Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
ARCHIVE: New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge Coming to DFW Terminal D
Flagship Dining fully opened 3 Nov 2015 - hrs. 08:30 -
premium lounge still tba

The current thread is: DFW Flagship Dining (open Oct 2015)
This thread is the archived file for discussion, including speculation, about the possible addition of a new Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge at Dallas-Ft. Worth International. Terminal D, including the interim Flagship Dining.

NOTE: The previously designated smoking room in the Terminal D Admirals Club has been closed and refurbished as the interim Flagship Dining facility, 3 Nov 2015 specifically for dining (soft opening was 27 Oct). Wine, Champagne and beer are served; for other beverages, the Admirals Club bar will be used (chits are issued). (The Admirals Club itself will continue to serve as the lounge until the new premium lounge opens.)

From aa.com:

Flagship® Dining coming soon to DFW

Commencing November 3, select international passengers can enjoy exclusive access to Flagship® Dining, our premium dining experience inside our Terminal D Admirals Club® location at DFW.

Invited guests include passengers on eligible international itineraries (traveling to/from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City*) who are either:
  • Traveling in First Class on American Airlines or oneworld® marketed and operated flights, or
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or oneworld® Emerald members traveling in any cabin**
NOTES: Admission rules are standard Flagship Lounge rules (see above). Boarding passes will be stamped at the entrance desk to demonstrate admission qualification and/or invitation cards issued.

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City (and South Pacific, e.g. AKL, SYD) only.

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access.
See Gary Leff's take on the "FLD", the old DFW Flagship Lounge, etc. here.

For discussion about the lack of a Flagship Lounge at DFW, see Why is there no Flagship Lounge / FL at DFW? (consolidated)

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The A Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge. These were closed after 11 September 2001; when the decision to make terminal D the c new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers.

At DFW-A, the old Flagship Lounge still exists and is used for an occasional function or NR passenger; the old Arrivals Lounge is still there, and though no longer in service it's showers -arguably the most spacious and luxurious in the AA system - and small gym remain for knowing passenger's or member's use. Look for these facilities on your immediate left (FL) and right (AL) as you exit the elevators on the second (Club) floor.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by SFO777
OneWorld rules don't apply here since CX has a "special arrangement" with AA for their F pax to use FFD at JFK.

I've been granted access to FFD after arriving in CX First from YVR. Granted I was flying JFK-YUL on a separate ticket, but I specifically recall not mentioning that to the AC/FL AAngel. I just said I arrived in Cathay First and wanted to freshen up before going into the city. Having said that, I would recommend buying JFK-YYZ on AA not DL. I'd rather stay in T8 and leaving the FL 30 minutes before departure instead of at least 75 minutes before departure to exit T8, take the train to T2 or T4 and re-clear security again.
Yep, understand CX's arrangement to use FFD at JFK for F pax. However the underlying assumption here is that you are already a lounge-eligible pax via the standard rules. FFD isn't a CX arrivals lounge, so without a qualifying onward flight I wouldn't expect to gain entry. Of course it's always possible to get lucky and have a check-in agent that doesn't verify your onward flight, but without this they are well within the rules to deny you entrance to the Flagship Lounge all together (including FFD).

The last time I passed through in a similar situation (where my arriving flight was the qualifying one) they definitely asked to see my onward boarding pass before letting me in. YMMV.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yep, understand CX's arrangement to use FFD at JFK for F pax. However the underlying assumption here is that you are already a lounge-eligible pax via the standard rules. FFD isn't a CX arrivals lounge, so without a qualifying onward flight I wouldn't expect to gain entry. Of course it's always possible to get lucky and have a check-in agent that doesn't verify your onward flight, but without this they are well within the rules to deny you entrance to the Flagship Lounge all together (including FFD).

The last time I passed through in a similar situation (where my arriving flight was the qualifying one) they definitely asked to see my onward boarding pass before letting me in. YMMV.
Well, if you're arriving on an Int'l flight and not arriving from Ireland or Canada, and you've made it as far as the check-in desk to the Flagship Lounge, then by default you have an onward boarding pass on a OW carrier (probably AA).
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by DMPHL
Well, if you're arriving on an Int'l flight and not arriving from Ireland or Canada, and you've made it as far as the check-in desk to the Flagship Lounge, then by default you have an onward boarding pass on a OW carrier (probably AA).
Eh, there's no rule expressly prohibiting you from getting into T8 with a non-T8 boarding pass (and from a practical standpoint, and same-day boarding pass will "work" on TSA's scanners). For an ordinary lounge, probably not worth the hassle, but if it were me and I had the time to kill between flights, I'd certainly give it a shot in order to have the flagship dining and freshen up with a post-15-hour-flight shower before heading to YYZ. Plus, you're already in T8 when you come off the CX flight, so not a lot of lost time if it doesn't work out.

