Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
As summarized in this Citi/AA press release, the benefits associated with this card changed on July 23, 2023. The new terms and conditions (T&Cs) can be found here.

10k Loyalty Point Bonuses
Reports on this thread to date suggest this benefit is being implemented in the following manner:
  • You are entitled to a 10k bonus if you surpass the 50k and/or 90k LP threshold by any means -- i.e. this is not limited to LPs earned by spend on your credit card. (For the current status year, it is still possible to earn a 10k bonus based on credit card spend -- see T&Cs for details.)
  • You must meet, or have met, these thresholds sometime during the current status year. It does not matter if you were a cardholder at the time you crossed the threshold.
  • Citi has not published any official information about when such 10k bonuses will post to your AA account
  • Experience to date suggests that once cardholders have crossed the 50k or 90k LP threshold, posting of the bonus is triggered by either (a) the closing of your current statement, or (b) a flight or other LP-earning activity (e.g. shopping portal).
  • In the case of (b) above, some bonuses are not posting correctly, and others have posted as being earned, but the points have not been added to people's balances.
  • UPDATE: Many 10k bonuses posted beginning 7/31/23 without flight or other activity, and multiple users have reported corrections to their LP balances
Avis/Budget, Grubhub credits
  • these typically post to your account when your statement closes
Lyft credits
  • per the T&C, "An Eligible Ride is any Lyft ride type, excluding business rides and bicycle and scooter rental rides."
  • credits are applied to your Lyft account, not your Citi account
Print Wikipost

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions

Old Feb 25, 2024, 12:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EP
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I had considered the potential benefits of the extra 20k LPs for signing up now. However, I'm over 250k LP already but nowhere near the next reward target,
Yeah I'm in almost exactly the same scenario - these put me at like 276k so it didn't get me anywhere.

so all they would do is give me slightly better upgrade priority for the next 12 months.
I often forget about that, and you're right. It does factor in there.
poupre likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PP, Bonvoy Titanium
I had considered the potential benefits of the extra 20k LPs for signing up now. However, I'm over 250k LP already but nowhere near the next reward target, so all they would do is give me slightly better upgrade priority for the next 12 months.

OTOH, I would also prefer that my account anniversary be as close to March 1 as possible. Is it possible to request a specific date when applying?
I think the risk of waiting to apply is a some point the 100K glitch will be fixed, if it hasn't already. Just as a data point my app was at the very end of December, and it sounds like mikeFT app'd in the first week or so of January.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by poupre
I think the risk of waiting to apply is a some point the 100K glitch will be fixed, if it hasn't already. Just as a data point my app was at the very end of December, and it sounds like mikeFT app'd in the first week or so of January.
How long did it take for the tracker to appear in the Services menu of the app? And is it under Rewards and Benefits?

I applied and got approved yesterday.

If I get the 20k LP from the card before 2/29 (I am currently slightly beyond 90k), it would hopefully activate the 100k awards (Avis and 30% LP bonus for six months) and make reaching the next 50k LP milestone a bit easier easier.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
OTOH, I would also prefer that my account anniversary be as close to March 1 as possible. Is it possible to request a specific date when applying?
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Just out of curiosity why do you want your account anniversary to be March 1? Just so the spend for the SUB counts towards next year's qualification?
Wondering the same thing. Thinking that the ideal time to apply would be towards 2nd half of qualification year in order to increase chances of getting (n+1) 50k/90k LP bonus for (n) AF.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PP, Bonvoy Titanium
I'm not sure how long it takes to show up on the app, I didn't check until almost 2 months after I applied.

How to find the tracker from the Citi app:
Go to Services at the bottom
Then Rewards and Benefits
Then Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
Then scroll down below your AA miles and status tracker, the SUB tracker will be there

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
How long did it take for the tracker to appear in the Services menu of the app? And is it under Rewards and Benefits?

I applied and got approved yesterday.

If I get the 20k LP from the card before 2/29 (I am currently slightly beyond 90k), it would hopefully activate the 100k awards (Avis and 30% LP bonus for six months) and make reaching the next 50k LP milestone a bit easier easier.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I'm not sure how long it takes to show up on the app, I didn't check until almost 2 months after I applied.

