Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
ARCHIVE: New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge Coming to DFW Terminal D
Flagship Dining fully opened 3 Nov 2015 - hrs. 08:30 -
premium lounge still tba

The current thread is: DFW Flagship Dining (open Oct 2015)
This thread is the archived file for discussion, including speculation, about the possible addition of a new Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge at Dallas-Ft. Worth International. Terminal D, including the interim Flagship Dining.

NOTE: The previously designated smoking room in the Terminal D Admirals Club has been closed and refurbished as the interim Flagship Dining facility, 3 Nov 2015 specifically for dining (soft opening was 27 Oct). Wine, Champagne and beer are served; for other beverages, the Admirals Club bar will be used (chits are issued). (The Admirals Club itself will continue to serve as the lounge until the new premium lounge opens.)

From aa.com:

Flagship® Dining coming soon to DFW

Commencing November 3, select international passengers can enjoy exclusive access to Flagship® Dining, our premium dining experience inside our Terminal D Admirals Club® location at DFW.

Invited guests include passengers on eligible international itineraries (traveling to/from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City*) who are either:
  • Traveling in First Class on American Airlines or oneworld® marketed and operated flights, or
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or oneworld® Emerald members traveling in any cabin**
NOTES: Admission rules are standard Flagship Lounge rules (see above). Boarding passes will be stamped at the entrance desk to demonstrate admission qualification and/or invitation cards issued.

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City (and South Pacific, e.g. AKL, SYD) only.

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access.
See Gary Leff's take on the "FLD", the old DFW Flagship Lounge, etc. here.

For discussion about the lack of a Flagship Lounge at DFW, see Why is there no Flagship Lounge / FL at DFW? (consolidated)

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The A Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge. These were closed after 11 September 2001; when the decision to make terminal D the c new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers.

At DFW-A, the old Flagship Lounge still exists and is used for an occasional function or NR passenger; the old Arrivals Lounge is still there, and though no longer in service it's showers -arguably the most spacious and luxurious in the AA system - and small gym remain for knowing passenger's or member's use. Look for these facilities on your immediate left (FL) and right (AL) as you exit the elevators on the second (Club) floor.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:09 pm

Did the rules just change for Cathay First class passenger access to Flagship First dining (on arrival) at JFK?

I have a friend that just came off CX First today and was told no to accessing FFD. (CX First, HKG-JFK) Agent said he should have gotten a card from CX. (Seems like an uninformed agent, but, she was steadfast in the no, according to my friend.)

I have always gotten access on arrival after CX flight in First.

I could not find anything on AA site to reference it.

Thoughts? Link?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Global321
Did the rules just change for Cathay First class passenger access to Flagship First dining (on arrival) at JFK?

I have a friend that just came off CX First today and was told no to accessing FFD. (CX First, HKG-JFK) Agent said he should have gotten a card from CX. (Seems like an uninformed agent, but, she was steadfast in the no, according to my friend.)

I have always gotten access on arrival after CX flight in First.

I could not find anything on AA site to reference it.

Thoughts? Link?
Nothing has changed AFAIK, just another poorly trained agent.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Nothing has changed AFAIK, just another poorly trained agent.
Any aa links to confirm?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Any aa links to confirm?
There have never been any AA links regarding FD access for CX F pax at JFK. The only links are from the CX side, which has never differentiated between departing and arriving pax.

Given the current state of AA, no reason at all to think this is anything more than a rogue agent over-enforcing the "rule" whereby you need the CX lounge invite to access FD (which has never been the case on arrival).

From the CX website:

Access to Flagship First Dining is only available to First Class passengers
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ip-lounge.html
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
There have never been any AA links regarding FD access for CX F pax at JFK. The only links are from the CX side, which has never differentiated between departing and arriving pax.

Given the current state of AA, no reason at all to think this is anything more than a rogue agent over-enforcing the "rule" whereby you need the CX lounge invite to access FD (which has never been the case on arrival).

From the CX website:

And why would AA care? CX most likely pays a pretty penny for the access for their F pax (well they pay something for sure). As you said, a confused agent, probably thinking they are "protecting" AA $'s, was just misinformed.

Last edited by teemuflyer; Jun 20, 2019 at 6:05 am
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:10 pm

From the CX website:

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
And why would AA care? CX most likely pays a pretty penny for the access for their F pax (well they something for sure). As you said, a confused agent, probably thinking they are "protecting" AA $'s, was just misinformed.

Quick update on this - My friend went back one more time with this information. Dragon lounge held her ground that it is only on departure, but did agree to call a supervisor who said, 'we can let you into FFD this one time as an exception'. So just a heads up that others may experience some resistance on using FFD on arrival after a CX First flight.

