what I normally get.

Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by enviroian
Did citi screw up? I don’t understand why I’m not getting loyalty points this month. I attached a pic from last month that shows what I normally get.
There's a now long running thread right at the top here explaining why. When March statements close you will first receive miles only, with LP coming later. There's even a banner at the top of your aa.com account page calling attention to this.

LPs for AA Credit Card Spend in February – New Rule for 2024

Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage EP
EDIT: Sorry, missed the AU part. I can't say with certainty on that.
EDIT2: Also didn't realize when I replied that it wasn't the last post on the topic, and others had already gone there. My coffee hasn't yet activated.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
No. Primary only for AS Lounges.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:20 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Any new data points on the posting dates for the 50K and 90K LP bonuses? Is it tied to credit card closing date or are they back posting to the date you reached each threshold?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:15 pm

Deleted

Last edited by LovePrunes; Mar 25, 2024 at 12:28 am
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EP
Originally Posted by ymx
Any new data points on the posting dates for the 50K and 90K LP bonuses? Is it tied to credit card closing date or are they back posting to the date you reached each threshold?
In my case and some others' here, who got our credit cards after having already reached the 50/90k thresholds prior to getting the card, those bonuses appeared alongside the next point distribution (Activity) on our profiles - independent of anything to do with the card. So for example, after getting the card late in the status period, I received one bonus with some Dining miles posting, and the other I think with some travel miles posting. Those bonuses were separate items, but in each case, the bonus for the 50/90k was triggered by some other activity, and appeared alongside that activity. They were not backdated to the date the thresholds were passed. Hope that helps.
snare5117 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:04 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by mikeFT
In my case and some others' here, who got our credit cards after having already reached the 50/90k thresholds prior to getting the card, those bonuses appeared alongside the next point distribution (Activity) on our profiles - independent of anything to do with the card. So for example, after getting the card late in the status period, I received one bonus with some Dining miles posting, and the other I think with some travel miles posting. Those bonuses were separate items, but in each case, the bonus for the 50/90k was triggered by some other activity, and appeared alongside that activity. They were not backdated to the date the thresholds were passed. Hope that helps.
That was my situation as a new cardholder who had also reached the thresholds prior to getting the card. I’m just wondering what to expect this year as depending on when they hit it could shorten the time between my 60K (20%) and 100K (30%) LP bonus point thresholds to a day or two.
mikeFT likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:47 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
Originally Posted by iplaybass
Now the wait begins... My February CC statement arrived. I have enough spend prior to 2/29 to get to PlatPro, so we'll when (it should if I understand correctly) or if (this is AA IT we're talking about.) Not that it affects anything for me. I buy F/J, have the Executive card for AC access... not sure what advantages PlatPro has over Platinum, especially since I don't have any European trips on the books for this year, so OW Emerald won't come in handy.
LPs from the Feb statement showed up Friday, 3/22. Platinum Pro status welcome email arrived. 6 days from statement close to credit.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:18 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by enviroian

Have to wait 8-10 weeks. .... Really ? What a good system.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Is there a way to get an Exec card that has the AAdvantage number printed on it? AS lounge agents request AA number (presumably to bill AA) and some apparently want “visual proof”. Just went to an AS lounge for the first time and reading aloud the number was sufficient, but I had to repeat it three times, with everyone around me listening in of course. Not that I am paranoid, but it’s annoying and a waste of time.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Is there a way to get an Exec card that has the AAdvantage number printed on it? AS lounge agents request AA number (presumably to bill AA) and some apparently want “visual proof”. Just went to an AS lounge for the first time and reading aloud the number was sufficient, but I had to repeat it three times, with everyone around me listening in of course. Not that I am paranoid, but it’s annoying and a waste of time.
Unfortunately no. You could show them your AAdvantage number in your app instead of reading it aloud if you like. I went through this at the AS lounge as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.