Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Introduction

Welcome to the 2019 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. However, if the flight is taken on a 777 in Business, please clearly indicate if you're in 2- or 3-class Business. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
In the mood to enjoy a throwback? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past! For the 2019 Domestic Meals thread, click here.
Thanks to MrAndy1369 for starting this and the domestic meal threads for 2019 and defining guidelines.
Print Wikipost

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen

I have the exact same menu on my LAX-LHR flight in mid June. I opted for the beef and my wife opted for the risotto, so I will try to report back after our flight if I remember.

I was in PE from LAX to HKG on Saturday and there was a slight difference in the food between PE and Y in that specific dishes on the cart were designated as PE meals (the dishes themselves were slightly larger and ceramic), but I have no idea if the food was any different.
back from the UK flights. No pictures I’m afraid, but my wife and I both agreed that the beef was the winner here (well, not the loser would be an apt description) The risotto was strange in that the rice was one side of the dish and the squash was on the other side of the plate. Usually, you would expect a risotto to be all cooked together. That said, my wife said that the butternut squash itself was nice, but the rice was lacking. As for the beef, it was rather tender and moist. The pasta wasn’t too bad, except for the pieces that were out of the sauce as those were baked to a crisp.

We were lucky to have our miles + copay upgrades go through on the return, so came back in J and the food was truly awful. I went with the roast lamb and it resembled a brown tasteless sponge. My wife had the miso glazed chicken and ate even less of her meal than I did of the lamb. We raided the J snacks when the FA set up the area a few hours after lunch was served.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:13 pm

AA 110
ORD-FCO
Premium Economy
788 Dreamliner

We had really good service on this flight. FAs were friendly and circulating for most of the flight. We were allowed to go to the forward galley for snacks. They had chips, cookies, popcorn, etc. The FA even mentioned to take extra toward the end of the flight because it gets offloaded and not saved. So we had snacks for the apartment we rented in Rome

Menu

The Slow Roasted "Beef" was more of a meatloaf style made from a ground beef and seasoning combo. I wouldn't call it slow roasted. The food was edible but nothing to be excited about. The potatoes were actually cooked perfectly and the little sauce under it all had a nice flavor. The salad was pathetic and the dressing was supposed to be balsamic but it tasted more like a spicy mustard which is NOT to my liking. The dessert was definitely good. I can't comment on the roll, I saved it in my bag for "later" and found it the next day. It would have been a good weapon to use against a pickpocket while in Rome, lol

Fruit and yogurt plate. Fruit was fresh and good. I don't eat yogurt so it went untouched. The cinnamon roll was hard, chewy, and not good.

Last edited by SunkissedMommy; Jun 24, 2019 at 7:26 am
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:21 pm

AA111
FCO-ORD
Premium Economy
788 Dreamliner

The service on this flight was phenomenal. The FAs were actively checking on people, problem solving, and making everyone comfortable. they also personally introduced themselves to each person in the PE cabin by shaking their hands and thanking them. PE was told, on this flight, that we were not allowed to use the forward galley and we had to use the rear one. I could see from my seat that they had a nice set up of wraps, sandwiches, chips, cookies, and more. The FAs even decorated with holiday LED lights a cute little signs. The back galley only had orange juice and pretzels

Menu

The Grilled Chicken was actually pretty good. The sauce wasn't overpowering. Chicken was tender and not chewy. Salad was also tasteful and I got the correct dressing this time. The Dessert was also very good.

Mid-flight they handed out Chocolate Orange ice cream. At first we said no thanks but the FA said we should really give it a try as this was a rare flavor. It was usually just regular chocolate. So we took it and the FA was right, it was really good!

At first this Orzo Pasta Salad looked like a disaster of a meal. I wasn't quite sure about all those ingredients combined, but it was very good and I enjoyed it. It was served cold and quite filling.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by Carfield
May 2019
American Airlines Flagship First Class
AA 951 New York JFK to Sao Paulo
AA 995 Miami to Sao Paulo

Menu
Today’s menu selections are inspired by executive chef, award-winning cookbook author, television personality, and active philanthropist, Chef Maneet Chauhan.

