Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA Flagship First Dining includes JFK, DFW, LAX, and MIA. The LAX facility is currently closed

This thread is for discussion of the new Flagship First Dining spaces within Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge complexes

Link to Flagship First Dining Terms and Conditions page on aa.com

Access
A customer with a same-day ticket on American or a oneworld® airline in the first class cabin on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight automatically has access to Flagship® First Dining, located within certain select Flagship® Lounges.

Qualifying transcontinental flights
Three-class non-stop flights between: New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
LAX and Miami (MIA) If operating with three classes sold
LAX and BOS if operating with three classes sold

Guest access
Flagship® First – International: 1 guest (children over 2 count as a guest)
Flagship® First – Transcontinental: No guests

Editor's note: There is no access stated or implied on arrival from qualifying flights, but in cases of AA qualifying Flagship First it is granted. There is no access stated or implied based on oneworld or AAdvantage status, including Concierge Key, though the latter may access with a pass. These access rules are quite different from the new Flagship® Lounge; Flagship First Dining is not a oneworld lounge and is exempt from oneworld lounge access rules, much like the LHR Concorde Room.

Concierge Key and Executive Platinum / oneworld Emeralds not flying in three class Flagship First as defined above do not have Flagship First Dining.
(Concierge Key may use passes.)

Locations
Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminal D Concourse level between gates D21 and D22; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 12:00 to 20:30

New York (JFK) – Terminal 8 On the mezzanine level after the Concourse B security checkpoint; inside the Flagship® Lounge.
Open daily 04:30 to 00:15

Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4 Concourse level across from gate 40.
Currently closed

Miami (MIA) – Concourse D Near gate D30.
Open daily 13:00 to 22:30

Link to current thread on announced changes including new Flagship Lounges for MCO, MIA; new Flagship Lounges for MIA, PHL; Flagship Dining for DFW, JFK, LAX, MIA; renovation of FL, AC.

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The "A" Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge within; these were closed after 11 September 2001. When the decision to make terminal D the new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges in "D". That has been rectified with the opening of DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers in "D".
Print Wikipost

Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:32 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
but any info on FFD LAX reopening?
I believe the space is still there, but I have not seen anything suggesting that it'd reopen.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SAS Silver
Here is the menu for MIA today. I was fortunate enough to have the special Thanksgiving dinner. As a non American I found it a nice touch and treat, with both turkey and pumpkin pie!
And yes, they have downgraded the champagne offer, and the waitress even apologised for not serving the Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle anymore, the LPSG sells for roughly $180-200 a bottle where as the Nicolas Feuillatte Palmes d’Or can be found for around $130-140.
It’s still a premium bubbly of course, but not as premium as the LPGS, Krug or Dom Perignon that often are found in the JFK Chelsea lounge.

Food menu

Wine list

Dessert menu

Special Thanksgiving dinner

Turkey
Andriyko, BTA and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Baked “Parpadelle”? 🙄
BTA likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Talking AA Bingo

Originally Posted by jcatman
Baked “Parpadelle”? 🙄
I'm adding this to my list for AA Bingo:
1. Live flaxseeds.
2. Gin and tonic severed with lime.
3. Chocolate mouse cake.
4. Baked Parpadelle.

Hard to type with all this grinning!
Old Nov 24, 2023, 1:03 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by jcatman
Baked “Parpadelle”? 🙄
I'm more amused by the wine suggestion. Pinot with Bolognese instead of the Barbera that's on the list.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 5:51 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
DFW.

Waited awhile to be seated as they were understaffed; no one in front desk for about 5 minutes.

Server was awesome! Attentive, sweet, and friendly.

Food was delicious, much better than last time. All dishes were on point. I had the D’Or champagne and tasted like brioche; then finished with Hennessy VSOP. Only thing that I didn’t really care for was the toasted focaccia.

Mango juice with habenero seasoning; great amuse bouche.

Salad with grilled squash on the bottom. Would get again: light, refreshing with salty/sweet vinaigrette dressing that wasn’t over powering.

Toasted focaccia bread; wasn’t a fan. definitely miss the corn bread.

Bison…delicious!

Barramundi: Delicious!

