Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 12:30 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by AQ172
I called and they said there is no biz availability either JL or CX flying LAX-BKK via HKG or NRT from now to next week. I am currently on AA LAX-NRT and JL NRT-BKK for 12/31 (tomorrow). I would much prefer to cancel and wait for something on JL or CX metal (maybe more availability opens up on Sunday night). I'm guessing this is too risky at this point? I alternatively can just get my miles redeposited and see if I can get to SIN via Singapore Airlines on waitlist?

Even when i asked SFO - HND, they said while they have that availability, no way to get Tokyo to Bangkok which is required within 24 hours.
Well, as of right now, there are several J seats on the JL LAX-NRT flight for 12/31. The issue might be that your connection to BKK doesn't meet the MCT, since the JL flight gets in a little later than the AA flight. You could overnight in NRT.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:09 am

Just canceled a F seat on CX807 on 1/25 (arriving into Asia the night before CNY's eve).
Inventory pops back up on JAL site now for that flight. Whoever needs it, grab it!
Old Dec 31, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
Is this true even if it's from an all JL ticket to all KA/CX ticket? I spoke to CS person, they contacted the pricing desk and I also spoke to a supervisor and they all said I couldn't keep same pricing .
Yes, that should still be the case assuming you're simply switching from an all OW itinerary to another all OW itinerary. It's been about six week since I last made a similar change (also involving a JL to CX swap), and it did take a few HUCA attempts, but it ultimately was reticketed at the original mileage rates. If there's a new internal rule/memo being circulated prohibiting this specific kind of carrier change, as stephem suggests, then this is the first time I'm hearing about it.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 31, 2016, 8:30 pm

Still trying to get my way to BKK from LAX over the next few days. I just got off the phone with an AA rep and she says she can find me JL biz LAX-NRT, but both JL J flights from NRT to BKK are not available (the one shortly there after and the next day at 12pm). Any other suggestions that you guys may have? Is there a way to get from HND-BKK and still preserve my same award plan?

Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Still trying to get my way to BKK from LAX over the next few days. I just got off the phone with an AA rep and she says she can find me JL biz LAX-NRT, but both JL J flights from NRT to BKK are not available (the one shortly there after and the next day at 12pm). Any other suggestions that you guys may have? Is there a way to get from HND-BKK and still preserve my same award plan?

Thanks!
From Tokyo, Jan 2nd has availability, and then Jan 7th.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist

Thanks!
Not sure if it will be allowed, but you could try HND-(JL)-CAN-(UL)-BKK on 1/3. Maybe also NRT-(JL)-HAN on 1/2 and HAN-(QR)-BKK on 1/3, but the overnight in HAN will require a visa, which will likely be hard to get at this late juncture.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 1, 2017 at 12:43 pm Reason: Add moderator note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.