Small Plates
Lobster Salad Deviled Eggs
Iberico ham, shaved manchego cheese
Or
Sundried Tomato Tartar
Farro salad, white balsamic vinaigrette, microgreens

Soup
Tomato and Lentil
Grilled cheese crouton

Salad
Boston Bibb Salad
Microgreens
Your choice of sweet potato and pepper vinaigrette or balsamic vinaigrette

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

Main Plates
Filet Mignon
Café de Paris butter, papas bravas, haricots verts
Or
Grilled Halibut
Cauliflower mash, snow peas, buerre blanc, grilled lemon
Or
Herb-Roasted Chicken Breast
Pecorino flan, broccolini, roasted tomato and caper sauce
Or
Heart of Palm and Roasted Corn Cake
Saffron couscous, edamame, tomato and caper jam

Dessert
Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, butterscotch, seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream, pecans

Gourmet Cheese Board
Smoked Gouda, aged white cheddar, jalapeño pepper jack, medjool dates, strawberries, grapes

Warm Louisiana Praline Bread Pudding
Vanilla ice cream

Passion Fruit Mousse Cake
Flaky butter crust

Ready to relax? Ask for our premium turn-down service
Breakfast
Offered prior to arrival

Selections
Quiche Lorraine
Chicken sausage with sundried tomato and mozzarella, paprika potatoes

Fresh Fruit Bowl
Granola, Greek Yogurt

Warm breakfast breads and your choice of beverage

3Cls, First, JFK/MIA-GIG/GRU, Dinner – Breakfast
73PM213 05/19 140F012-1

Wine List
Bubbles
Cattier Clos de Moulin Premier Cru Champagne, France

Whites
Trefethen Family Vineyards Estate Chardonnay Oak Knoll District, Napa Valley, California
Venica & Venica Talis Pinot Bianco Collio, Italy
Abbazia di Novacella Kerner Alto Adige Valle Isarco, Italy

Reds
Jayson by Pahlmeyer Red Wine Napa Valley, California
Heirloom Vineyards Alcala Grenache McLaren Vale, Australia
Luigi Bosca Gala 2 Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Merlot, Mendoza, Argentina

Dessert Wine
De Bortoli DB Reserve Botrytis Semillon Riverina, Australia

Port
Portal Vintage Port, Portugal
FC Brazil Wine List
64OW8OO 05/19

I have this menu on an upcoming LAX-LHR in F. Curious to know what you ordered for the mains and how you rated it.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:56 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
LAX-SYD in J, July:
  • Beef Short Rib, smoked mashed potato, spinach, dill pickles, bbq sauce
  • Roast Chicken, potato gratin, asparagus, mushroom cream sauce
  • Pan Seared Sea Bass white bean ragu, broccolini, grilled lemon
  • Mediterranean Plate falafel, eggplant baba ganoush, feta orzo, artichoke
HKG-LAX in F, July:
  • Peking Surf and Turf, wok-seared beef filet, prawns, water chestnuts, spinach noodles, sweet Peking sauce
  • Seed-crusted Filet of Cod, kale and sun-dried tomato basmati rice, asparagus, Genovese sauce
  • Pan-fried Rice Rolls matsutake mushrooms, sweet and spicy sauce
  • Forbidden Rice Breaded Chicken mapo tofu, seared rice cakes, choy sum
Thinking about ordering a special meal on HKG-LAX, none of those options sound very appealing.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by dll
LAX-SYD in J, July:
  • Beef Short Rib, smoked mashed potato, spinach, dill pickles, bbq sauce
  • Roast Chicken, potato gratin, asparagus, mushroom cream sauce
  • Pan Seared Sea Bass white bean ragu, broccolini, grilled lemon
  • Mediterranean Plate falafel, eggplant baba ganoush, feta orzo, artichoke
HKG-LAX in F, July:
  • Peking Surf and Turf, wok-seared beef filet, prawns, water chestnuts, spinach noodles, sweet Peking sauce
  • Seed-crusted Filet of Cod, kale and sun-dried tomato basmati rice, asparagus, Genovese sauce
  • Pan-fried Rice Rolls matsutake mushrooms, sweet and spicy sauce
  • Forbidden Rice Breaded Chicken mapo tofu, seared rice cakes, choy sum
Thinking about ordering a special meal on HKG-LAX, none of those options sound very appealing.
I encountered the beef short rib back in May on LAX to SYD (or maybe the other way around). It was with a red wine sauce and not a bbq sauce. The beef itself was quite good and tender but I didn't love the sauce. I think a bbq sauce would have been much better.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
My upcoming menus for J next month:

