Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
As summarized in this Citi/AA press release, the benefits associated with this card changed on July 23, 2023. The new terms and conditions (T&Cs) can be found here.

10k Loyalty Point Bonuses
Reports on this thread to date suggest this benefit is being implemented in the following manner:
  • You are entitled to a 10k bonus if you surpass the 50k and/or 90k LP threshold by any means -- i.e. this is not limited to LPs earned by spend on your credit card. (For the current status year, it is still possible to earn a 10k bonus based on credit card spend -- see T&Cs for details.)
  • You must meet, or have met, these thresholds sometime during the current status year. It does not matter if you were a cardholder at the time you crossed the threshold.
  • Citi has not published any official information about when such 10k bonuses will post to your AA account
  • Experience to date suggests that once cardholders have crossed the 50k or 90k LP threshold, posting of the bonus is triggered by either (a) the closing of your current statement, or (b) a flight or other LP-earning activity (e.g. shopping portal).
  • In the case of (b) above, some bonuses are not posting correctly, and others have posted as being earned, but the points have not been added to people's balances.
  • UPDATE: Many 10k bonuses posted beginning 7/31/23 without flight or other activity, and multiple users have reported corrections to their LP balances
Avis/Budget, Grubhub credits
  • these typically post to your account when your statement closes
Lyft credits
  • per the T&C, "An “Eligible Ride” is any Lyft ride type, excluding business rides and bicycle and scooter rental rides."
  • credits are applied to your Lyft account, not your Citi account
Print Wikipost

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions

Old Jan 20, 2024, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Did anyone do the online upgrade offer from the Aadvantage Platinum card to the Executive card? How long did that take to process? (Wondering about when to do it before an upcoming trip.)
I did this last September one afternoon, by the second morning AA recognized I had the exec card. I contacted Citi and asked if they could overnight my card as I had travel coming up, and they did. They told me they couldn't overnight my AUs' cards though. Those arrived within a week through USPS first class mail.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by EZTraveler
Holders of the card before the change in terms in July, 2023... Im wondering what you got charged for an annual fee on renewal?
Holders with AU's, how about you, did you get charged for your AU's on renewal?
I have card with 3 AU. Renewal fee posted 1/15/24 for membership year 1/24-12/24. Was charged $450.

Went back and looked at FAQs on Citi website which explain new fee structure. It simply says “You'll be officially notified if your Annual Membership Fee is changing, and if so, when the change takes effect.”

As of now, I am pleasantly surprised.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:32 pm

Does anyone have any retention history datapoints?
Old Jan 22, 2024, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
I have card with 3 AU. Renewal fee posted 1/15/24 for membership year 1/24-12/24. Was charged $450.

Went back and looked at FAQs on Citi website which explain new fee structure. It simply says “You'll be officially notified if your Annual Membership Fee is changing, and if so, when the change takes effect.”

As of now, I am pleasantly surprised.
YES!!!!! I really like the use of the word IF! I really want to add some AU's but I'm afraid that id I do I might get tossed into the other bucket.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Re: $120 Avis credit

Do we think the Avis credit will work by transaction date or purchase date? I rented a car on 12/31 and this is what it looks like on my recent transactions:

Purchased On Dec 31, 2023 12:02 PM ET
Posted On Jan 03, 2024

The Avis rental credit goes by POSTED date not transaction date, for the record. I already received my 2023 credit in October so this is definitely the 2024 credit.

Old Jan 23, 2024, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Plt Pro (2MM)
I looked and probably missed the answer to this...my apologies in advance.

Just got my executive card and activated it. I'm an existing Admirals Club member and my membership renewed a month or so before I made the decision to swap to this card. Do I get a prorated rebate from my recently-paid membership renewal or do I need to request it? Also, does the "member since" date carry forward from when I first became an AC member?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Fly'nAAgain
I looked and probably missed the answer to this...my apologies in advance.