How to find the tracker from the Citi app:
Go to Services at the bottom
Then Rewards and Benefits
Then Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
Then scroll down below your AA miles and status tracker, the SUB tracker will be there

Thanks. The Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard doesnt appear for me yet. Perhaps because it hasnt been shipped, or some other processing hasnt happened. I did charge $5 at Amazon yesterday after adding it to my Amazon account. Sadly, Citi doesnt seem to let me to add it to Android Wallet, just Apple Pay. Not sure if it will be an option when I have the physical card and thus the card number, or if it has the same limitation as my other Citi AA card (MileUp) and just doesnt support Android Wallet.
poupre likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Thanks. The Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard doesnt appear for me yet. Perhaps because it hasnt been shipped, or some other processing hasnt happened. I did charge $5 at Amazon yesterday after adding it to my Amazon account. Sadly, Citi doesnt seem to let me to add it to Android Wallet, just Apple Pay. Not sure if it will be an option when I have the physical card and thus the card number, or if it has the same limitation as my other Citi AA card (MileUp) and just doesnt support Android Wallet.
Unfortunately it doesn't work with Google pay. It's a real short coming that I don't understand why it doesn't get fixed.
notquiteaff, ZenFlyer and poupre like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:12 am

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec
Originally Posted by ZoomVT
Unfortunately it doesn't work with Google pay. It's a real short coming that I don't understand why it doesn't get fixed.
When I tried to get it on Google Pay the CSR told me the only way they could do it was to send a physical letter to my address to verify my identity, I didn't pursue it past that.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EP, Delta G, Marriott lt P, Hyatt, Radisson, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by GaryDD
When I tried to get it on Google Pay the CSR told me the only way they could do it was to send a physical letter to my address to verify my identity, I didn't pursue it past that.
Well that's a lot further than I got. I mean it's ridiculous to have to do that, but I'd do it if it meant I could use the darn thing the way I wanted.
So far Citi is telling me it's an American policy, and American is trying to tell me it's Citi policy. Cue the circus music.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:30 am

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by snare5117
Well that's a lot further than I got. I mean it's ridiculous to have to do that, but I'd do it if it meant I could use the darn thing the way I wanted.
So far Citi is telling me it's an American policy, and American is trying to tell me it's Citi policy. Cue the circus music.
Lots of discussion of this issue upthread along with others' attempts to address it. It does not seem to be a "glitch" bit rather a policy choice, albeit one without obvious explanation. Perhaps if enough people continue to complain ...
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EP, Delta G, Marriott lt P, Hyatt, Radisson, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
Lots of discussion of this issue upthread along with others' attempts to address it. It does not seem to be a "glitch" bit rather a policy choice, albeit one without obvious explanation. Perhaps if enough people continue to complain ...
I'll have to try a better search. I searched around when I first ran into this issue myself, because it was so ridiculous that I assumed others had to be frustrated with it too. Nothing came up and I posted about it only for most people to shrug and one person to "helpfully" share that it works fine with Apple Pay.
I'll have to take a more thorough look around. But yeah, I wish more people would complain to both Citi and American about this. Zero reason in 2024 why a credit card shouldn't support a digital wallet. (I do suppose I should stop saying Google Pay since it's moving to Google Wallet, but whatever...)
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZenFlyer

There is also a dedicated thread somewhere I came across when looking for why I couldnt add my MileUp card a while ago. Maybe

Android Pay & Citi AA Executive or Other Citi AAdvantage Card?

Given that I have my Citi Premier card in Google/Android Wallet/Pay, it seems that Citi has the mental and technical capabilities of making it happen. Its just not happening for AA cards. I will send them a complaint when I get my Executive card and if I end up canceling after a year, that will be the reason if they bother to ask.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I applied for and was approved for the Executive card on Saturday 2/24. I haven't received the card yet, but immediately added the card through the Citi website to my Amazon account and bought $5 worth of Amazon credit.

My current LP balance as of 2/28 (today) is 96,000. The to-be-posted credit card LPs for February will push me over 100,000 LP and so in theory I should qualify for the 100k awards, too.

Surprisingly, my first Executive statement closed today. So now I am wondering if the 2 * 10k LP (Executive card benefit for passing 50k and 90k LP) will post tonight together with the 5 LP from that initial spend. Anyone want to wager a guess, or better yet, have a relevant data point?
poupre likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I applied on 2/24 and the tracker just appeared in the app for me. Looks like they fixed it - I have a 70k mile offer for $7k spend, as advertised. Not complaining.
poupre likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 6:53 am

Programs: UAL, AAL, DAL, NKS, JBU
I got the Citi Executive Card about a week ago, and I'm currently at 92k LP but haven't gotten the second 10k LP bonus yet. I think I need to earn at least 1 mile to trigger it as that's when the first 10k came in. Any tips to quickly get at least 1 LP? I really want to get to the 30% bonus. TIA!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.