Tiramusu: love it, would get again as it wasn’t too heavy.

Hennessy VSOP.
teemuflyer and ryanbriar like this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
What’s the lounge/FFD situation at each of LAX/JFK/MIA if flying T-con F LAX-JFK overnight then next day JFK-MIA in F? Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:25 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by st530
What’s the lounge/FFD situation at each of LAX/JFK/MIA if flying T-con F LAX-JFK overnight then next day JFK-MIA in F? Thanks!
You'll have access in LAX and JFK.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 11:24 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
<deleted>

Last edited by fliesdelta; Jan 6, 2024 at 11:34 pm
Old Jan 7, 2024, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by st530
Originally Posted by safari ari
You'll have access in LAX and JFK.
Yea, you definitely have access to the Flagship Lounge at LAX and Chelsea Lounge at JFK.

You might have access to Flagship Dining at MIA too, if you want to try your luck and don't have anything to do in MIA Accessing Flagship Dining the next day, one stop removed from your qualifying flight is YMMV territory, although most data points are positive.

(Similar data point: on 2 separate occasions I've flown the redeye LAX-BOS-JFK in F and J, in both cases it was no problem to access Chelsea and Greenwich at JFK)
st530 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 12:41 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
DFW

Used another FFD certificate.

After one glass of Palmer’s D’Or, they ran out and used the Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Reserve instead.

They only had VSOP line of cognacs and no XO; tried Courvoisier VSOP and was not a fan; ended up with Johnny Blue…

Food was delicious as usual, and no all dishes were well executed.

Menu

Palmes D’Or champagne

Squash salad: light, fresh, and crispy ingredients to balance out the salad.

barramundi: crispy skin with excellent seasoning.

Chocolate mouse: delicious

Highland Park 18 and Johnny Blue

Cognac selection: not that great.

Bison: delicious.
kanny and madmanshoney like this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yea, you definitely have access to the Flagship Lounge at LAX and Chelsea Lounge at JFK.

You might have access to Flagship Dining at MIA too, if you want to try your luck and don't have anything to do in MIA Accessing Flagship Dining the next day, one stop removed from your qualifying flight is YMMV territory, although most data points are positive.

(Similar data point: on 2 separate occasions I've flown the redeye LAX-BOS-JFK in F and J, in both cases it was no problem to access Chelsea and Greenwich at JFK)
Just by way of follow-up, upon arrival at MIA I scanned my LAX-JFK BP and the agent smiled and handed me a FL entry card but not a FFD pass. I didn’t push the matter as I was really just trying to add a data point (although FWIW, the last time I had Business Plus at MIA I was also not proactively given a FFD pass, in that case wrongly and I got it corrected).
JJeffrey and ryanbriar like this.

Last edited by st530; Jan 11, 2024 at 7:00 pm
Old Jan 12, 2024, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Has anyone had any issues with FFD and accessing Chelsea? I will be arriving in MIA from GIG but connecting to JFK for my SFO A321T in First. At some point today, it occurred to me that I should have access to FFD at MIA. I was curious to know if I dinned at FFD in MIA, I may not be eligible to do so at JFK despite having an 8-hour layover to deal with.

Thanks in advance for tips and feedback.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Has anyone had any issues with FFD and accessing Chelsea? I will be arriving in MIA from GIG but connecting to JFK for my SFO A321T in First. At some point today, it occurred to me that I should have access to FFD at MIA. I was curious to know if I dinned at FFD in MIA, I may not be eligible to do so at JFK despite having an 8-hour layover to deal with.

Thanks in advance for tips and feedback.
If you have a qualifying itinerary there's no limit on the amount of times you can acces FFD or Chelsea, etc, so it's no problem to access FFD in MIA then Chelsea in JFK.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
there's no limit on the amount of times you can acces FFD .
Except when you tell Ms. G in the MIA FL that you dined at FFD in JFK on the way down to MIA and she tells you FFD is limited to 1 location per day and then you have to sit in the FL and watch the FFD doors and not be allowed in.....
Zacnlinc likes this.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Jan 12, 2024 at 9:04 pm Reason: Remove full last name even though she deserves to be called out for incompetence

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.