Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 27, 22, 5:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
AA Flagship First Dining includes JFK, DFW, LAX, and MIA. The LAX facility is currently closed

This thread is for discussion of the new Flagship First Dining spaces within Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge complexes

Link to Flagship First Dining Terms and Conditions page on aa.com

Access
A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship First Dining, located within certain select Flagship Lounges.

Qualifying transcontinental flights
Three-class non-stop flights between: New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
LAX and Miami (MIA) If operating with three classes sold
LAX and BOS if operating with three classes sold

Guest access
Flagship First International: 1 guest (children over 2 count as a guest)

Flagship First Transcontinental: No guests

Editor's note: There is no access stated or implied on arrival from qualifying flights, but in cases of AA qualifying Flagship First it is granted. There is no access stated or implied based on oneworld or AAdvantage status, including Concierge Key, though the latter may access with a pass. These access rules are quite different from the new Flagship Lounge; Flagship First Dining is not a oneworld lounge and is exempt from oneworld lounge access rules, much like the LHR Concorde Room.

Concierge Key and Executive Platinum / oneworld Emeralds not flying in three class Flagship First as defined above do not have Flagship First Dining.
(Concierge Key may use passes.)

Locations

Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) Terminal D Concourse level between gates D21 and D22; inside the Flagship Lounge.
Open daily 12:00 to 20:30

New York (JFK) Terminal 8 On the mezzanine level after the Concourse B security checkpoint; inside the Flagship Lounge.
Open daily 04:30 to 22:30

Los Angeles (LAX) Terminal 4 Concourse level across from gate 40.
Currently closed

Miami (MIA) Concourse D Near gate D30.
Open daily 13:00 to 22:30

Link to current thread on announced changes including new Flagship Lounges for MCO, MIA; new Flagship Lounges for MIA, PHL; Flagship Dining for DFW, JFK, LAX, MIA; renovation of FL, AC.

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The "A" Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge within; these were closed after 11 September 2001. When the decision to make terminal D the new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges in "D". That has been rectified with the opening of DFW D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers in "D".
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 1, 15, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
For those who have been already, is tipping the servers customary (especially if requesting drinks from the bar)?
Old Nov 2, 15, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Nov 2 - 2:30pm currently back in the DFW Flagship Lounge. 12 people in here, one empty table, mostly one per table - a few doubles.

Still great service. Nice sandwiches, salads, soups, etc. Salads better than AmEx lounge. The check in desk agent on the first floor remembered me from last Thursday.

Still very nice lounge for the space they have.
Old Nov 2, 15, 2:06 pm

Nov 2 - 3pm - now in Centurion Lounge. Very crowded. No Spa appointments for at least 2 hours. Only one waiter for about 100 people. Had to wait for table, then had to clear it myself. Salads not as good as AA lounge. Only plus is the hot food - they have switched to Salmon and shredded beef. But a line at the food counter - about 12 deep. While food good, the experience is not anything like the calm professional service from the new AA FL.

Asked about when new lounge would open, they weren't sure, but said it was coming and to a new location.

Asked if anything different tomorrow Nov 3 when the AA FL officially opens - nothing different.

Last edited by cova; Nov 2, 15 at 2:13 pm
Old Nov 2, 15, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cova View Post
Nov 2 - 2:30pm currently back in the DFW Flagship Lounge. 12 people in here, one empty table, mostly one per table - a few doubles.

Still great service. Nice sandwiches, salads, soups, etc. Salads better than AmEx lounge. The check in desk agent on the first floor remembered me from last Thursday.

Still very nice lounge for the space they have.
Nov 2 - 3pm - now in Centurion Lounge. Very crowded. No Spa appointments for at least 2 hours. Only one waiter for about 100 people. Had to wait for table, then had to clear it myself. Salads not as good as AA lounge. Only plus is the hot food - they have switched to Salmon and shredded beef. But a line at the food counter - about 12 deep. While food good, the experience is not anything like the calm professional service from the new AA FL.
Nice report and comparison! ^
Old Nov 2, 15, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA, HH
Two of us also EXPS in J also on flight to HKG on Oct 29. I was dressed in dress shirt and slacks and offered access without asking. Friend in T shirt and shorts and was not offered access. But I told agent we were together.
I guess my pony tail, jeans and golf shirt were holding me back. Maybe I need an EXP tattoo on my arm.
Old Nov 2, 15, 5:16 pm

Lots of delayed and some cancelled flights out of DFW due to heavy fog in the am. All lounges are crowded - Nov 2. My final lounge was Term A AC - also very crowded. Could not even get the wifi to connect - too many users. Happened to be sitting next to someone in A - who said he was also at AmEx but left because it was too crowded. Although the delayed flights skewed everything.
Old Nov 2, 15, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Lots of delayed and some cancelled flights out of DFW due to heavy fog in the am. All lounges are crowded - Nov 2. My final lounge was Term A AC - also very crowded. Could not even get the wifi to connect - too many users. Happened to be sitting next to someone in A - who said he was also at AmEx but left because it was too crowded. Although the delayed flights skewed everything.
Thank AA for their re-banked hub "enhancement..."
Old Nov 3, 15, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
I was there on Sunday before my flight to LHR, the room was very quiet, I got a nice black invitation coupon at the entrance of the AC.