DFW-CDG
  • Panko Crusted Prawns - roasted rainbow carrots, zucchini noodles, ginger hibiscus
  • Pommery Mustard and Honey Baked Chicken - wild mushroom and pea risotto, giardiniera
  • Four Cheese Spinach Ravioli - creamy parmesan sauce, blistered cherry tomatoes, portabello marinara, basil oil
  • Horseradish Beef Short Rib - twice-baked potato, haricots verts, thyme and red wine reduction
LHR-LAX
  • Braised Beef Braised Beef - horseradish sauce, sweet potato mash, brown butter, creamed Savoy cabbage
  • Broccoli-Stuffed Chicken - tomato marinara sauce, roasted Schupfnudeln, cherry tomatoes on the vine
  • Honey and Soy Marinated Salmon - teriyaki sauce, edamame, grits, broccoli
  • Potato Korma Curry - dal makhani, basmati rice, sautéed spinach, paratha bread
All of them sound good, but I know that’s only a small part of the story.

What I’ve seen is that people have had good experiences with shrimp/prawns ex-DFW (and it sounds like the lightest option), so I’m leaning toward that. I’m also thinking the Potato Korma ex-LHR sounds like a safe choice (my backup would have been an AVML anyways). If I was convinced the Braised Beef was going to be executed well, I would go with that though.

Last edited by Aero137; Jun 26, 2019 at 8:24 pm
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Any tips here?
AA LHR-DFW in J.

Mediterranean Lamb
Miso-glazed Chicken
Butterfish with Pumpernickel
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL GM, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH DIA
The fish was pretty good. I had it yesterday AMS-DFW
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
First time flying AA in business. What would you order on HKG-LAX and LAX-MIA? Thanks!

HKG-LAX

LAX-MIA
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by aragno
Any tips here?
AA LHR-DFW in J.

Mediterranean Lamb
Miso-glazed Chicken
Butterfish with Pumpernickel
avoid the lamb, or the chicken. This was our menu last week on our LHR-LAX flight. I had the lamb and my wife had the chicken. The lamb was baaaaaaad and the chicken was “foul”. My wife managed 1 mouthful before giving up. I toughed it out for 3 mouthfuls before giving up. We ended up raiding the snack kitchen a few hours later.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen

avoid the lamb...

I had some lamb last year on this route that was surprisingly good. I guess it's hit or miss, as usual with AA.

Side note, I had a few flights ex-LHR in the past 12 months where I ordered the beef, and IT was very lamb-y in smell. Always thought it was strange, but it happened a few times.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 3MMiler
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire

I have this menu on an upcoming LAX-LHR in F. Curious to know what you ordered for the mains and how you rated it.
I'd be interested as well. I've got the same LAX-LHR F flight as you.

