Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
As summarized in this Citi/AA press release, the benefits associated with this card changed on July 23, 2023. The new terms and conditions (T&Cs) can be found here.

10k Loyalty Point Bonuses
Reports on this thread to date suggest this benefit is being implemented in the following manner:
  • You are entitled to a 10k bonus if you surpass the 50k and/or 90k LP threshold by any means -- i.e. this is not limited to LPs earned by spend on your credit card. (For the current status year, it is still possible to earn a 10k bonus based on credit card spend -- see T&Cs for details.)
  • You must meet, or have met, these thresholds sometime during the current status year. It does not matter if you were a cardholder at the time you crossed the threshold.
  • Citi has not published any official information about when such 10k bonuses will post to your AA account
  • Experience to date suggests that once cardholders have crossed the 50k or 90k LP threshold, posting of the bonus is triggered by either (a) the closing of your current statement, or (b) a flight or other LP-earning activity (e.g. shopping portal).
  • In the case of (b) above, some bonuses are not posting correctly, and others have posted as being earned, but the points have not been added to people's balances.
  • UPDATE: Many 10k bonuses posted beginning 7/31/23 without flight or other activity, and multiple users have reported corrections to their LP balances
Avis/Budget, Grubhub credits
  • these typically post to your account when your statement closes
Lyft credits
  • per the T&C, "An Eligible Ride is any Lyft ride type, excluding business rides and bicycle and scooter rental rides."
  • credits are applied to your Lyft account, not your Citi account
Print Wikipost

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions

Old May 8, 2024, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
How long does Grubhub credit takes to post? Charge was on Apr 22....
I **THINK** it only posts when your statement closes.
Old May 8, 2024, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; AZ: Premium; BA: Gold; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
I **THINK** it only posts when your statement closes.
Same with the annual $120 credit for Avis/Budget. Look carefully on your statement where it posts for the monthly $10 GrubHub credit. It will be as of the closing date.
Old May 8, 2024, 11:07 pm

Exec card baggage allowance stack with status?

So cant figure out if the 1 ester extra checked bag on Exec card stacks with status allowance?

Im right at the break even point to make this card worthwhile since Im not a domestic road warrior so really its a question of how much I want to push towards plat and plat pro even if I may not see much benefit beyond gold/maybe plat, so Its really to get those 20k LPs

almost wonder if a few hotel runs would be less effort and cost to get that along with RDMs
Old May 8, 2024, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Whats The Points
So cant figure out if the 1 ester extra checked bag on Exec card stacks with status allowance?
It does not stack. It gives you one checked bag free total. If you already get that because of status, this benefit from the card does nothing extra.
Old May 9, 2024, 12:50 am

Hello everyone, is the free 1 check bag from AA metal only apply to domestic? I book one trip to Japan flying on AA next month, trying to understand If i get free bag or not, I dont have any status, thank you!
Old May 9, 2024, 1:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by hondaman82
Hello everyone, is the free 1 check bag from AA metal only apply to domestic? I book one trip to Japan flying on AA next month, trying to understand If i get free bag or not, I dont have any status, thank you!
Domestic only.
psychtobe likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Looks like the 100k SUB offer is available again.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-...00-mile-offer/
Old May 10, 2024, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Looks like the 100k SUB offer is available again.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-...00-mile-offer/
Is it odd that this offer cannot be found on the CITI site itself?
Old May 12, 2024, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Is it odd that this offer cannot be found on the CITI site itself?
Just an FYI, I used the link yesterday and it worked. I checked this morning and have the $10k/100,000 miles tracker in my account.
WannaTheater likes this.
Old May 16, 2024, 7:42 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
(Mods: No rules violation intended.) Hope I’m not violating any Forum rules, saw the attached trifold wallet sized brochure in a DCA Admirals Club a few days ago, don’t know Referral Code nor proper Airport Code to enter, I don’t follow this card.

Old May 16, 2024, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
(Mods: No rules violation intended.) Hope Im not violating any Forum rules, saw the attached trifold wallet sized brochure in a DCA Admirals Club a few days ago, dont know Referral Code nor proper Airport Code to enter, I dont follow this card.

I wonder if that is how that website from above was able to get the 100k link. I did use that link and it worked like a charm for both my wife and myself. You can use 999999 for the referral code and Airport code is optional. Just FYIs in case anyone was wondering.
Old May 19, 2024, 4:55 pm

So bit the bullet and PC'd my MileUp card to the Exec. Honestly I feel a bit guilty seeing how much overlap there is with my Amex plat and Chase Sapphire Reserve cards, and I don't think I value the Admiral lounge membership too much. Mostly I'm just trying to make hitting plat status, and maybe plat pro a bit easier, and can use the Avis and grubhub pretty easily.

I noticed Citi stated that I had several weeks to cancel the PC, thought not sure if that can still be done after receiving and activating the new card.

Anyone else still able to justify this card if they don't value the lounge access?
Old May 19, 2024, 4:59 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
So bit the bullet and PC'd my MileUp card to the Exec. Honestly I feel a bit guilty seeing how much overlap there is with my Amex plat and Chase Sapphire Reserve cards, and I don't think I value the Admiral lounge membership too much. Mostly I'm just trying to make hitting plat status, and maybe plat pro a bit easier, and can use the Avis and grubhub pretty easily.

I noticed Citi stated that I had several weeks to cancel the PC, thought not sure if that can still be done after receiving and activating the new card.

Anyone else still able to justify this card if they don't value the lounge access?
What does your hotel booking strategy look like? If using AA hotels, the 10x is pretty great, but still is lower than something like the Amex Hilton Aspire (although it can be said AA miles are much more valuable)
Old May 19, 2024, 4:59 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

We find the 20K LP worth the card on its own since we get EXP every year. The LP/$ ratio is good enough to justify the card cost. We do use the AC membership, so thats an added bonus. But the LPs are sufficient for us to each have our own.

Cheers

Last edited by brp; May 19, 2024 at 5:16 pm
Old May 19, 2024, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by S80
What does your hotel booking strategy look like? If using AA hotels, the 10x is pretty great, but still is lower than something like the Amex Hilton Aspire (although it can be said AA miles are much more valuable)
well I do use the aspire sometimes though mostly working on Hyatt status at the moment so that really discourages portal bookings. That said it seems like you only need a few nights here and there to make good LPs and I do a reasonable amount of shopping portal and dining already so maybe thatll be enough

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.