Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Introduction

Welcome to the 2019 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. However, if the flight is taken on a 777 in Business, please clearly indicate if you're in 2- or 3-class Business. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
In the mood to enjoy a throwback? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past! For the 2019 Domestic Meals thread, click here.
Thanks to MrAndy1369 for starting this and the domestic meal threads for 2019 and defining guidelines.
Print Wikipost

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by thelark
Same options DFW-CDG...I'm going with the salmon, wife picked the chicken. We'll see who wins
Hoping you both win!
thelark and Spanish like this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA DL WN
I keep them in 3 hole punched plastic 'slick sheets' and they are in big 3 hole binders. My retirement project (3 years from now), is to digitize them and properly sort them by carrier. For fun, I may even set up a website to display them . Cheers !
CMK10 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have the following meal choices for my DFW-FCO flight next month. I had the salmon in July and it wasn't bad. The beef and chicken actually don't sound too bad.. any advice? Thanks!

Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: Lost all my status and am slogging to earn them back :( UA, AA, SPG, Marriott, Hilton, HTZ
Have these choices for MIA-CDG tomorrow. Would love any advice, thank you!
  • Smoked BrisketSmoked Brisket
    gemelli mac 'n cheese, roasted corn, tomato jalapeno jam
  • Seared Salmon FiletSeared Salmon Filet
    rosti potato, béarnaise sauce, asparagus, roasted cherry tomato
  • Mojo de Ajo Chicken BreastMojo de Ajo Chicken Breast
    garlic sauce, brown rice paello, fried plantains
  • Zucca TortellaciZucca Tortellaci
    sage cream, butternut squash, garlic kale
Old Sep 14, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
LHR-JFK in Biz:
  • Prawn Machbous
    machbous sauce, yellow basmati rice, sweet and sour eggplant, naan bread
  • Tiangoli Pasta
    portwine sauce, oyster mushrooms, sautéed spinach
  • Roasted Corn Fed Chicken
    rosemary sauce, cauliflower mash, sautéed broccoli with garlic, roasted pumpkin
  • Grilled Beef Top Side Steak
    creamy mushroom sauce, roasted fingerling potatoes, sautéed green beans, tomatoes on the vine
I tried searching but this menu has not been posted yet - any recs?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 7:49 pm

I will be leaving in 2 weeks to Japan on AA premium economy. Has anyone tried any of these selections?

Lunch meals

• Classic Cheese Ravioli Classic Cheese Ravioli
seasoned tomatoes and artichokes, shaved Parmesan, pomodoro sauce

• Beef Stir-fry Beef Stir-fry
    vegetables, steamed rice

Old Sep 14, 2019, 7:53 pm

These are the options for my flight on AA premium economy from NRT to DFW. Has anyone tried these before?

• Tsuyu-marinated Chicken Tsuyu-marinated Chicken

butter soy sauce, aona rice, pumpkin and simmered aona greens, carrot flower

• Asparagus Risotto Asparagus Risotto
    Asparagus Risotto

Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
DFW-CUN
Business Class
Dinner
Boeing 737-800

Having seen mixed reviews for the choices offered on this flight, I pre-ordered the vegetarian chili as reviews of the other option, the grilled chicken, were mixed. Service was done from the cart (sigh). It was offered with cheese on the side as a garnish in a plastic container -- classy Bread choices were sourdough or white or wheat. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PRETZEL ROLLS? Salad was meh as per usual with the omni-present olive-oil and vinegar dressing.

Warm cookies offered after the meal with a choice of snickerdoodle or chocolate chip. The chocolate chip cookie tasted and felt like it was baked on board. SO SOFT!

Mints offered prior to landing!

That's a tasty dish every time, hard to cook improperly. I always carry some extra hot sauce for occasions just like this, the chili just needs a little extra heat.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by jaro
LHR-JFK in Biz:
  • Prawn Machbous
    machbous sauce, yellow basmati rice, sweet and sour eggplant, naan bread
  • Tiangoli Pasta
    portwine sauce, oyster mushrooms, sautéed spinach
  • Roasted Corn Fed Chicken
    rosemary sauce, cauliflower mash, sautéed broccoli with garlic, roasted pumpkin
  • Grilled Beef Top Side Steak
    creamy mushroom sauce, roasted fingerling potatoes, sautéed green beans, tomatoes on the vine
I tried searching but this menu has not been posted yet - any recs?
I have the same menu for my FCO-DFW next month. None of it looks particularly good. Let me know what you chose!

Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by DallasTX_Traveller
I have the same menu for my FCO-DFW next month. None of it looks particularly good. Let me know what you chose!

I had the roasted chicken last month dfw-lhr. It was delicious.
DallasTX_Traveller likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why is this thread so heavily skewed toward people asking what meal they should choose, while there's so few posts with reviews and pictures of what people actually had? You should have to give to get!
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Why is this thread so heavily skewed toward people asking what meal they should choose, while there's so few posts with reviews and pictures of what people actually had? You should have to give to get!
That's fair! I will make sure to take pictures of what I end up having next month and will post with reviews.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Could not find link to RESERVE MEAL

Will be flying DFW-KEF in Y (MCE).

Just received an email from AA reminding me of meal reservation. Email has a big blue button that says "RESERVE NOW". Click on it and fill in the necessary info. So far so good. Now I am on the AA itinerary page. Spent some careful time to look for anything related to reserve meal, in vain!

For the risk of being OT (sorry Mod), can someone point me in the right direction, before I call the EXP desk. Thank you!
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by DallasTX_Traveller
That's fair! I will make sure to take pictures of what I end up having next month and will post with reviews.

Chicken dish on BCN - ORD AA 41 few weeks ago. I couldn’t find screenshot with exact description but I would not recommend this. Appetizer salad was also meh but it was served with every dish.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:35 am

Business class snacks

First time flying in Biz class in November. I don't request a special meal for my "low carb" diet. I just eat what I want and leave things like potatoes/rice/bread on my plate. Do they have salads/cheese from their "snack" galley available? Just wondering if i should supplement with snacks. Flight will be 10.5 hours.
Thank you!

Last edited by deb86305; Sep 20, 2019 at 9:37 am Reason: add info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.