Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ZenFlyer
As summarized in this Citi/AA press release, the benefits associated with this card changed on July 23, 2023. The new terms and conditions (T&Cs) can be found here.

10k Loyalty Point Bonuses
Reports on this thread to date suggest this benefit is being implemented in the following manner:
  • You are entitled to a 10k bonus if you surpass the 50k and/or 90k LP threshold by any means -- i.e. this is not limited to LPs earned by spend on your credit card. (For the current status year, it is still possible to earn a 10k bonus based on credit card spend -- see T&Cs for details.)
  • You must meet, or have met, these thresholds sometime during the current status year. It does not matter if you were a cardholder at the time you crossed the threshold.
  • Citi has not published any official information about when such 10k bonuses will post to your AA account
  • Experience to date suggests that once cardholders have crossed the 50k or 90k LP threshold, posting of the bonus is triggered by either (a) the closing of your current statement, or (b) a flight or other LP-earning activity (e.g. shopping portal).
  • In the case of (b) above, some bonuses are not posting correctly, and others have posted as being earned, but the points have not been added to people's balances.
  • UPDATE: Many 10k bonuses posted beginning 7/31/23 without flight or other activity, and multiple users have reported corrections to their LP balances.
Print Wikipost

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions

Old Feb 19, 2024, 1:25 am
  #826  
LAX
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA; Philadelphia, PA
Programs: OZ Diamond
Posts: 6,126
Is AU eligible for travel benefits (priority check & boarding) when traveling alone?

LAX
LAX is offline  
Old Feb 19, 2024, 3:23 am
  #827  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: BOS
Posts: 2,315
Originally Posted by LAX
Is AU eligible for travel benefits (priority check & boarding) when traveling alone?

LAX
No. the perks are tied to the primary cardholders AA membership number - the same as if they had elite status. You do not show the credit card - priority access and the applicable boarding group appear in the record and on your boarding pass. AUs only get the limited club access
BeantownFlyer is offline  
Old Feb 19, 2024, 3:55 am
  #828  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ABQ
Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Posts: 1,426
Any experience getting the Avis credit when booked on as.com?
Juanefny is offline  
Old Feb 19, 2024, 8:32 am
  #829  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by econ
What was the posting date in this situation? Curious if I sign up for this card now if theres still time to get a 20k LP bonus to count towards the status year ending this month.
In my case, I had both bonuses within two weeks. I got approved for the card on Jan 3rd, and Bonus 2 shows as credited on Jan 13th, and Bonus 1 was credited on Jan 17th. I don't recall if those were the dates the bonuses appeared, or whether they were backdated to those dates. But they did happen fast.

It seemed like both point drops happened in conjunction with another point drop - dining rewards, or travel base miles - and I've seen some other DPs to that effect. It seems those point drops (at least the delivery of them, if not the date they're credited to) might be tied to another point delivery, if that makes sense. So be sure to put in some triggers once you have that card - dining would be the easiest one.

In your case, You may as well try it, if the card makes sense for you otherwise - there are no Redeemable Miles included; it's Loyalty Points only - but if you need 20k LPs to get to the next tier, I think you probably have time to get them with the card.
econ likes this.
mikeFT is offline  
Old Feb 19, 2024, 8:38 am
  #830  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by Juanefny
Any experience getting the Avis credit when booked on as.com?
I got it credited on the following statement when booked through Avis directly - but I don't know if you can get it when booked through the aa cars portal - that would be the way to go if it works.
mikeFT is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:27 am
  #831  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Programs: DL PM, AA PP, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 58
Made the switch this year from DL to AA, via the Instant Status Pass, and signed up for the Citi Exec Plat card. The SUB was 70K miles for $7K spend. My SUB didn't post within a few days of 2nd statement closed after meeting $7K spend. So I got on chat to insure my spending and SUB were accurate. The chat agent said my SUB was 100K miles for $10K spend! That's obviously a better SUB and I'm happy about it. But has anyone else encountered this? I assume I can trust the chat?

poupre is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 10:10 am
  #832  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 701
Originally Posted by poupre
Made the switch this year from DL to AA, via the Instant Status Pass, and signed up for the Citi Exec Plat card. The SUB was 70K miles for $7K spend. My SUB didn't post within a few days of 2nd statement closed after meeting $7K spend. So I got on chat to insure my spending and SUB were accurate. The chat agent said my SUB was 100K miles for $10K spend! That's obviously a better SUB and I'm happy about it. But has anyone else encountered this? I assume I can trust the chat?
I'd totally take with a grain of salt with Citi's reps. Doesn't Citi sometimes have a bonus tracker either on the website or mobile app that may be relevant? Can't remember if mine had it or not in 2022/2023.

If you can hit the spend I don't think it would hurt to spend the 10k/100k. But the 100k/10k was the offer when the card originally had its refresh in Summer '23. They probably found an old internal knowledge base article and just spit it back to you unless it's a simple "bank error in your favor".