The attendant there commented that they can't have stove as long they don't instal exhaust pipe in the building in order to have a proper kitchen.

They mention it was a soft opening, and that in the 12 month and will build a proper FL and that this was a temporary set up meanwhile.

The room was very well staffed, 3 persons for myself... I didn't have to get up tp refill my glass of champagne.

The silence was a bit awkward with the staff whispering in such a small room, some background music or a tv could help in these specific situation.
Old Nov 3, 15, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pvgman View Post
...They mention it was a soft opening, and that in the 12 month and will build a proper FL and that this was a temporary set up meanwhile.
Nice to hear them talkin' that way!

In accordance with the original rumor-- albeit I think the 12 month timeline might be a bit ambitious.
Old Nov 3, 15, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by JonNYC View Post
In accordance with the original rumor-- albeit I think the 12 month timeline might be a bit ambitious.
Wow. Glacial.
Old Nov 3, 15, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
IThey mention it was a soft opening, and that in the 12 month and will build a proper FL and that this was a temporary set up meanwhile.
Good to know that DFW will soon have an FL that someone can go crazy in and destroy.
Old Nov 3, 15, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brewdog11 View Post
Good to know that DFW will soon have an FL that someone can go crazy in and destroy.
Too soon.
Old Nov 3, 15, 11:03 pm
toh

A data point to share... I was there Sunday Nov 1 in the morning before the HKG flight. Agree with others that the room is cozy and generally quiet, but a table with two people speaking in normal voices was found to be unintentionally annoying. I was ready to leave, but they eventually left before I did.

Morning food items of pastries and dessert were nice, but I found them to be unsatisfying. No alcohol being served prior to 10am on Sunday morning, although all the bottles of wine and beer were temptingly laid out in chilled containers.

Looking forward to visiting again on my return trip through DFW this weekend.
Old Nov 4, 15, 1:48 am

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Plat)
It seems the admission rules are the same as for a Flagship Lounge, so EXPs flying int'l can bring one guest?

Originally Posted by sts603 View Post
Here is the current lunch/dinner menu from the CCR. How do none of these sound good?
I'm still suspicious of factory-farmed beef, so that rules out the burger; I can't stand back bacon or mayonnaise, so that's it for club sandwich (plus I try to avoid too much bread); not a fan of beets; don't like pork; I like fish with good flavor (salmon or tuna) but not bland whitefish; the Tortellini was probably tasty, but I try to stay healthy and avoid too much carbs.

Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
At LAX I actually had some decent carved warm roast beef last year, with decent sides, but yes, that was an exception to the rule..
Wow, I haven't seen that at LAX FL. I've been there around dinner time 5-6 times in the past few months, and it's always the same dried-out salmon, dried-out chicken, and a lot of sides. In fairness, they did change the large stainless steel chafing dishes for smaller earthenware ones, so that's something I suppose.

Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy View Post
Everyone appreciates AA adding a more premium option at their captive flyer super hub.

Anyone criticizing it is just sour grapes.
I think it's terrific that AA is making an effort, and I look forward to trying it. I suspect the criticism is more disappointment that AA isn't doing more or a better job of it ("sour grapes" would be criticism from people who are not eligible to access it).

Originally Posted by JonNYC View Post
I just can say there's a certain "we gotta do better than this" sentiment among some.
That's actually very good to hear, even more so if it's more than a few at AA who feel that way. Not that I've been to the Flagship Dining yet, but any time people at AA feel they need to do a better job, that's great news in my book.

Originally Posted by itchief View Post
water - still and sparking
I'm sure this will seem picayune, but did you happen to notice if the sparkling water was Perrier vs Pellegrino? I love Perrier but it seems these days everyone is switching to Pellegrino.

The silence was a bit awkward with the staff whispering in such a small room, some background music or a tv could help in these specific situation.
Please, no TV! I don't care if they have background music or not (as long as it is a very low volume), but I'm driven mad by blaring TVs. I am so thankful they are no longer a fixture at gates.
Old Nov 4, 15, 5:50 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac King of Coffee, Chick-fil-A Red
AA used to operate a Flagship lounge at DFW but clowed due to DFW beIng Elite heavy and at any given time the lounge would be overcrowded . There is a "secret" room in one of the Admirals Clubs which has gym equipment. That space used to be a Flagship lounge and they may re-open the Flagship Lounge there

Search this Thread