Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ZenFlyer
As summarized in this Citi/AA press release, the benefits associated with this card changed on July 23, 2023. The new terms and conditions (T&Cs) can be found here.

10k Loyalty Point Bonuses
Reports on this thread to date suggest this benefit is being implemented in the following manner:
  • You are entitled to a 10k bonus if you surpass the 50k and/or 90k LP threshold by any means -- i.e. this is not limited to LPs earned by spend on your credit card. (For the current status year, it is still possible to earn a 10k bonus based on credit card spend -- see T&Cs for details.)
  • You must meet, or have met, these thresholds sometime during the current status year. It does not matter if you were a cardholder at the time you crossed the threshold.
  • Citi has not published any official information about when such 10k bonuses will post to your AA account
  • Experience to date suggests that once cardholders have crossed the 50k or 90k LP threshold, posting of the bonus is triggered by either (a) the closing of your current statement, or (b) a flight or other LP-earning activity (e.g. shopping portal).
  • In the case of (b) above, some bonuses are not posting correctly, and others have posted as being earned, but the points have not been added to people's balances.
  • UPDATE: Many 10k bonuses posted beginning 7/31/23 without flight or other activity, and multiple users have reported corrections to their LP balances.
Print Wikipost

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2023, 2:51 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by psychtobe
... but she wouldn't be able to use AS at departure here in PDX because she's an AU? And more it seems because she's not 18 she can't use the AC in ORD?
Correct.

Admirals Club® membership and credit card Authorized User access
Only Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® primary credit cardmembers who are eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive full membership access privileges to Admirals Club® lounges. An authorized user of the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® who is eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive access privileges to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Full Admirals Club® membership privileges do not apply to a credit card authorized user. An Admirals Club® membership includes access to other airline lounges and clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges... Additionally, the credit card authorized user access benefit does not provide: (i) access privileges to other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges; or (ii) special pricing on conference rooms or other special offers.
Old May 13, 2023, 9:50 pm

Can an AU have the card on a phone's digital wallet for club access or must it still be a physical card?

Thanks.
Old May 13, 2023, 10:03 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MoonOverMiami
Can an AU have the card on a phone's digital wallet for club access or must it still be a physical card?
They must have the physical card, as it is swiped before admission is granted.
Old May 28, 2023, 12:52 am

Is there a place to view your progress towards the spend for the bonus LPs? I know there used to be a meter, but I can't find it anymore...
Old May 28, 2023, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nall
Is there a place to view your progress towards the spend for the bonus LPs? I know there used to be a meter, but I can't find it anymore...
the Citi app has a “spend summary” function, it defaults to the current month but you can change that to year to date.
Old May 29, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Well, you actually need to toggle the summary so that the statement that posts in March is the first statement for purposes of the spend summary. Seems like Citi doesn't want to make that determination particularly easy. Barclays has a nice progress bar for their AA card. Citi chooses not to. Weird that the card marketed to be more upscale doesn't have the functionality of the "lesser" competitor.
Old May 29, 2023, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nall
No. However, as a workaround, search for Year To Date transactions, add a custom filter of 3/1/2023 to today, export to XLS, and sum the transaction values (minus any credits for returns, etc.) in Excel. It takes only a few seconds once you get used to it.
Old May 29, 2023, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by cyberkarl
Well, you actually need to toggle the summary so that the statement that posts in March is the first statement for purposes of the spend summary. Seems like Citi doesn't want to make that determination particularly easy. Barclays has a nice progress bar for their AA card. Citi chooses not to. Weird that the card marketed to be more upscale doesn't have the functionality of the "lesser" competitor.
That’s correct if you are looking for spend toward LP qualification, which is based on Mar-Feb spend. But the question was about the bonus LPs which I assume was referring to the 10k LPs that you get after hitting $40k spend for the year, and I believe that $40K starts counting at the beginning of the calendar year.
Old May 30, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hbtr
That’s correct if you are looking for spend toward LP qualification, which is based on Mar-Feb spend. But the question was about the bonus LPs which I assume was referring to the 10k LPs that you get after hitting $40k spend for the year, and I believe that $40K starts counting at the beginning of the calendar year.
Are we sure that's still true? YTD based on calendar year, I hit the $40K target in early April and have had a statement issued since then -- no bonus LPs yet. However, YTD since 3/1, I have not hit the $40K target.
Old May 30, 2023, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Are we sure that's still true? YTD based on calendar year, I hit the $40K target in early April and have had a statement issued since then -- no bonus LPs yet. However, YTD since 3/1, I have not hit the $40K target.
I received the 10k additinal loyalty points on the 1st statement after 40k in spend since March 1 not January 1.
Old May 30, 2023, 7:45 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
The promo materials clearly state "Earn 10,000 additional loyalty points after you spend $40,000 in purchases during the qualifying status year"

See: https://creditcards.aa.com/citi-exec...rlines-direct/ and click over to mileage benefits

And if you'd rather see it in the terms and conditions, that is here: https://creditcards.aa.com/exec_standard/ where it clearly lays out the March 1 to Feb 28th timeframe for 2023 going forward.

-------------
I find the bonus to be a joke. It is such a token amount, relatively meaningless in the grand scheme of AA E shoppping and rocketmiles etc. Since March 1, I have earned about 30,000 LPs on about 5K in spend thus far on Eshopping and simply miles, buying what I'd buy anyways (pet food, clothes, wine, shoes; and, all of which I buy online anyways since I live in a retail vacuum).
Old May 30, 2023, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by MarkOK
The promo materials clearly state "Earn 10,000 additional loyalty points after you spend $40,000 in purchases during the qualifying status year"

See: https://creditcards.aa.com/citi-exec...rlines-direct/ and click over to mileage benefits

And if you'd rather see it in the terms and conditions, that is here: https://creditcards.aa.com/exec_standard/ where it clearly lays out the March 1 to Feb 28th timeframe for 2023 going forward.

-------------
I find the bonus to be a joke. It is such a token amount, relatively meaningless in the grand scheme of AA E shoppping and rocketmiles etc. Since March 1, I have earned about 30,000 LPs on about 5K in spend thus far on Eshopping and simply miles, buying what I'd buy anyways (pet food, clothes, wine, shoes; and, all of which I buy online anyways since I live in a retail vacuum).
thanks for the clarification, and apologies for posting some misinformation. Last year the qualification year started in January so I didn’t realize that they realigned the bonus qualification with the status qualification period.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Anyone else notice this when going into their authorized user portal?

The annual fee for Authorized Users is $175 for up to 3 Authorized Users, then $175 for each additional Authorized User after that.

Never seen that before.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 10:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Anyone else notice this when going into their authorized user portal?

The annual fee for Authorized Users is $175 for up to 3 Authorized Users, then $175 for each additional Authorized User after that.

Never seen that before.
I also see that. Interesting (and disappointing). But I don’t remember seeing them send out a new cardmember agreement so I would think they’d be hard pressed to actually charge me the fee.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
They seem to be copying the AMEX Platinum card authorized users fee structure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.