Some reports of interterminal wandering here, for instance (including one report of a rejection): Lounge Access in a different Terminal at JFK
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Eh, there's no rule expressly prohibiting you from getting into T8 with a non-T8 boarding pass (and from a practical standpoint, and same-day boarding pass will "work" on TSA's scanners)l
While that is correct, I had a VERY challenging time getting through T8 security with a T7 (BA) boarding pass. The lady checking my boarding pass before getting into the security line refused to let me in with a BA boarding pass. Both AA agents I spoke to at T8 check-in said I'm not allowed. I eventually got through by entering flagship check-in, but it took some serious (unnecessary) convincing. It's sort of sad that the airport employees (AA and TSA) don't know the policies. I should not have been questioned given I have a same-day boarding pass with OWE Emerald status and therefore, should have been granted T8 access without the runaround about how I'm not allowed.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Just wanted to confirm AA transcon F sold as BA is still working at JFK (today for us at least, flying JFK-LAX in F).
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:05 am

Flying on a late flight from MIA to DFW, then DFW to HKG in F the following morning. Will I have access to Flagship Dining at MIA? It's on a single ticket if that helps!
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Gino Troian
Flying on a late flight from MIA to DFW, then DFW to HKG in F the following morning. Will I have access to Flagship Dining at MIA? It's on a single ticket if that helps!
By rule, unless you are OWEmerald or Sapphire (not through AA), you will not have lounge access in MIA without an AC membership. INTL flight needs to depart the same day or before 6am the next day. You can try for FL access, but, by rule, they should say no.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:30 am

I booked aa first class jfk-lax with Etihad miles, do I have access to flagship dining at jfk? I have read any type of tickets can access, but it seems like aa added a language that says no access for “industry. On revenue ticket”.... so I am asking about clarification whether I can access flagship dining at jfk.... if not then I won’t go to jfk earlier than I usually do.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I booked aa first class jfk-lax with Etihad miles, do I have access to flagship dining at jfk? I have read any type of tickets can access, but it seems like aa added a language that says no access for “industry. On revenue ticket”.... so I am asking about clarification whether I can access flagship dining at jfk.... if not then I won’t go to jfk earlier than I usually do.
Yes, you can.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by DMPHL
Yes, you can.
I was able to try out Flagship Dining yesterday on an award ticket.

I was wondering what exactly would count as "Airline Industry non-revenue ticket"??? i think ticket booked with miles are non-revenue ticket....
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
I was able to try out Flagship Dining yesterday on an award ticket.

I was wondering what exactly would count as "Airline Industry non-revenue ticket"??? i think ticket booked with miles are non-revenue ticket....
Non-rev refers to employee discount tickets and such. Award tickets are revenue tickets in this context.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:15 pm

For most intents and purposes (notice I didn't say "all intents and purposes"), an award ticket is treated as a regular revenue ticket. Award travel is "purchased", just with an alternative airline-issued currency. "Industry non-revenue" refers to airline employees flying on a pass.

Since this change in lounge access was implemented last fall, I have flown several international legs on award tickets, and always been admitted to Flagship dining.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Global321
By rule, unless you are OWEmerald or Sapphire (not through AA), you will not have lounge access in MIA without an AC membership. INTL flight needs to depart the same day or before 6am the next day. You can try for FL access, but, by rule, they should say no.
You're 100% right but was granted a FFD card upon arrival into the lounge for some reason... can't complain! In other news, FFD will start serving Krug champagne this weekend! Cheers
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
You're 100% right but was granted a FFD card upon arrival into the lounge for some reason... can't complain! In other news, FFD will start serving Krug champagne this weekend! Cheers
They gave you the FFD card because no one is using the facility in MIA.

Customers for FFD in MIA are MIA (missing in action). LOL.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman
They gave you the FFD card because no one is using the facility in MIA.

Customers for FFD in MIA are MIA (missing in action). LOL.
LOL you're spot on. I was the only patron from 8-10PM. Wild. IDK why the hell they put in a FFD lounge at MIA when there are only 2-4 flights with F per day (GRU, EZE, LHR) (if you don't include the two BA flights).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.