Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Introduction

Welcome to the 2019 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. However, if the flight is taken on a 777 in Business, please clearly indicate if you're in 2- or 3-class Business. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
In the mood to enjoy a throwback? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past! For the 2019 Domestic Meals thread, click here.
Thanks to MrAndy1369 for starting this and the domestic meal threads for 2019 and defining guidelines.
Print Wikipost

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by deb86305
First time flying in Biz class in November. I don't request a special meal for my "low carb" diet. I just eat what I want and leave things like potatoes/rice/bread on my plate. Do they have salads/cheese from their "snack" galley available? Just wondering if i should supplement with snacks. Flight will be 10.5 hours.
Thank you!
What route are you flying? In general, they will usually have a fruit and cheese plate as a dessert option, so you can ask for one of those. They'll also usually have extras that they leave out. In any case, you can ask for an extra one if you're still hungry. They also sometimes stock whole fruit (bananas, apples, oranges).

Depending on where you're flying from, I'd recommend eating in the lounge, assuming it's an overnight flight. That way you can be pretty full and the limited things you'll want from the menu you can treat as snacks. Have fun!
deb86305 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by DMPHL
What route are you flying? In general, they will usually have a fruit and cheese plate as a dessert option, so you can ask for one of those. They'll also usually have extras that they leave out. In any case, you can ask for an extra one if you're still hungry. They also sometimes stock whole fruit (bananas, apples, oranges).

Depending on where you're flying from, I'd recommend eating in the lounge, assuming it's an overnight flight. That way you can be pretty full and the limited things you'll want from the menu you can treat as snacks. Have fun!
PHX-LHR
I stay away from fruits (high carb), but eat high fats/salads/cheese/proteins. 4pm departure
Thank you

Last edited by deb86305; Sep 20, 2019 at 10:33 am Reason: Add more
Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by deb86305
PHX-LHR
I stay away from fruits (high carb), but eat high fats/salads/cheese/proteins. 4pm departure
Thank you
Well you're in luck...the Admirals Clubs (no Flagship Lounge at PHX) has cheese cubes GALORE.
deb86305 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gateH15

Chicken dish on BCN - ORD AA 41 few weeks ago. I couldn’t find screenshot with exact description but I would not recommend this. Appetizer salad was also meh but it was served with every dish.
That's one heck of a pile of wasabi. I hope you used it in moderation.
deb86305 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
That's one heck of a pile of wasabi. I hope you used it in moderation.
Haha it not wasabi. But I forgot what it was. It didn’t taste good at all. I was disappointed that i ordered it.
deb86305 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by gateH15
Haha it not wasabi. But I forgot what it was. It didn’t taste good at all. I was disappointed that i ordered it.
If it’s not wasabi (I thought it was too) one wonders what mush it could be.

Mushy peas?

Scoop of mint ice cream?
deb86305 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian

Mushy peas?

Scoop of mint ice cream?
It is probably something you would expect to get for lunch in public school not in long haul business class.
enviroian and deb86305 like this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian

Mushy peas?

Scoop of mint ice cream?
jcatman and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 4:20 pm

AA 38 MIA - LHR 6/17/2019
777-300 N752AN
Business

B&O headphones, amenity kit & H2O at seat.

PDB choice of bubbles, water or OJ.

Orders taken before pushback with use of name and thanks for being EXP! ^

First drink service - nuts, RW and a coke.

Appetizer was tasty and fresh along with the salad.

Had the chicken main which was cooked well, juicy and accompaniments were good as well.

And of course an ice cream sundae with some butterscotch for dessert!

Skipped breakfast to get some more rest. Was supposed to be on AA 90 out of ORD that cancelled. By the time I got on this flight I was wiped.

All in all, a win for AA today.

deb86305 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:03 pm

Is the menu the same in 1st and business on international flights on 77W?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by jrb CO
Is the menu the same in 1st and business on international flights on 77W?
No.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by econometrics
No.
Thanks, that's what I thought. My preorder meals have not changed even though I was upgraded from business to 1st.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:09 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AA 732 CLT-LHR 2005-1105 A-330-300

PDB of sparking water, OJ or sparkling water

Excellent LUS crew who realize that every drink order means a double

Glad to see they did a separate cocktail and dessert service but also a one tray late dinner tray. The appetizer although sitting in a pool of something gross looking was good as was this salmon which was cooked really well too.

Always a good choice

I was also happy to see both a hot and a cold breakfast. Overall I was impressed.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by jrb CO
Thanks, that's what I thought. My preorder meals have not changed even though I was upgraded from business to 1st.
For 77W F cabin rotations, courses are plated separately and a soup course is added (you wouldn't see this in the online ordering area) but there can be some overlap.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by TheSkyGuy
AA 38 MIA - LHR 6/17/2019
777-300 N752AN
Business

At least it looks like they took the hair off your shaved beef!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.