Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:57 pm

Datapoint: Nov 25, an F6 HKGJFK in August release 1 F award. Proof that awards occasionally pop up between the conventional booking windows.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Datapoint: Nov 25, an F6 HKGJFK in August release 1 F award. Proof that awards occasionally pop up between the conventional booking windows.
There are lots of 1F on the HKG-LAX flights in August. I am not sure those are not booked since initial releases or new releases - though I suspect they are the original releases because the date we took 1F on 2 separate flights, there is not any more F released on those 2 flights. Still, if one does not mind to fly on separate flights, there are quite a number of flights in August still have 1F.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 25, 2016 at 6:04 pm
Old Nov 25, 2016, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anabolism
If you want to see your ticket to verify it, you can go to TripCase (create a free account if you don't already have one), click "Create New Trip", give it a name, click "Link a Booking" and enter the AA PNR and your name, and click "Link." Then click "Documents" and then the most recent e-ticket that is shown. In the "Fare Basis" column, you will see the AA award code. If it starts with "Z" it is a first class ticket.
Does TripCase work for AS issued tickets?

I can add the PNR to TripCase but it does not pull up documents like an AA issued ticket.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by Happy
Does TripCase work for AS issued tickets?

I can add the PNR to TripCase but it does not pull up documents like an AA issued ticket.
Probably better asked in the AS forum
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by Happy
There are lots of 1F on the HKG-LAX flights in August. I am not sure those are not booked since initial releases or new releases - though I suspect they are the original releases because the date we took 1F on 2 separate flights, there is not any more F released on those 2 flights. Still, if one does not mind to fly on separate flights, there are quite a number of flights in August still have 1F.
In my case, it was a new release (I'm monitoring several days in August). But I'm still surprised there'd be anything out there under any circumstance, this far past the initial booking window. Just when you think you have it figured out...
Old Nov 26, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
In my case, it was a new release (I'm monitoring several days in August). But I'm still surprised there'd be anything out there under any circumstance, this far past the initial booking window. Just when you think you have it figured out...
Just last year my wife and I booked two J tix HKG-ORD approx 6 months in advance. Found them completely randomly but CX awards in advance do exist, if not incredibly rarely.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by no1cub17
Just last year my wife and I booked two J tix HKG-ORD approx 6 months in advance. Found them completely randomly but CX awards in advance do exist, if not incredibly rarely.
Some of the seats that come open "in advance" (between the ones released when the flight is first opened and the last couple weeks) may be seats that had been booked and now are returned to inventory because the original awardee changed his/her flight schedule.

It pays to check back periodically, or set an alarm.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Counsellor
Some of the seats that come open "in advance" (between the ones released when the flight is first opened and the last couple weeks) may be seats that had been booked and now are returned to inventory because the original awardee changed his/her flight schedule.

It pays to check back periodically, or set an alarm.
I think that's accurate, and this was another case where awardnexus came through. In this instance, however, the flight never went below F6. I run expertflyer in parallel to monitor selling inventory. AN + EF = the warrior's rapier
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:16 am

I can see 7 J award seats are available on CX 897 (LAX-HKG, departing LAX @ 8:25 am) on 12/24.
This is the highest number of non-last-minute J award seats I've ever seen on CX.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: delta dm
Hong Kong to Beijing on Cathay Pacific with AA miles

I am thinking about booking HKG to PEK on CX using AA miles. Is this possible? Should I call AA advantage with flight info and can they search and book for me? Thanks.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by dzflyer
I am thinking about booking HKG to PEK on CX using AA miles. Is this possible? Should I call AA advantage with flight info and can they search and book for me? Thanks.
Yes, yes.

Last edited by jay_dubya; Nov 28, 2016 at 3:56 am
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:21 pm

Look on another one world search engine from LAX to HKG and then call AA. Then work on your AA flights from where you live
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: OWS, *G
I have had really good luck using the search engine on ba.com. It is able to search CX availability.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Look at these threads. Award availability is not guaranteed.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ssistance.html
oneworld and other airline Awards Rules, Information 2015 on
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ilability.html

Edit.
Thread was merged as I was typing
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: delta dm
Thanks everyone. I will search BA.com to start.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.