Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA Flagship First Dining includes JFK, DFW, LAX, and MIA. The LAX facility is currently closed

This thread is for discussion of the new Flagship First Dining spaces within Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge complexes

Link to Flagship First Dining Terms and Conditions page on aa.com

Access
A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship® First Dining, located within certain select Flagship® Lounges.

Qualifying transcontinental flights
Three-class non-stop flights between: New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
LAX and Miami (MIA) If operating with three classes sold
LAX and BOS if operating with three classes sold

Guest access
Flagship® First – International: 1 guest (children over 2 count as a guest)
Flagship® First – Transcontinental: No guests

Editor's note: There is no access stated or implied on arrival from qualifying flights, but in cases of AA qualifying Flagship First it is granted. There is no access stated or implied based on oneworld or AAdvantage status, including Concierge Key, though the latter may access with a pass. These access rules are quite different from the new Flagship® Lounge; Flagship First Dining is not a oneworld lounge and is exempt from oneworld lounge access rules, much like the LHR Concorde Room.

Concierge Key and Executive Platinum / oneworld Emeralds not flying in three class Flagship First as defined above do not have Flagship First Dining.
(Concierge Key may use passes.)

Locations
Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminal D Concourse level between gates D21 and D22; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 12:00 to 20:30

New York (JFK) – Terminal 8 On the mezzanine level after the Concourse B security checkpoint; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 04:30 to 00:15

Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4 Concourse level across from gate 40.
Currently closed

Miami (MIA) – Concourse D Near gate D30.
Open daily 13:00 to 22:30

Link to current thread on announced changes including new Flagship Lounges for MCO, MIA; new Flagship Lounges for MIA, PHL; Flagship Dining for DFW, JFK, LAX, MIA; renovation of FL, AC.

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The "A" Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge within; these were closed after 11 September 2001. When the decision to make terminal D the new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges in "D". That has been rectified with the opening of DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers in "D".
Print Wikipost

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2023, 5:56 pm
GLA

Programs: BA VS
LPGS is certainly off the menu and I did not enquire if they had any left over as I knew I would be drinking it by now anyway!
SEA737 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 7:13 pm

Our trip is not until mid Jan. Perhaps there will be a new menu by then? Originally booked through JFK with a night in NY each way and BA F home when fares were cheap but latest fares pretty much match for any city pair J R/T AA/BA. So just decided to switch to late DFW dep for longer flight/better sleep and burn 3 EVIPs J to F on AA so all 6 of us can use FFD. Definitely know what to expect (not much) AA F but hoping FFD at least will be pleasant enough! Booked BA 3 cabin 777 club world suites home through PHL! Will miss out on Concorde room at LHR but been there and done that many times and not much ever changes. Wish us luck……😳
GLA likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 8:17 pm
GLA

Originally Posted by Pct70
Our trip is not until mid Jan. Perhaps there will be a new menu by then? Originally booked through JFK with a night in NY each way and BA F home when fares were cheap but latest fares pretty much match for any city pair J R/T AA/BA. So just decided to switch to late DFW dep for longer flight/better sleep and burn 3 EVIPs J to F on AA so all 6 of us can use FFD. Definitely know what to expect (not much) AA F but hoping FFD at least will be pleasant enough! Booked BA 3 cabin 777 club world suites home through PHL! Will miss out on Concorde room at LHR but been there and done that many times and not much ever changes. Wish us luck……😳
FFD at DFW is light years ahead of CCR, IMHO. Sounds great!
Pct70 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 6:40 am

LOL…..Thanks! You give me hope!!
GLA likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 4:20 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
At FFD DFW. I was skeptical of the Champagne with the producer being Nicolas Feuillate. It’s quite good though. I find it more interesting than LPGS even, but you have to let it come up to room temp a bit. 2008 being a great year for Champagne probably helps.

I also had forgotten that AA has pretty decent liquor at FFD. I don’t see it mentioned much here. 18yo Highland Park makes me a happy camper. Don Julio 1942 is not bad for tequila (if you don’t mind vanilla), and there’s JW Blue Label if you care for that.
kanny likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 3:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by Antarius
Yes, you will have access.
Does anyone know if BA F pax are allowed a guest? Ex-DFW on the 192 early next year, and have a colleague travelling in Y on the same.

Last edited by Teece; Nov 17, 2023 at 5:33 am
Old Nov 17, 2023, 7:25 am
GLA

Originally Posted by Teece
Does anyone know if BA F pax are allowed a guest? Ex-DFW on the 192 early next year, and have a colleague travelling in Y on the same.
As confirmed in the BA forum thread, yes, this is allowed. I was in there on Wednesday and confirmed that it would be fine although my colleague unfortunately did not make it in time to join me.

