Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ZenFlyer
As summarized in this Citi/AA press release, the benefits associated with this card changed on July 23, 2023. The new terms and conditions (T&Cs) can be found here.

10k Loyalty Point Bonuses
Reports on this thread to date suggest this benefit is being implemented in the following manner:
  • You are entitled to a 10k bonus if you surpass the 50k and/or 90k LP threshold by any means -- i.e. this is not limited to LPs earned by spend on your credit card. (For the current status year, it is still possible to earn a 10k bonus based on credit card spend -- see T&Cs for details.)
  • You must meet, or have met, these thresholds sometime during the current status year. It does not matter if you were a cardholder at the time you crossed the threshold.
  • Citi has not published any official information about when such 10k bonuses will post to your AA account
  • Experience to date suggests that once cardholders have crossed the 50k or 90k LP threshold, posting of the bonus is triggered by either (a) the closing of your current statement, or (b) a flight or other LP-earning activity (e.g. shopping portal).
  • In the case of (b) above, some bonuses are not posting correctly, and others have posted as being earned, but the points have not been added to people's balances.
  • UPDATE: Many 10k bonuses posted beginning 7/31/23 without flight or other activity, and multiple users have reported corrections to their LP balances.
Print Wikipost

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2023, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by MarkOK
Yeah, the priority boarding and check in were nice perks that I definitively valued and considered when evaluating the cards.

1. The ~$450 Annual fee card gets you Group 4 boarding, the $100 annual fee card gets you Group 5 boarding. If you are group 5, you might as well be group 8.
2. The $450 Annual fee gets you Priority Check-in Access, the $100 fee card doesn't. I am a big fan of going to the Priority check in lane (even when I travel alone), vs being scuttled towards a self-check in machine and having to tag all my own bags and flip through all those screens. And when I was towing around a child and all that crap, it was a god-send at big airports just walking up to a counter than waiting in a long line just to do all the work myself with getting my bags tagged.
3. The $450 annual fee gets priority bag tags. Which when it works, is nice (though, not that big of a deal).

(and $125 after $20,000 in purchases just makes up for the opportunity costs by not using better cash back cards. I can get $400 cash back on $20,000 spend, for example, which is worth more to me than $125 + 20,000 AA miles (which I value at 1-1.5 cents per mile, generally speaking). So the 95$ or whatever annual fee should not be discounted!)
💡get both
the $99 is more than free when you spend the $20k
the extra 10k LP's for spending $40k are a boost towards EXP renewal and comes with AC access for me and my whole family of Authorized Users and have access to the club angels, who aren't in amex lounges with long bar lines and hordes of locusts blogger referrals scarfing down the food.
i expense the Exec card as a biz expense. It just all works for me
Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Small quirk that may be helpful to know...<snip>
In the end, I get a notice that there's a package in my lobby on the day I returned--Citi did not even send the card for almost two weeks, and it arrived in an AAdvantage branded 3/4" thick box via FedEx.
Thanks for this. I have a PO Box (mail thefts in my area) and USPS is no longer forwarding to the PO Box since it's been over a year. I did provide my PO Box and since I already have a Costco Visa with Citi that has my billing address as the PO Box I HOPE that's where they send it. I got an e-mail on 3/31 promising it in 7-10 business days "in a plain white envelope". I'll be out of town starting 4/17 and hope to use it at ORD 4/21. Sounds like I'll be able to get AC access even without the card, though, since I'll have my BP with my AAdvantage #.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:37 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Athena53
Thanks for this
Glad the memo was timely. Your AAdvantage number should update within a couple of days so should be no issues getting into the clubs. I was actually fortunate Citi took so long to ship the card as otherwise the box would have sat out in our package room for 7-10 days. Hopefully they will accommodate your POB address as promised!
Old Apr 14, 2023, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Small quirk that may be helpful to know...I just (re)acquired this card. Application website said card would arrive in an unmarked envelope. Received email that it was on the way and to call by XX date if card had not arrived. <snip>
In the end, I get a notice that there's a package in my lobby on the day I returned--Citi did not even send the card for almost two weeks, and it arrived in an AAdvantage branded 3/4" thick box via FedEx.
This was my experience as well- my PO Informed Delivery said a mailing was arriving from "Oberthur Technologies"- looked it up and it's a company that makes cards with magnetic stripes. Yes, it was my new card- got e-mail that it was "on the way" 3/31, arrived 4/14. The box included the usual paperwork plus some lush brochures describing how much the card would enhance my life.

Glad to have it before my Des Moines/Chicago trip and I've already racked up a charge for an annual MedJetAssist membership through the AA portal for 4 extra LPs per $.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
The Exec card is different than a standard credit card. It has a rigid steel piece of black plate in the middle of the card. Enough to set off some metal detectors at airports. Its not a standard plastic card that any bank can print off when you sign up for a new ATM card.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 12:26 pm

Quick question do I need to present the credit card to enter the Business/ First line at the check in counter? Curious how that benefit works.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I can't remember the last time a Priority AAccess/check-in line was monitored. Can't hurt to have it on hand if you are challenged. Once you get to a desk its linked to your AAdvantage account so the agent would be able to see your eligibility.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by deeruck
I can't remember the last time a Priority AAccess/check-in line was monitored. Can't hurt to have it on hand if you are challenged. Once you get to a desk its linked to your AAdvantage account so the agent would be able to see your eligibility.
Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2023, 6:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by deeruck
I have often entered a Priority check-in line that is monitored. The monitor only asked if you are qualified to be in the line, never physically checking anything. Just say, "yes".
Old Apr 15, 2023, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by ENFO
Quick question do I need to present the credit card to enter the Business/ First line at the check in counter? Curious how that benefit works.
It should also be printed on your boarding pass if you've already checked in on-line.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 8:15 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
For 1-3 flights per year it doesn't make any sense to get an AC membership.

If you ever want to use an Admirals Club you can always just buy a day pass for $59.
do day passes allow me to bring in my immediate family for the same $59?
Old Apr 15, 2023, 8:26 am

i got my 16 year old daughter an AU card so she could buy gas, and also for lounge access as she may fly alone this summer through ORD. but she wouldn't be able to use AS at departure here in PDX because she's an AU? And more it seems because she's not 18 she can't use the AC in ORD?
Old Apr 15, 2023, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by psychtobe
i got my 16 year old daughter an AU card so she could buy gas, and also for lounge access as she may fly alone this summer through ORD. but she wouldn't be able to use AS at departure here in PDX because she's an AU? And more it seems because she's not 18 she can't use the AC in ORD?
My recollection is that AC access is denied until you are 18 if traveling alone and FL access denied until you are 21 if traveling alone.

The latter was confirmed by my 20 year old son.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
My recollection is that AC access is denied until you are 18 if traveling alone and FL access denied until you are 21 if traveling alone.

The latter was confirmed by my 20 year old son.
FL is Flagship lounge?
Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by psychtobe
FL is Flagship lounge?
Yep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.