Either way, the bonus points should show up ON the statement as "bonus points" and will post with the rest of your points due a few days after the statement closes. I'd double check to see that you weren't calculating the annual fee into your existing 7k spend for the sign up bonus.
poupre likes this.
Soccerjoshj07 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 10:21 am
  #833  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 16,761
The data (spend so far, remaining required spend, end date) in the chat looks like something the Citi system would produce, not something that the agent would calculate on the fly. So I would feel reasonably confident that you will receive 100,000 miles if you receive $10k. Plus, you have it in writing now, so you can make Citi do as promised (and get the backing of the CFPB if needed).
poupre likes this.
notquiteaff is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:31 am
  #834  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Posts: 1,406
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
The data (spend so far, remaining required spend, end date) in the chat looks like something the Citi system would produce, not something that the agent would calculate on the fly. So I would feel reasonably confident that you will receive 100,000 miles if you receive $10k. Plus, you have it in writing now, so you can make Citi do as promised (and get the backing of the CFPB if needed).
The CITI app and website have a clear-as-day tracker on whatever SUB the card was issued under. The 100K SUB was only offered when the card was released, and had a clear cutoff date.

If you get 100K, then great, bank error in your favor.
WannaTheater is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:45 am
  #835  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Programs: DL PM, AA PP, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
The CITI app and website have a clear-as-day tracker on whatever SUB the card was issued under. The 100K SUB was only offered when the card was released, and had a clear cutoff date.

If you get 100K, then great, bank error in your favor.
Thank you, found, it, it's pretty hidden under the Services menu. Looks like I got very lucky somehow!

poupre is offline  
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:15 am
  #836  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by poupre
Made the switch this year from DL to AA, via the Instant Status Pass, and signed up for the Citi Exec Plat card. The SUB was 70K miles for $7K spend. My SUB didn't post within a few days of 2nd statement closed after meeting $7K spend. So I got on chat to insure my spending and SUB were accurate. The chat agent said my SUB was 100K miles for $10K spend! That's obviously a better SUB and I'm happy about it. But has anyone else encountered this? I assume I can trust the chat?
I signed up in January, and the offer was 70k at $7000 spend. But from the time I was approved, all communication then showed 100k @ $10k spend. I was worried at first because I didn't know whether I could hit $10k in three months. But I didn't want to miss out on the full 100k if I were able to hit that target - so I took screenshots of everything, the sign-up page, Doctor of Credit page, my tracker showing the 100k offer, etc - in case I wanted to argue it in one way or the other.

We ended up deciding to buy an upcoming international trip rather than redeeming miles for it, and that covered the difference on the spend. So I'm expecting to get the 100k miles when this statement closes in two days (it may take longer to see them post, but I expect the statement will reflect having earned them).

So apart from the application page showing 70k, everything else in my experience so far referenced the 100k offer instead, and I'm glad it did.
poupre likes this.

Last edited by mikeFT; Feb 24, 2024 at 9:58 am
mikeFT is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:43 am
  #837  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: PHL
Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Posts: 5,034
Has anyone seen a 100k offer published anywhere? I'm going to apply for the Executive card and hitting a 10k spend requirement should be no problem. I'm only seeing 70k bonuses on the AA and Citi sites.
PHLGovFlyer is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2024, 9:58 am
  #838  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Has anyone seen a 100k offer published anywhere? I'm going to apply for the Executive card and hitting a 10k spend requirement should be no problem. I'm only seeing 70k bonuses on the AA and Citi sites.
I recommend you get that card before the end of the month even if it is only 70k SUB - because if you've already earned 50/90k LPs for this current qualification year, you'll get the 10/20k LP bonus right now, and again next year when you hit 50/90k again.

But I suspect you'll get the 100k offer once you apply, like poupre and I both did.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, those LPs may or may not help you reach a target with just a couple days left - and they have no RDM component; but if they do help you reach a Loyalty Bonus or higher tier, that's something to consider.
notquiteaff and poupre like this.

Last edited by mikeFT; Feb 24, 2024 at 5:41 pm
mikeFT is offline  
Old Feb 25, 2024, 3:16 am
  #839  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: PHL
Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Posts: 5,034
Originally Posted by mikeFT
I recommend you get that card before the end of the month even if it is only 70k SUB - because if you've already earned 50/90k LPs for this current qualification year, you'll get the 10/20k LP bonus right now, and again next year when you hit 50/90k again.

But I suspect you'll get the 100k offer once you apply, like poupre and I both did.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, those LPs may or may not help you reach a target with just a couple days left - and they have no RDM component; but if they do help you reach a Loyalty Bonus or higher tier, that's something to consider.
I had considered the potential benefits of the extra 20k LPs for signing up now. However, I'm over 250k LP already but nowhere near the next reward target, so all they would do is give me slightly better upgrade priority for the next 12 months.

OTOH, I would also prefer that my account anniversary be as close to March 1 as possible. Is it possible to request a specific date when applying?
PHLGovFlyer is offline  
Old Feb 25, 2024, 5:41 am
  #840  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RDU <|> MMX
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Posts: 12,407
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I had considered the potential benefits of the extra 20k LPs for signing up now. However, I'm over 250k LP already but nowhere near the next reward target, so all they would do is give me slightly better upgrade priority for the next 12 months.

OTOH, I would also prefer that my account anniversary be as close to March 1 as possible. Is it possible to request a specific date when applying?
Just out of curiosity why do you want your account anniversary to be March 1? Just so the spend for the SUB counts towards next year's qualification?

Once you apply your account is live as of when you're approved (so typically the same day), I'm not aware of any way to apply today but have your account not active until X date. We're only a few days away so I'd just wait until March 1 to apply.
JJeffrey is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.