Just got my executive card and activated it. I'm an existing Admirals Club member and my membership renewed a month or so before I made the decision to swap to this card. Do I get a prorated rebate from my recently-paid membership renewal or do I need to request it? Also, does the "member since" date carry forward from when I first became an AC member?
I'm guessing you'll need to call Admirals Club customer service to see if it's possible to get a pro-rated refund of the annual fee you've already paid. I highly doubt this would happen automatically. No idea if the member since date changes, I don't think that really means much anyways.
Fly'nAAgain likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I'm guessing you'll need to call Admirals Club customer service to see if it's possible to get a pro-rated refund of the annual fee you've already paid. I highly doubt this would happen automatically. No idea if the member since date changes, I don't think that really means much anyways.
I’m NOT guessing. It’s automatic:If the primary cardmember is an Admirals Club® member on the date his or her Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite'' MasterCard® card account is approved by Citi® and has sixty (60) or more days remaining on such current Admirals Club® membership, he or she is eligible to receive a prorated refund from American Airlines for any unused portion of his or her current Admirals Club® membership fee. The refund will be a prorated amount of the annual membership fee calculated based on the number of days remaining on such primary cardmember's current Admirals Club® membership as of the date his or her Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite"' MasterCard® card account is approved by Citi®. Refunds will be automatically made in the original form of payment within twelve (12) weeks of becoming a Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite"' MasterCard® cardmember. Lifetime Admirals Club® members and AirPass® members with Admirals Club® privileges are not eligible for a refund.
JJeffrey and Fly'nAAgain like this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
I’m NOT guessing. It’s automatic:If the primary cardmember is an Admirals Club® member on the date his or her Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite'' MasterCard® card account is approved by Citi® and has sixty (60) or more days remaining on such current Admirals Club® membership, he or she is eligible to receive a prorated refund from American Airlines for any unused portion of his or her current Admirals Club® membership fee. The refund will be a prorated amount of the annual membership fee calculated based on the number of days remaining on such primary cardmember's current Admirals Club® membership as of the date his or her Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite"' MasterCard® card account is approved by Citi®. Refunds will be automatically made in the original form of payment within twelve (12) weeks of becoming a Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite"' MasterCard® cardmember. Lifetime Admirals Club® members and AirPass® members with Admirals Club® privileges are not eligible for a refund.
That is great, I had no idea it was automatic.
BeantownFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA Plt Pro (2MM)
Awesome...thank you!
Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I’m NOT guessing. It’s automatic:
Link to the quoted language:
Fly'nAAgain likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I chose the upgrade on Jan 13. Citi opened up the new account by Wednesday Jan 17. It showed up on line. Everything was transferred over to the new account number. The new account appeared in my apple wallet about that time. I got the card today via FedEx. I should get the 20KLP points bonus which would push me up to Executive Platinum. We will see how soon those post.
himomer likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 3:10 pm

"Hello,

I would like to inquire if I can access the Oneworld airline lounges while holding the Citi® / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard, even when I'm not flying with American Airlines but with a member of the Oneworld alliance."

Let me know if you need further assistance!
Old Jan 28, 2024, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by azamhk
"Hello,

I would like to inquire if I can access the Oneworld airline lounges while holding the Citi® / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard, even when I'm not flying with American Airlines but with a member of the Oneworld alliance."

Let me know if you need further assistance!
The primary cardholder has a full admirals club membership and can access the approximately 100 Admirals club locations and 50 partner lounges listed here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...-locations.jsp

You will have access when flying a Oneworld carrier and must present:

A boarding pass for same-day travel on an eligible flight. An ‘eligible flight’ includes any departing or arriving flight that is marketed or operated by American, marketed and operated by any oneworld® airline [or through 1/31/24 JetBlue]

Note authorized users on your account can only access Admirals clubs and not partner clubs.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EP, Delta G, Marriott lt P, Hyatt, Radisson, etc etc etc
How on earth does this card not support being added to Google Wallet? It's 2024. I don't want to have to dig for my physical card to pay for things when I constantly have my phone in my hand or within easy reach. Do Citi and American not want me to spend more dollars?
Anyone have any insight as to why this isn't available with this card and when it WILL be available? I'll be asking Citi about it but good grief, I didn't even think to check before applying - every other card I've ever had has worked seamlessly with GPay/Wallet. Had I known, I never would have applied. If it's not on the forthcoming feature list I'll be dumping the card before the next anniversary date.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.