Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
As summarized in this Citi/AA press release, the benefits associated with this card changed on July 23, 2023. The new terms and conditions (T&Cs) can be found here.

10k Loyalty Point Bonuses
Reports on this thread to date suggest this benefit is being implemented in the following manner:
  • You are entitled to a 10k bonus if you surpass the 50k and/or 90k LP threshold by any means -- i.e. this is not limited to LPs earned by spend on your credit card. (For the current status year, it is still possible to earn a 10k bonus based on credit card spend -- see T&Cs for details.)
  • You must meet, or have met, these thresholds sometime during the current status year. It does not matter if you were a cardholder at the time you crossed the threshold.
  • Citi has not published any official information about when such 10k bonuses will post to your AA account
  • Experience to date suggests that once cardholders have crossed the 50k or 90k LP threshold, posting of the bonus is triggered by either (a) the closing of your current statement, or (b) a flight or other LP-earning activity (e.g. shopping portal).
  • In the case of (b) above, some bonuses are not posting correctly, and others have posted as being earned, but the points have not been added to people's balances.
  • UPDATE: Many 10k bonuses posted beginning 7/31/23 without flight or other activity, and multiple users have reported corrections to their LP balances
Avis/Budget, Grubhub credits
  • these typically post to your account when your statement closes
Lyft credits
  • per the T&C, "An “Eligible Ride” is any Lyft ride type, excluding business rides and bicycle and scooter rental rides."
  • credits are applied to your Lyft account, not your Citi account
Print Wikipost

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions

Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by snare5117
How on earth does this card not support being added to Google Wallet? It's 2024.
No problem adding it to Apple Wallet 😁
brp, Juanefny, hbtr and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EP, Delta G, Marriott lt P, Hyatt, Radisson, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
No problem adding it to Apple Wallet 😁
Thank you for this enormously helpful comment.
It's not a Google Wallet limitation, it's an American policy decision.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 8:15 am

All Citi branded consumer credit and debit cards issued in the US are eligible for Google Pay, except for ATM cards, American Express® cards, and Citi® / AAdvantage®cards. Citi branded business cards are not eligible for Google Pay, except for US issued Costco Anywhere Visa® Business cards.”
Old Jan 30, 2024, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EP, Delta G, Marriott lt P, Hyatt, Radisson, etc etc etc
All Citi branded consumer credit and debit cards issued in the US are eligible for Google Pay, except for ATM cards, American Express® cards, and Citi® / AAdvantage®cards. Citi branded business cards are not eligible for Google Pay, except for US issued Costco Anywhere Visa® Business cards.”
Yes... as I said, it's an American policy decision. I have already confirmed this.
I know it's not eligible; I'm asking why on earth any organization would make this decision in 2024. It's incredibly stupid on American's part.
scolbath and ZenFlyer like this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I rented an Avis car back in December and my statement closing date has come and gone with no $120 statement credit. The posting was for "Avis Budget" and it was rented from AMS so perhaps this is one European location that does not participate in this program (which is spelled out in the terms and conditions). As a side note...

The reason I originally signed-up for this card was due to the fact that the annual fee was only $450 and the Alaska Lounge + membership was up to $550. I primarily use my card for the Alaska Lounge access so I figured I'd save $100 by getting this card instead and indeed it has been a great way to essentially have a lounge access at both Alaska Lounges and ACs. When I found out the annual fee for this card was going up to $595, I realized that the Alaska Lounge + membership was actually cheaper at $550 (especially given the fact that I have one AU which would no longer be free). With my annual fee due in February (now), I went ahead paid for the Alaska Lounge + membership at $550, but now I see the annual fee posted at $450 not $595 so I'm somewhat regretting my decision to cancel this card but I really have no choice now since I don't want to pay for two memberships to the same lounge.

Last edited by PDXPremier; Feb 6, 2024 at 10:02 pm
Old Feb 12, 2024, 9:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage EP
I want to check the DPs on this particular question which I think I have seen before but couldn't confirm it now:

With the bonus LPs given at the milestones of 50k and 90k LPs - my assumption is that you can earn those each twice in one cardmember year, if your timing is right. Let me spell out my own case:

Got the card in January, was already above 90k for this qualification year, so I was awarded both bonuses within a couple weeks of getting the card. In March we'll reset the qualification year, and begin again. My assumption is that once I reach 50k LPs I will earn the Executive card bonus again, and same for once I reach 90k again (as long as I hit 90k before the end of my cardmember year, in January).

Does that sound right? I'll paste the terms below, which all seem to confirm that you can only earn these bonuses once per qualifying year, but that seems to mean that you can earn it twice in a cardmember year.

Up to 20,000 Additional Loyalty Points

For AAdvantage® status qualifying year, defined as March 1, 2023 – February 29, 2024, the Primary credit cardmember will earn 10,000 additional Loyalty Points for fulfilling one of the following milestones: 1.) after earning 50,000 Loyalty Points, or 2.) after spending $40,000 in purchases that post to the cardmember’s account. You can only earn the first 10,000 additional Loyalty Points once in the AAdvantage® status qualifying year of March 1, 2023 – February 29, 2024.

