Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA Flagship First Dining includes JFK, DFW, LAX, and MIA. The LAX facility is currently closed

This thread is for discussion of the new Flagship First Dining spaces within Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge complexes

Link to Flagship First Dining Terms and Conditions page on aa.com

Access
A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship® First Dining, located within certain select Flagship® Lounges.

Qualifying transcontinental flights
Three-class non-stop flights between: New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
LAX and Miami (MIA) If operating with three classes sold
LAX and BOS if operating with three classes sold

Guest access
Flagship® First – International: 1 guest (children over 2 count as a guest)
Flagship® First – Transcontinental: No guests

Editor's note: There is no access stated or implied on arrival from qualifying flights, but in cases of AA qualifying Flagship First it is granted. There is no access stated or implied based on oneworld or AAdvantage status, including Concierge Key, though the latter may access with a pass. These access rules are quite different from the new Flagship® Lounge; Flagship First Dining is not a oneworld lounge and is exempt from oneworld lounge access rules, much like the LHR Concorde Room.

Concierge Key and Executive Platinum / oneworld Emeralds not flying in three class Flagship First as defined above do not have Flagship First Dining.
(Concierge Key may use passes.)

Locations
Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminal D Concourse level between gates D21 and D22; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 12:00 to 20:30

New York (JFK) – Terminal 8 On the mezzanine level after the Concourse B security checkpoint; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 04:30 to 00:15

Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4 Concourse level across from gate 40.
Currently closed

Miami (MIA) – Concourse D Near gate D30.
Open daily 13:00 to 22:30

Link to current thread on announced changes including new Flagship Lounges for MCO, MIA; new Flagship Lounges for MIA, PHL; Flagship Dining for DFW, JFK, LAX, MIA; renovation of FL, AC.

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The "A" Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge within; these were closed after 11 September 2001. When the decision to make terminal D the new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges in "D". That has been rectified with the opening of DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers in "D".
Print Wikipost

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2023, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, Flying Blue Gold, MH Enrich Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I was booked on AA LHR-MIA-GIG with segment to MIA in First and then onward to GIG in Business as they don’t have First on those aircraft. I assume I would therefore have gotten access to the Flagship First Dining on this itinerary.
AA changed aircraft for the LHR-MIA flight and it does not have F anymore. They rebooked me on the BA operated flight (AA marketed) in First, still connecting to AA in Business to GIG. Will I still get access to the Flagship First Dining on this new itinerary?
Old Aug 30, 2023, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by FlyingYan
I was booked on AA LHR-MIA-GIG with segment to MIA in First and then onward to GIG in Business as they don’t have First on those aircraft. I assume I would therefore have gotten access to the Flagship First Dining on this itinerary.
AA changed aircraft for the LHR-MIA flight and it does not have F anymore. They rebooked me on the BA operated flight (AA marketed) in First, still connecting to AA in Business to GIG. Will I still get access to the Flagship First Dining on this new itinerary?
Yes, BA F also gets access to FFD at MIA.
Antarius likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG PLT
DFW Mushroom Stew on 7 September

No-one posted a picture of it so far, so here it is:

The mushrooms themselves are a bit salty alone, but it makes perfect seasoning for the bed of grits if mixed in well.
MorganB and TWA884 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
First Visit to MIA

Had a snafu as initially the dining host refused to let me in with my MIA-SCL Business Plus BP but then the front desk helped me out. Apparently the downstairs entry agent was supposed to give me a FFD pass in addition to the FL pass.

I was the only person in there from 730-9 pm. Service polite but check-ups were rare. Enjoyed the meal. Got the meatball app and the fish main. Preferred this bread to the cornbread.

Old Oct 15, 2023, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
My full review of the AA Flagship lounge at MIA, including Flagship First Dining is available in my trip report here: Florida in First Class: BA A380 and AA Flagship First Dining

In summary, the menu was creative, and easily of high-end restaurant quality in its ambition. The quality of each dish’s ingredients, flavours and presentation was excellent, and service was highly attentive – even polished, in a way you wouldn’t normally associate with AA. This is leagues above BA’s Concorde Room, the joint AA and BA Chelsea lounge at JFK, and AA’s own International First Class lounge at LHR.

​​​​​​

Last edited by Genius1; Oct 16, 2023 at 12:42 pm
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:28 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Access?

So here's a nitpicky access question:

I'm traveling LAX-BOS (32B F) red-eye connecting to BOS-JFK (E75 F). Obviously LAX FFD is 'temporarily' closed--which is annoying--but whatever.

The sticky says that access for same-day / arrival Flagship First flights are granted as a matter of practice; do you suppose that I will get access to FFD upon arrival at JFK? I don't have to be anywhere in NYC until 2pm, and I land at 10am at JFK, so it'd be sort of nice . . .
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:56 am

Programs: QF Bronze, UA GM
Originally Posted by Ari

I'm traveling LAX-BOS (32B F) red-eye connecting to BOS-JFK (E75 F). ...

The sticky says that access for same-day / arrival Flagship First flights are granted as a matter of practice; do you suppose that I will get access to FFD upon arrival at JFK?...
No - you need to be flying on a widebody with first class (i.e. a 77W) or an A321T unless you're CK.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/clubs/joint-premium-lounges.jsp

EDIT - just did a dummy booking and it looks like the second sector on the E75 is also described as Flagship First so you should be good to go.

Last edited by MELso; Oct 17, 2023 at 3:16 am
Old Oct 17, 2023, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Ari

I'm traveling LAX-BOS (32B F) red-eye connecting to BOS-JFK (E75 F). Obviously LAX FFD is 'temporarily' closed--which is annoying--but whatever.

The sticky says that access for same-day / arrival Flagship First flights are granted as a matter of practice; do you suppose that I will get access to FFD upon arrival at JFK? I don't have to be anywhere in NYC until 2pm, and I land at 10am at JFK, so it'd be sort of nice . . .
Yes, flying LAX-BOS-JFK with LAX-BOS in F you get access to the Chelsea Lounge at JFK. FFD is no more at JFK. I flew that exact itinerary last year.

Originally Posted by MELso
EDIT - just did a dummy booking and it looks like the second sector on the E75 is also described as Flagship First so you should be good to go.
Whether or not that segment is described as "Flagship First" is irrelevant, a same day 3-class transcon in F gets you access to Chelsea.
Global321 and Antarius like this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 8:16 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yes, flying LAX-BOS-JFK with LAX-BOS in F you get access to the Chelsea Lounge at JFK. FFD is no more at JFK. I flew that exact itinerary last year.

Whether or not that segment is described as "Flagship First" is irrelevant, a same day 3-class transcon in F gets you access to Chelsea.
Doh! Forgot about the new setup. Thanks! Will go there.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 8:34 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MELso
No - you need to be flying on a widebody with first class (i.e. a 77W) or an A321T unless you're CK.
Not to go terribly off topic (sorry), but perhaps my post should/could have been clearer. "32B" is the AA GDS aircraft code for the Airbus 321T.

I don't really know the lingo usually used around here, so I just used what showed up in expertflyer.

Old Nov 4, 2023, 2:19 am
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Does anyone have an up to date menu for FFD at DFW?
Old Nov 4, 2023, 8:07 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by GLA
Can provide a picture later today.
GLA likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by GLA
Menu from 11/4.

PremiumSeat and GLA like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 1:48 pm

DFW FFD Dessert Menu

Old Nov 4, 2023, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Flying out of DFW in JL F. Would I have access to AA FFD?

Seems like I should based on the wiki, but also reading anecdotal posts that people flying JL F were being turned away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.