It was my first time in FFD and I was well impressed.
Teece likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by GLA
As confirmed in the BA forum thread, yes, this is allowed. I was in there on Wednesday and confirmed that it would be fine although my colleague unfortunately did not make it in time to join me.

Yes, probably the best meal experience I've had in an airline lounge.
GLA likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by Teece
Originally Posted by GLA

Validating this as well, as I guested someone two weeks ago, who was on another [domestic] flight, with no issues.
Teece likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 3:41 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Apologies if I've missed this despite reading and searching - but any info on FFD LAX reopening? Surely if AA were going to shut it down permanently they would have said so after being closed so long?

I fly LAX - AKL in AA Flagship Business in JAN' 24, which according to website, theoretically, gets me entry. That said, is all the fuss over FFD worth it at LAX when the Qantas First lounge is a few minute walk away, also with sit down A La Carte dining available?
Old Nov 20, 2023, 4:15 am

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Apologies if I've missed this despite reading and searching - but any info on FFD LAX reopening? Surely if AA were going to shut it down permanently they would have said so after being closed so long?

I fly LAX - AKL in AA Flagship Business in JAN' 24, which according to website, theoretically, gets me entry. That said, is all the fuss over FFD worth it at LAX when the Qantas First lounge is a few minute walk away, also with sit down A La Carte dining available?
Flying LAX-AKL in Flagship Business does not provide access to Flagship First Dining even if it were open. You would have to be flying Flagship First, which isn't offered on that route. You have access to the regular Flagship Lounge which is open and (if OWE) the QF F lounge.
Global321, Antarius and safari ari like this.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by SCChris
Flying LAX-AKL in Flagship Business does not provide access to Flagship First Dining even if it were open. You would have to be flying Flagship First, which isn't offered on that route. You have access to the regular Flagship Lounge which is open and (if OWE) the QF F lounge.
So what's all this about then?........

Flying in Flagship® First or Flagship® Business Plus? (which New Zealand service is)

If you’re flying in Flagship® First or Flagship® Business Plus on select flights you also have access to our elevated, sit-down dining experience; located inside select Flagship® Lounges.

Flagship® First Dining

Access

Qualifying First and BusinessExpandGet access if you’re traveling in First or Business on a qualifying same-day international, transcontinental or other domestic flight marketed and operated by American, a oneworld® airline or marketed by JetBlue* and operated by American.**

Qualifying international

Flights with seats ticketed as Flagship® between the U.S. and:

• Asia
  • Australia
  • Europe
  • Middle East
  • New Zealand
  • South America (excluding Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Peru, Suriname and Venezuela)

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Nov 20, 2023 at 5:55 pm
Old Nov 20, 2023, 5:49 pm

So what's all this about then?........

Flying in Flagship® First or Flagship® Business Plus? (which New Zealand service is)

If you’re flying in Flagship® First or Flagship® Business Plus on select flights you also have access to our elevated, sit-down dining experience; located inside select Flagship® Lounges.

Flagship® First Dining

Access

Qualifying First and BusinessExpandGet access if you’re traveling in First or Business on a qualifying same-day international, transcontinental or other domestic flight marketed and operated by American, a oneworld® airline or marketed by JetBlue* and operated by American.**

Qualifying international

Flights with seats ticketed as Flagship® between the U.S. and:

• Asia
  • Australia
  • Europe
  • Middle East
  • New Zealand
  • South America (excluding Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Peru, Suriname and Venezuela)
You are almost certainly flying Flagship Business.

Flagship Business Plus is where you pay an extra $500 on top of your Flagship Business ticket and that gets you access to FFD.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 6:01 pm

Ah I give up! so damn confusing. Was never presented with opportunity for 'plus' option....or perhaps I missed seeing it. All said, thanks to all for your input. I'll just head to TBIT and eat A La Carte at QF First lounge. Problem solved
Merry Christmas all.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by spanishflea
You are almost certainly flying Flagship Business.

Flagship Business Plus is where you pay an extra $500 on top of your Flagship Business ticket and that gets you access to FFD.
This. Unless you actively went out and bought the Plus "bundle", you'll be in regular J (Flagship Business) which does not qualify for FFD or Chelsea access in JFK.

Flagship Business Plus includes FFD, First Checkin and an extra checked bag. On the plane, it's identical.

Ah I give up! so damn confusing. Was never presented with opportunity for 'plus' option....or perhaps I missed seeing it. All said, thanks to all for your input. I'll just head to TBIT and eat A La Carte at QF First lounge. Problem solved
Merry Christmas all.
It's very confusing. AA seems to enjoy this.

It's offered on some routes some times, so it isn't a consistent thing either. With LAX FFD closed, it would be an even more spectacular waste of money than it usually is.

Have a great trip!
JJeffrey, Cedar Jet and Global321 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.