Additionally, if in that same qualifying year, the Primary credit cardmember earns 90,000 Loyalty Points, the Primary credit cardmember will be awarded an additional 10,000 Loyalty Points. Total additional Loyalty Points that can be earned through this benefit is 20,000 in one qualifying year.

Starting on March 1, 2024, and going forward, the Primary credit cardmember will earn 10,000 additional Loyalty Points after earning 50,000 Loyalty Points each qualifying year. If in that same qualifying year, the Primary credit cardmember earns 90,000 Loyalty Points, the Primary credit cardmember will be awarded an additional 10,000 Loyalty Points. Total additional Loyalty Points that can be earned through this benefit is 20,000 in one qualifying year.

A Primary credit cardmember may earn up to 20,000 additional Loyalty Points only once each qualifying year, even if the credit cardmember has more than one Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard account. Up to 20,000 additional Loyalty Points earned are in addition to any Loyalty Points earned for purchases made on the credit card. Purchases exclude returned goods or services, traveler’s checks, purchases of foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers (and similar cash-like transactions), lottery tickets, and gaming chips (and similar betting transactions). Purchases made through additional credit cards on the Primary credit cardmember’s account (Authorized Users) will count toward the Primary credit cardmember’s qualifying spend.

Additional Loyalty Points earned as a result of this benefit will typically be posted to the Primary credit cardmember’s AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after meeting either the Loyalty Points or spend requirements. Loyalty Points only count toward status qualification for the AAdvantage® program. Loyalty Points earned through this benefit will not count toward AAdvantage® Million Miler™ status. Loyalty Points cannot be redeemed for award travel, AAdvantage® miles or any other AAdvantage® program awards. AAdvantage® program status requirements and balance are available at aa.com/newaadvantage ».
Old Feb 12, 2024, 9:55 am

The credit card “year” is irrelevant. It is tied to the aadvantage qualifying year, except for the first year when they made some adjustments - all as spelled out in the T&C you quoted.
JJeffrey, ZenFlyer and mikeFT like this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mikeFT
With the bonus LPs given at the milestones of 50k and 90k LPs - my assumption is that you can earn those each twice in one cardmember year, if your timing is right. Let me spell out my own case:

Got the card in January, was already above 90k for this qualification year, so I was awarded both bonuses within a couple weeks of getting the card. In March we'll reset the qualification year, and begin again. My assumption is that once I reach 50k LPs I will earn the Executive card bonus again, and same for once I reach 90k again (as long as I hit 90k before the end of my cardmember year, in January).

Does that sound right? I'll paste the terms below, which all seem to confirm that you can only earn these bonuses once per qualifying year, but that seems to mean that you can earn it twice in a cardmember year.
That is correct, because of your timing you may receive the bonuses twice in calendar year 2024, but as noted above the cardmember year is irrelevant for this bonus.
mikeFT likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 1:33 pm

Anyone know if it's possible to access an Admirals Club if you were just added as an Authorized User to a card but haven't received the physical card? Any tricks like looking it up by social/name/dob or adding it to Apple Pay? Anything other than waiting for physical card? Have a trip coming up in 4 days would like to use it.

and 2nd, an AU is allowed to bring a guest flying on same PNR right?
Old Feb 12, 2024, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by kromix
Anyone know if it's possible to access an Admirals Club if you were just added as an Authorized User to a card but haven't received the physical card? Any tricks like looking it up by social/name/dob or adding it to Apple Pay? Anything other than waiting for physical card? Have a trip coming up in 4 days would like to use it.

and 2nd, an AU is allowed to bring a guest flying on same PNR right?
Rules say AU needs physical card. You get two guests.

edit - don’t need to be on same PNR or even same flight.
kromix likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 1:42 pm

Rules say AU needs physical card. You get two guests.

edit - don’t need to be on same PNR or even same flight.
Awesome ty, damnit was hoping there was some way to get in prior to physical card arriving :\
Old Feb 13, 2024, 3:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by kromix
Awesome ty, damnit was hoping there was some way to get in prior to physical card arriving :\
Sadly, I've twice left my AU card at home. Once, they knew me at the club and let me in. The other time, they didn't know me and said there's no way to let me in without the card as they can't look my up and can't get paid for the visit.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
I was approved for this card on Feb 26, 2023. I was charged an AF of $450 on 4/3/2023.

What AF will I have this year and will I have to pay the AU fee?
Old Feb 16, 2024, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by psychtobe
I was approved for this card on Feb 26, 2023. I was charged an AF of $450 on 4/3/2023.

What AF will I have this year and will I have to pay the AU fee?
The disclosure for the card for new applicants since last summer has said “Annual fee: $595. Annual fee for Authorized Users: $175 for up to 3 Authorized Users and $175 for each Authorized User thereafter”. That is what you can expect to pay.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by mikeFT
Got the card in January, was already above 90k for this qualification year, so I was awarded both bonuses within a couple weeks of getting the card.
What was the posting date in this situation? Curious if I sign up for this card now if there’s still time to get a 20k LP bonus to count towards the status year ending this month.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.