Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Introduction

Welcome to the 2019 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. However, if the flight is taken on a 777 in Business, please clearly indicate if you're in 2- or 3-class Business. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
In the mood to enjoy a throwback? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past! For the 2019 Domestic Meals thread, click here.
Thanks to MrAndy1369 for starting this and the domestic meal threads for 2019 and defining guidelines.
Print Wikipost

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Had similar menu that has been posted lately on recent JFK-LHR. Went with the Bourbon-Glazed Salmon that was well reviewed up-thread, and I thought it was also very good. Didn't care for the tomato tartar appetizer however.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by CMK10
AA 127 DFW-PVG 1045-1450 787-9

My SWU didn't clear which gave me a chance to experience Premium Economy for my first time

Overall it was okay food, certainly better than my last international flight in MCE, but like in MCE there wasn't enough of the food
Thank you for the post. I will have my first AA Premium Economy experience on AA 263 DFW-PEK in few weeks, I have flown Premium Economy in other carriers. Your post was good reference on what to expect during the flight. Food quantity should be good enough for me. My flight pre-order choice were listed as:

Beef Sir-fry or Rotini pasta

I requested an upgrade but as PltPro I am not expecting my upgrade request to clear. DFW-PEK is operated by 788 so only 20 Business Class seats, compare with 30 Business Class seat on 789. On this trip I purchased Premium Economy so wish passengers in Premium Economy has higher priority than passengers in Main Cabin when it comes to upgrade to Business Class. But that is not the case, least not yet...
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Flying AKL -> LAX and have the following options:
  • Roasted Portobello Mushroom
    cannellini bean casserole, Café de Paris butter
  • Chicken Saltimbocca
    Parmesan polenta, asparagus, salsa verde
  • Grilled Beef Filet
    duck fat roasted potatoes, sautéed spinach, miso hollandaise
  • Seared Snapper Fish
    Hasselback potato, broccolini, romesco sauce
Any Suggestions? None of these look super compelling to me and was thinking either the snapper or one of the vegetarian special meals that may have interesting catering. Though not sure what I would expect from AKL.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by deb86305

I had the salad, rotisserie chicken and American breakfast. All were very good.
Same menu DFW-LHR last week. I foolishly chose the beef - horribly overcooked and sitting in a soggy mess. Every time I dare to order beef on a flight I swear to never do it again...this time was no exception.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
AA 195 LHR-PHX - C Class - 777-200 - Nov 17th, 2019

Didn't photo the menu or grab the details. The shrimp appetizer was good, the Salmon was not overcooked and all in all an acceptable C class meal.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Has anyone tried the Indian vegetable korma? Here’s the menu for AA 731 A333, 7th Dec, LHR-CLT.

• LHR to CLT

• Grilled Beef Top Side Steak

Lunch meals

• Corn Fed Chicken Corn Fed Chicken creamy asparagus risotto, asparagus tips, grilled red bell pepper, pepper cream sauce
  • Salmon Filet Salmon Filet
    seven grain rice, sautéed spinach, semi dried tomato, truffled hollandaise sauce
  • Indian Vegetable Korma Indian Vegetable Korma selected for
    basmati rice
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by NeilP
Has anyone tried the Indian vegetable korma? Here’s the menu for AA 731 A333, 7th Dec, LHR-CLT.
I had the korma on my LHR-DFW flight last week. Overall it was passable but not outstanding. The korma itself was pretty tasty, though it seems like a relatively small portion for just having vegetables. The rice had the typical problem of being rather dried out from being reheated, and the small strips of naan were at the bottom of the dish and ended up rather soggy.

That said, it's far from the worst meal I've had on AA this year (AA and I have had a rocky time with in-flight meals in 2019) and I'd definitely choose this korma over the Asian vegetarian special meal I had last month.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
I've gotten rather used to finding a vegetarian option on the standard AA in-flight menus (one that's usually better than the special meals), and thus I was rather surprised to find those missing on my flights to and from LHR in C last week. My morning flight from ORD to LHR didn't have any vegetarian choices for the main entrée, and the return flight from LHR to DFW didn't have such a choice for the pre-arrival meal. Granted, the niçoise salad on the second flight had the tuna on the side so it could be eaten without, but what remained was pretty meager.

I appreciate that they may need to make such a change if there isn't enough demand, though it seems contrary to the trends toward more people eating at least some vegetarian and plant-based meals. It's also a bit personally disappointing as having those options available has been a reason for me to choose AA for my transatlantic flights for a number of years.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AA 68 MIA-MAD 1600-0630 777-200

PDB of champagne, water or OJ

Appetizer was good, wish AA would get some better salad dressings or ideally a choice of them

Steak was awful, overcooked and tasteless. Sides were good at least especially the potato

They were nice enough to allow me to try the pumpkin cheesecake (very good) and the cheese plate (pretty lame)

Overall a semi-decent meal, awful crew though.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:58 pm

CLT-MUC

Upcoming CLT-MUC flight with my SO and I. Recommendations? Anyone tried the new James Beard rotolo pasta?

Braised Short Rib: potato gratin, morel jus, roasted sweet potato, asparagus.

Seared Red Snapper: white wine risotto, lemon beurre blanc, glazed sugar snaps, pepper medley

BBQ Chicken Breast: hatch chile mac and cheese, BBQ, fried spinach

James Beard Foundation and Chef Sarah Grueneberg: spinach and ricotta rotolo pasta served with pomodoro sauce, basil pesto and pine nuts.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: aadvantage plt/2mm; Southwest A-pref'd; VA Gold; SPG PLT
Curious if anyone still picks special meals, they used to be really good. But I heard they switched out for a cheaper product in April of this year.

(I have this same menu for a flight from Dallas to London in business. My last several flights were Air France and I think I've been spoiled. Not looking forward to this.)
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:47 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by JustSomeFlyer
James Beard Foundation and Chef Sarah Grueneberg: spinach and ricotta rotolo pasta served with pomodoro sauce, basil pesto and pine nuts.
No personal experience, however here is a review from Simple flying:
An Inside Look At American Airlines’ Incredible New Food

Chef Sarah is an award-winning Top Chef alumnus with her own restaurant in Chicago. Called “Monteverde Restaurant & Pastificio”, this eatery is known for some outstanding Italian food created by James Beard Award winner, Sarah Grueneberg.

The Spinach and Ricotta Rotolo pasta with Pomodoro sauce, basil pesto, and pine nuts was elegantly plated. And, after one bite, I was hooked. Between this dish and the ravioli, I would say that the Rotolo offered a little more texture variation thanks to the pine nuts and also looked more appealing. Needless to say, I enjoyed this dish quite a bit.

orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2 MM, Marriott Titanium, Admirals Club, Hilton Silver, Priority Club Platinum
We have the same choices going to LHR from DFW. I had the red snapper on a flight to Madrid and wasn't that impressed. It seem to be kind of soggy. I usually try for the fish but i don't think I will choose it this time.

So I am looking for input on this menu too.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:02 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Fish on a plane 🤢
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
No personal experience, however here is a review from Simple flying:

take that “review” with a grain of salt, AA invites the writer so they knew that those dishes would be reviewed AND they had them prepared on the ground. Absolutely a 0% chance what you end up with in the air has any resemblance to what was reviewed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.