Last edited by Harveynics; Jun 29, 2019 at 12:49 am
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Aero137
LHR-LAX
  • Braised Beef Braised Beef - horseradish sauce, sweet potato mash, brown butter, creamed Savoy cabbage
  • Broccoli-Stuffed Chicken - tomato marinara sauce, roasted Schupfnudeln, cherry tomatoes on the vine
  • Honey and Soy Marinated Salmon - teriyaki sauce, edamame, grits, broccoli
  • Potato Korma Curry - dal makhani, basmati rice, sautéed spinach, paratha bread
All of them sound good, but I know that’s only a small part of the story.

What I’ve seen is that people have had good experiences with shrimp/prawns ex-DFW (and it sounds like the lightest option), so I’m leaning toward that. I’m also thinking the Potato Korma ex-LHR sounds like a safe choice (my backup would have been an AVML anyways). If I was convinced the Braised Beef was going to be executed well, I would go with that though.
I'm also flying LHR-LAX in business class in July. I'm a vegetarian and I'm not keen on Indian food so I just selected the standard VLML option. I checked with a FA friend who regularly works that route and he said that I would probably still get a curry since that's the usual vegetarian meal out of London.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:44 pm

AA 125 DFW-HKG June 2019 First Class

June 2019
American Airlines First Class
AA 125 Dallas Ft Worth to Hong Kong

Canapés
American White Sturgeon Caviar Tartlet
Traditional garnishes
Creamy Ginger and Melon Gazpacho

Soup
Hot and Sour Soup
Wonton crisps

Salad
Boston Bibb Lettuce Salad
Microgreens
Your choice of candied ginger vinaigrette or spicy sesame vinaigrette

Small Plates
Miso-Marinated Portobello
Honey Soy Glaze

Prosciutto with Shaved Melon
Manchego, arugula

Main Plates
Braised Pork belly
Maple lacquer glaze

Thai Green Curry
Chicken, steamed Jasmine rice, vegetables

Miso-Glazed Sea Bass
Crab fried rice, vegetable slaw

Cauliflower Steak
Truffle butter, farro risotto

Seasonal Sides
Main plates may be served with your choice of seasonal sides
Cheesy Grits, Crab Fried Rice
Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Choy Sum
Steamed rice

Cheese Board
Hand selected local cheeses served with accompaniments

Dessert
Traditional Ice Cream Sundae – Haagen Dazs
Vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, butterscotch, seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream, pecans

Warm Monkey Bread
Vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce

Caramel Sea Salt Tart
Flaky butter crust

Ready to relax? Ask for our premium turn-down service.

Mid-Flight Snacks
Help yourself to a variety of sweet and savory snacks located near our galley.

Steamed Chashu Pork Buns
Hoisin Sauce

Mezze Plate
Hummus, baba ghanoush, feta cheese, olives, pita

Brunch
Customize your breakfast with a choice of starters, breads and a main selection

Starters
Mixed Berry Smoothie

Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Greek Yogurt

Bakery
Croissant, Kouign-amann

Selections
Traditional American Breakfast
Scrambled eggs, Applewood smoked bacon, roasted potatoes, herbed tomato

Shrimp Congee
Sweet potatoes, chives

Continental Breakfast
Fresh seasonal fruit, Greek yogurt, Granola

3Cls, First, DFW-HKG, Lunch/Dinner-Snack-Light Meal
73PM24O 06/19 12OFO18-2

Flagship First
Wine List

Bubbles
Cattier Clos du Moulin Premier Cru Champagne, France

Whites
Trefethen Family Vineyards Estate Chardonnay Oak Knoll District, Napa Valley, California
Venica & Venica Tails Pinot Bianco Collio, Italy
Keever Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley, California

Reds
Jayson by Pahlmeyer Red Wine, Napa Valley, California
Heirloom Vineyards Alcala Grenache McLaren Vale, Australia
BriO de Cantenac-Brown Margaux, France

Dessert
De Bortoli DB Reserve Botrytis Semillon Riverina, Australia

Port
Portal Vintage Port, Portugal

FC US-HKG Wine List
660W803 06/19
jazzhou likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.