Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2014 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:57 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

MODERATOR'S NOTE

Please post your menus, photos, questions, and answers regarding meals on 2014 AA International Flights here. Remember that you can also use the Search this Thread feature to search within this thread for previous posts on your route or flight.

Also, images are welcome, but please remember to adhere to the Rules:

8. Posting of Images
You may embed non-animated images in your posts. Your images must conform to all FlyerTalk content rules, must convey relevant, on-topic information and are not allowed in signature lines or user profiles other than in the space designated in your profile for your picture. (See also, Rule 2 — User Profiles.) Please size your images large enough to get your point across but not so that they distort FlyerTalk standard column widths.
For 2014 Domestic Flights, see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

For threads from previous years, see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Last edited by JDiver; May 23, 2014 at 10:46 am Reason: add image Rule
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: W/P1.9MM & Charter+ DL Diamond 2.15MM, AA EXP 1.95MM, AS MVP .6MM, O/P .9MM, A/C & S/C
International Business Meals

Have R/T to Korea this month.
Has anyone tried the following meals in Business if so, does anyone have any pics of Salmon Noodle Bowl, Korean Braised Pork Belly, Halibut w/ tapanade, or Beef Fillet w/Foyot Sauce?

Thanks

Last edited by poppabear; Jan 7, 2014 at 2:47 pm Reason: add content
Old Jan 10, 2014, 2:28 pm

Flew AA 908 on January 4th from EZE-MIA. Flight was delayed for 3 hours so doing the menu from memory.

Starter - Cured salmon carpaccio with dill - Was quite tasty - basically a few slices of lox.

Salad - Normal green salad with some cubes of cheese - olive oil and vinegar dressing. Nothing special.

Entrees - Two we had was pasta stuffed with brie and filet mignon with herb sauce. Both were quite bad. Meet was extremely overcooked and tough. Pasta was overcooked and tasteless.

Dessert - Cheese or sundae

For some reason our meal service both down to EZE from MIA and back was quite awful. All of the food was overcooked and bland. Plates were quite sloppily prepared. This is definitely not one of AA's better flights for food.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
American Airlines 50
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) – London Heathrow (LHR)
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER
Business Class

Dinner

STARTER

Seared Asian Tuna
With daikon slaw and wasabi crčme

SALAD
Seasonal greens with fresh vegetables hearts of palm and sweet and spicy pecans
With you choice of poppy seed dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

ENTREES

Grilled Fillet of Beef
Served with Foyot sauce, roasted root vegetables and garlic sautéed broccolini

Chicken Tikka Masala
Offered with lemon rice and dahi elaichi rajma (red kidney beans simmered in green cardamom yogurt)

Seared Tilapia Fillet
Accompanied by lemon herb sauce artichoke barigoule and saffron risotto

Four Cheese Ravioli
Complemented by tomato cream sauce

DINE UPON REQUEST
You may choose one of the featured entrees to be served with an appetizer and dessert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with you choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Salad and appetizer were good.

I pre-ordered the beef, which was confirmed prior to pushback. While not particularly well presented, it wasn't too overdone and was tasty enough.

For dessert, I ordered a fruit and cheese plate...minus the the cheese. The FA gave me some extra grapes to compensate for the lack of sheese. ^

Other than taking a fruit cup, I didn't really make use of the bar. Though quite a few people did. It was quite nicely presented.

Breakfast

Offered prior to arrival

Entrees

American Breakfast
Vegetable and cheese omelet enhanced by fire roasted pepper sauce, turkey sausage, and pesto potatoes

Continental Breakfast
Steel cut oatmeal with dried fruit and brown sugar

Much better than the old cereal option. ^ A choice of bagels or croissants were offered with the meal. I chose a croissant, and it was nice warm and flaky

Overall service was pretty good. Despite reports of being ignored in the minicabin, I did not have any issues this flight.

Last edited by dat4life; Jan 20, 2014 at 2:31 am
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I also had the oatmeal on a recent JFK-MXP flight and it was a major step up from the cold cereal. While it's hard to see in your photo, there is a little cup of brown sugar (in the shadow of the coffee cup) that was a delightful condiment. I had the tilapia (pre-selected and eventually confirmed by an FA who did not figure it out at first) that was quite decent as well.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by dat4life
ENTREES

Grilled Fillet of Beef
Served with Foyot sauce, roasted root vegetables and garlic sautéed broccolini
Amazing how the same beef dish looks so different when catered out of ORD instead of DFW. This from my 1800 ORD-LHR last night:

Tom in Madrid
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:26 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tom911
Amazing how the same beef dish looks so different when catered out of ORD instead of DFW. This from my 1800 ORD-LHR last night:

Tom in Madrid
Difference between First (plated) and Business (pre-plated).
Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
So the J inflight bar does have self serve wine? I see wine bottles slotted next to the OJ. I thought there were reports a while back that the bar wouldn't have self serve alcohol?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HNL
Difference between First (plated) and Business (pre-plated).
The beef itself looks completely different.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:53 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antarius
The beef itself looks completely different.
In the First class version has the sauce on top of the steak, while in business class it's on the side.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by HNL
In the First class version has the sauce on top of the steak, while in business class it's on the side.
The photo in post 4 is business class, not first (77W).

I believe Toms photo is 772 business.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:31 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by TonySCV
I believe Toms photo is 772 business.
It is-- that's as far as I can get with a systemwide upgrade from coach.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
I had exactly the same meal as Dat4life from DFW-LHR but in first rather than business and it did look completely different.

I have to say the starter actually looks better in business although the steak looked better presented in first
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Both are business, for sure, the 77W service is supposed to include plating of the meal, tho' I can't recall if this has been consistent. I like how they cut your broccoli up for you and mash your sweet potatoes up a bit from Chicago, save you some time during your meal since the flight's 800 miles shorter from Chicago I guess
Old Jan 26, 2014, 2:45 am

AA 50 DFW-LHR J

Seared Balsamic Chicken
Savory chicken breast with a balsamic white chocolate sauce, offered with tomatoes, grilled asparagus and pumpkin cranberry rissolé

<redacted oversized image>

Last edited by JDiver; May 23, 2014 at 10:43 am Reason: Rules http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#images

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.