Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA Flagship First Dining includes JFK, DFW, LAX, and MIA. The LAX facility is currently closed

This thread is for discussion of the new Flagship First Dining spaces within Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge complexes

Link to Flagship First Dining Terms and Conditions page on aa.com

Access
A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship® First Dining, located within certain select Flagship® Lounges.

Qualifying transcontinental flights
Three-class non-stop flights between: New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
LAX and Miami (MIA) If operating with three classes sold
LAX and BOS if operating with three classes sold

Guest access
Flagship® First – International: 1 guest (children over 2 count as a guest)
Flagship® First – Transcontinental: No guests

Editor's note: There is no access stated or implied on arrival from qualifying flights, but in cases of AA qualifying Flagship First it is granted. There is no access stated or implied based on oneworld or AAdvantage status, including Concierge Key, though the latter may access with a pass. These access rules are quite different from the new Flagship® Lounge; Flagship First Dining is not a oneworld lounge and is exempt from oneworld lounge access rules, much like the LHR Concorde Room.

Concierge Key and Executive Platinum / oneworld Emeralds not flying in three class Flagship First as defined above do not have Flagship First Dining.
(Concierge Key may use passes.)

Locations
Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminal D Concourse level between gates D21 and D22; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 12:00 to 20:30

New York (JFK) – Terminal 8 On the mezzanine level after the Concourse B security checkpoint; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 04:30 to 00:15

Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4 Concourse level across from gate 40.
Currently closed

Miami (MIA) – Concourse D Near gate D30.
Open daily 13:00 to 22:30

Link to current thread on announced changes including new Flagship Lounges for MCO, MIA; new Flagship Lounges for MIA, PHL; Flagship Dining for DFW, JFK, LAX, MIA; renovation of FL, AC.

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The "A" Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge within; these were closed after 11 September 2001. When the decision to make terminal D the new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges in "D". That has been rectified with the opening of DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers in "D".
Print Wikipost

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2024, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
LAX-JFK F(overnight)-MIA F — FFD granted at MIA

Did this exact itinerary a month ago and only got a FL card when I checked in at MIA using JFK-LAX BP.

This time, I was instantly told I had FFD access although not without a lot of follow-up questions and a discussion behind the scenes between the desk agent and an out-of-sight supervisor. But all’s well that ends well!

Last edited by st530; Feb 14, 2024 at 6:02 pm
Old Feb 14, 2024, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by st530
Did this exact itinerary a month ago and only got a FL card when I checked in at MIA using JFK-LAX BP.

This time, I was instantly told I had FFD access although not without a lot of follow-up questions and a discussion behind the scenes between the desk agent and an out-of-sight supervisor. But all’s well that ends well!
Years and years later... we - the flyers - are still educating AA customer facing agents on access rules. (It is not a MIA issue... LAX, ORD, JFK etc... all have had issues over the years.)
i have said it before - why would AA not create laminated cards for access with examples? Redeyes are so common this should not be an issue.
A simple card could over 99% of the scenarios.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Global321
Years and years later... we - the flyers - are still educating AA customer facing agents on access rules. (It is not a MIA issue... LAX, ORD, JFK etc... all have had issues over the years.)
i have said it before - why would AA not create laminated cards for access with examples? Redeyes are so common this should not be an issue.
A simple card could over 99% of the scenarios.
the easiest way to get consistency is to program the scanners to handle it.

The time it would take to make laminated cards and train people to use them would be more than it would take to have a junior software developer code these permutations into the system.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Antarius
the easiest way to get consistency is to program the scanners to handle it.

The time it would take to make laminated cards and train people to use them would be more than it would take to have a junior software developer code these permutations into the system.
Sure... but the cards are a solution that could be done overnight.
Train them? Simply read the card.

The fact that they don't get someone coming off a JFK-LAX redeye has access is shocking.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:45 am

Flagship first lounge MIA

would anyone happen to have a current menu available please ? Flying out on Friday with FFL access
Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by flabound
would anyone happen to have a current menu available please ? Flying out on Friday with FFL access
At the risk of being overly nitpicky and pedantic AA doesn't have a Flagship First Lounge at MIA. They have a Flagship Lounge, and they have a Flagship First Dining section within the Flagship Lounge. Assuming you're talking about Flagship First Dining then have you checked the dedicated thread [this thread ]to see if any recent menus have been posted?
ikwia and TWA884 like this.

Last edited by aztimm; Feb 17, 2024 at 1:29 pm Reason: removed link to this thread after merge
Old Feb 18, 2024, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
At the risk of being overly nitpicky and pedantic AA doesn't have a Flagship First Lounge at MIA. They have a Flagship Lounge, and they have a Flagship First Dining section within the Flagship Lounge. Assuming you're talking about Flagship First Dining then have you checked the dedicated thread [this thread ]to see if any recent menus have been posted?

Apologies, yes, its FFD in the Flagship Lounge. dont see any menus so if someone does have a MIA menu I would be most obliged.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 10:23 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: -
I've earned the loyalty point threshold that allows me to redeem for a Flagship First Dining pass. Does anyone know if I can let a family member use the pass? I would not be present. Thank you!
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA
Flying JAL F from HND to DFW, connecting onto AA DFW-CLT that evening. Anyone know on access?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by golfer20
Flying JAL F from HND to DFW, connecting onto AA DFW-CLT that evening. Anyone know on access?
You get access to the FL but not FFD.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by CMTinPHL
You get access to the FL but not FFD.
But I found this term no ?
  • A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin or on a Flagship®Business Plus fare on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship®First Dining, located within certain select Flagship® Lounges.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by ericnycflyer
But I found this term no ?
  • A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin or on a Flagship®Business Plus fare on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship®First Dining, located within certain select Flagship® Lounges.
Having flow this route many times, I can confirm CMTinPHL is 100% correct. FL, not FFD.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 8:20 am

DFW FFD Access

Traveling from LHR to DFW in BA F and then have an onward connection on a totally separate ticket. Will I be able to access flagship first dining in DFW? Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by j123456
Traveling from LHR to DFW in BA F and then have an onward connection on a totally separate ticket. Will I be able to access flagship first dining in DFW? Thanks!
You definitely should. Just hold on to a physical copy of your inbound BA F ticket.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 9:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Sounds just about right. I have always thought DFW FFD has the least professional service, younger employees and just a lack of leadership. I also dont like that FL at all. MIA is far better imo.
I liked the Dallas FL the 2 times I was there and the one time I did FFD was terrific - I stayed so long I missed boarding my next flight to LAX, but they still got me on the next plane.

Last weekend however, I went to the FL in LAX and was far from impressed. I had one small serving of sushi rolls then they ran out and never replenished. There was a good looking beef option on printed menu for the action station but when I asked they said it wouldn't be open today and hadn't been open for a long time. Based on the breakfast buffet while I was over there, I'd imagine the lunch buffet at the OW J lounge in TBIT would have been more to my liking. Other than drinking Balvenie and watching planes, there just wasn't much to the FL that I couldn't get at a Centurion Lounge without a flagship flight.

On the way back at JFK, I visited both the SoHo and the Chelsea, and I have to say I liked the SoHo food options better - the Asian pork belly and Fries was terriffic. I did have some great scotches at the Chelsea, but hey, if I can get free access to the SoHo as an EXP on any Intl flight out of JFK, its almost worth the routing thru there as opposed to the much more limited FL options in LAX or ORD etc.
Global321 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.