Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Introduction

Welcome to the 2019 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. However, if the flight is taken on a 777 in Business, please clearly indicate if you're in 2- or 3-class Business. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
In the mood to enjoy a throwback? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past! For the 2019 Domestic Meals thread, click here.
Thanks to MrAndy1369 for starting this and the domestic meal threads for 2019 and defining guidelines.
Print Wikipost

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Sorry I posted in the wrong thread!

Last edited by Brooke.E; Oct 11, 2019 at 8:20 am Reason: Sorry I posted in the wrong thread!
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Wow...

It's been a while since I've flown long-haul internationally on AA, but it appears as though minimal thought is put into the meals, and that there is poor execution in the air.

Bummer, as I have a MIA - VVI trip coming up on the 757 jet.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Spanish
Wow...

It's been a while since I've flown long-haul internationally on AA, but it appears as though minimal thought is put into the meals, and that there is poor execution in the air.

Bummer, as I have a MIA - VVI trip coming up on the 757 jet.
Going to Bolivia, be sure to graze or eat at the MIA D30 Flagship Lounge and consider skipping the meal on board.
Spanish likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Next week I'm on DFW HKG. I'm trying to eat at least a little healthy. Any info or recommendations on the options I'm considering:
  • Cauliflower steak, truffle butter, farro risotto (Is cauliflower on the side of steak, on top?)
  • Beef Wellington, chanterelle ragoût, asparagus, tri-color carrots
  • Low Fat/Low Cholesterol, High fiber, low fat meal (any ideas, could this be palatable?)
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
Next week I'm on DFW HKG. I'm trying to eat at least a little healthy. Any info or recommendations on the options I'm considering:
  • Cauliflower steak, truffle butter, farro risotto (Is cauliflower on the side of steak, on top?)
  • Beef Wellington, chanterelle ragoût, asparagus, tri-color carrots
  • Low Fat/Low Cholesterol, High fiber, low fat meal (any ideas, could this be palatable?)
healthy and tasty don’t go together on AA. Order from regular menu if you want a decent meal. But it won’t be healthy at all
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
Cauliflower steak, truffle butter, farro risotto (Is cauliflower on the side of steak, on top?)
This is just a big piece of cauliflower (no meat).
Old Oct 14, 2019, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by logicalrealist
This is just a big piece of cauliflower (no meat).
AA most save a boatload serving this -- about 20% of the cost of the same size filet mignon and about 50% of chicken breast -- They could also add Cauliflower Chicken dish and save more money.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
PHL-MAD
A332
PDB of bubbles, OJ, water

Starter was interesting and tasty.....didn't touch the salad

Beef was decent

Pretty standard fruit and cheese

Breakfast was actually very tasty

Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Options for a Flight DFW-LHR in a few weeks are:
  • Bourbon-Glazed SalmonBourbon-Glazed Salmon
    fig and roasted pepper orzo, sugar snap peas, cherry tomato
  • Santa Fe-Style EnchiladasSanta Fe-Style Enchiladas
    roasted squash, baby spinach, queso fresco, grilled corn
  • Peppercorn Seared Beef FiletPeppercorn Seared Beef Filet s
    pomme anna, truffle butter, port wine sauce, sautéed asparagus, shitake mushrooms
  • Rotisserie ChickenRotisserie Chicken
    roasted fingerling, red wine sauce, haricot vert
  • AVAILABLE BY PRE-ORDER ONLY - Charcuterie PlateAVAILABLE BY PRE-ORDER ONLY - Charcuterie Plate
    Prosciutto, Italian Dry Salami, Capocollo, gourmet cheeses, nuts, fresh and dried fruit
What are the Hindu and Vegetarain Meals usually?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 11:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by holocker
Options for a Flight DFW-LHR in a few weeks are:
  • Bourbon-Glazed SalmonBourbon-Glazed Salmon
    fig and roasted pepper orzo, sugar snap peas, cherry tomato
  • Santa Fe-Style EnchiladasSanta Fe-Style Enchiladas
    roasted squash, baby spinach, queso fresco, grilled corn
  • Peppercorn Seared Beef FiletPeppercorn Seared Beef Filet s
    pomme anna, truffle butter, port wine sauce, sautéed asparagus, shitake mushrooms
  • Rotisserie ChickenRotisserie Chicken
    roasted fingerling, red wine sauce, haricot vert
  • AVAILABLE BY PRE-ORDER ONLY - Charcuterie PlateAVAILABLE BY PRE-ORDER ONLY - Charcuterie Plate
    Prosciutto, Italian Dry Salami, Capocollo, gourmet cheeses, nuts, fresh and dried fruit
What are the Hindu and Vegetarain Meals usually?
Same exact menu I already posted
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by DallasTX_Traveller
I have the same menu for my FCO-DFW next month. None of it looks particularly good. Let me know what you chose!

I chose the Corn Fed Chicken and it was very good! They nailed the cauli mash. Probably the best I've ever had! See pics below. The pre-arrival snack was a pulled pork flatbread that was pretty good too.

Old Oct 21, 2019, 1:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AA 127 DFW-PVG 1045-1450 787-9

My SWU didn't clear which gave me a chance to experience Premium Economy for my first time

Nice to see they take the furnishing of alcohol seriously. There was also another drink service along with the entree

Chicken Bulgogi was pretty decent as was the appetizer and the dessert was great.

Midflight meal wasn't bad either

Noodles and chicken before landing was okay. Annoyingly we were only offered water or juice with no ice

Overall it was okay food, certainly better than my last international flight in MCE, but like in MCE there wasn't enough of the food
Old Oct 21, 2019, 1:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AA 182 PVG-LAX 1825-1500 787-9

This time my SWU cleared

Ugh what kind of a scotch pour is that?

The appetizer was decent but the salad was bizarre. I wish AA would stick to simpler things that are easier to execute

Duck and noodles were actually very good, large portion of well cooked duck

Pretty poor excuse for a cheese plate and they didn't cater port

Amazingly the before landing meal was the best one, really really good chicken dish
Old Oct 22, 2019, 6:08 pm

PHX-LHR Business class- November 2019

Has anyone every had the rotisserie chicken? Right now I'm leaning towards beef.

• Bourbon-Glazed Salmon- fig and roasted pepper orzo, sugar snap peas, cherry tomato
  • Santa Fe-Style Enchiladas- roasted squash, baby spinach, queso fresco, grilled corn
  • Peppercorn Seared Beef Filet- pomme anna, truffle butter, port wine sauce, sautéed asparagus, shitake mushrooms
  • Rotisserie Chicken roasted fingerling, red wine sauce, haricot vert
Old Oct 22, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
Originally Posted by deb86305
Has anyone every had the rotisserie chicken? Right now I'm leaning towards beef
  • Bourbon-Glazed Salmon- fig and roasted pepper orzo, sugar snap peas, cherry tomato
i know I've said it before on here, but this is one of my favorite AA international dishes...
robertablake and deb86305 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.