As for me, I have never received any paper from CX regarding FFD. I will ask in HKG next time heading to JFK.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Quick update on this - My friend went back one more time with this information. Dragon lounge held her ground that it is only on departure, but did agree to call a supervisor who said, 'we can let you into FFD this one time as an exception'. So just a heads up that others may experience some resistance on using FFD on arrival after a CX First flight.
I believe only AA F passengers are allowed access when arriving and connecting to another flight. CX F passengers only get access when departing JFK.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
I believe only AA F passengers are allowed access when arriving and connecting to another flight. CX F passengers only get access when departing JFK.
Historically, not true, at least for landing CX First and connecting. Just too many examples to cite.

For me, landing CX F and connecting AA, I have not even had to ask on arrival for FFD, the card was always offered.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:37 pm

The LAX-HND flight leaves at 10:45am. Has anyone ordered off of the afternoon menu before 11am?

Also, has the Krug hung around on the menu?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:27 am

Was In LAX FFD recently for a 12 :30 LAX-JFK.. Lunch can be ordered around 11:15 for an 11:30 AM service time. Yes there still was KRUG at LAX
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by RTW4
Was In LAX FFD recently for a 12 :30 LAX-JFK.. Lunch can be ordered around 11:15 for an 11:30 AM service time. Yes there still was KRUG at LAX
will eat at home and drop in for a quick drink. Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: BA executive club
AA First paid ticket. One world emerald. Was rerouted by AA through LAX for LAX-LHR flight (BA metal, AA codeshare) instead of original DFW-LHR flight (AA metal) due to multiple AA schedule changes of my domestic AA itinerary. My original transcontinental flight would have given me access to FFD in DFW. At LAX I was refused access to FFD (and even to the Flagship lounge) by a very rude Asian lounge agent because I was flying BA First (which I did not realize when AA rerouted me). The fact that I was AA ticketed and involuntarily rerouted by AA from AA first to BA first was no reason for the lounge agent to grant me access to FFD. Later, another and this time very polite LAX lounge agent granted me access to the Flagship lounge as a oneworld emerald. IMHO this policy is not fair : as an AA customer you have to cope with the inconvenience and extra cost of the many schedule changes and cancellations and on top you loose an important perk (FFD) when AA themselves reroute you on a AA codeshare flight. They just lost a customer. No more paid intercontinental AA First tickets for me!
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Trippelone
AA First paid ticket. One world emerald. Was rerouted by AA through LAX for LAX-LHR flight (BA metal, AA codeshare) instead of original DFW-LHR flight (AA metal) due to multiple AA schedule changes of my domestic AA itinerary. My original transcontinental flight would have given me access to FFD in DFW. At LAX I was refused access to FFD (and even to the Flagship lounge) by a very rude Asian lounge agent because I was flying BA First (which I did not realize when AA rerouted me). The fact that I was AA ticketed and involuntarily rerouted by AA from AA first to BA first was no reason for the lounge agent to grant me access to FFD. Later, another and this time very polite LAX lounge agent granted me access to the Flagship lounge as a oneworld emerald. IMHO this policy is not fair : as an AA customer you have to cope with the inconvenience and extra cost of the many schedule changes and cancellations and on top you loose an important perk (FFD) when AA themselves reroute you on a AA codeshare flight. They just lost a customer. No more paid intercontinental AA First tickets for me!
Sorry this happened, but I don't know that the actions of a single, not so friendly, agent should cause such a long term reaction. Did you ask to speak to the manager, and explain your situation in more detail?

But don't get me wrong, I sympathize with you on this. AA should have better processes or flexibility to handle cases like yours with a more customer friendly outcome.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Trippelone
I am a little unclear...

The first agent denied you access to FFD or to the FL? (You later say a second agent granted you access to the FL.) I think you are saying you were denied both by the first agent. I would have demanded to speak to a supervisor.

You also said "My original transcontinental flight would have given me access to FFD in DFW" - You were originally DFW-LAX-JFK-LHR in First the whole way on AA? What stopped you from FFD at DFW? The reroute to the BA non-stop?

While I would have been annoyed by being denied entry to the FL at LAX - but not too upset as it would have been sorted out very quickly - I would happily trade LAX-JFK-LHR in AA first for LAX-LHR in BA first.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: BA executive club
I am a little unclear...

The first agent denied you access to FFD or to the FL? (You later say a second agent granted you access to the FL.) I think you are saying you were denied both by the first agent. I would have demanded to speak to a supervisor.

You also said "My original transcontinental flight would have given me access to FFD in DFW" - You were originally DFW-LAX-JFK-LHR in First the whole way on AA? What stopped you from FFD at DFW? The reroute to the BA non-stop?

While I would have been annoyed by being denied entry to the FL at LAX - but not too upset as it would have been sorted out very quickly - I would happily trade LAX-JFK-LHR in AA first for LAX-LHR in BA first.
JFK has nothing to do with this. My original routing was PHX-DFW-LHR and my rerouted routing was PHX-LAX-LHR. My problem is no access granted to FFD at LAX. Access to FL was quickly sorted out by second lounge agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.