Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
ARCHIVE: New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge Coming to DFW Terminal D
Flagship Dining fully opened 3 Nov 2015 - hrs. 08:30 -
premium lounge still tba

The current thread is: DFW Flagship Dining (open Oct 2015)
This thread is the archived file for discussion, including speculation, about the possible addition of a new Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge at Dallas-Ft. Worth International. Terminal D, including the interim Flagship Dining.

NOTE: The previously designated smoking room in the Terminal D Admirals Club has been closed and refurbished as the interim Flagship Dining facility, 3 Nov 2015 specifically for dining (soft opening was 27 Oct). Wine, Champagne and beer are served; for other beverages, the Admirals Club bar will be used (chits are issued). (The Admirals Club itself will continue to serve as the lounge until the new premium lounge opens.)

From aa.com:

Flagship® Dining coming soon to DFW

Commencing November 3, select international passengers can enjoy exclusive access to Flagship® Dining, our premium dining experience inside our Terminal D Admirals Club® location at DFW.

Invited guests include passengers on eligible international itineraries (traveling to/from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City*) who are either:
  • Traveling in First Class on American Airlines or oneworld® marketed and operated flights, or
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or oneworld® Emerald members traveling in any cabin**
NOTES: Admission rules are standard Flagship Lounge rules (see above). Boarding passes will be stamped at the entrance desk to demonstrate admission qualification and/or invitation cards issued.

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City (and South Pacific, e.g. AKL, SYD) only.

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access.
See Gary Leff's take on the "FLD", the old DFW Flagship Lounge, etc. here.

For discussion about the lack of a Flagship Lounge at DFW, see Why is there no Flagship Lounge / FL at DFW? (consolidated)

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The A Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge. These were closed after 11 September 2001; when the decision to make terminal D the c new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers.

At DFW-A, the old Flagship Lounge still exists and is used for an occasional function or NR passenger; the old Arrivals Lounge is still there, and though no longer in service it's showers -arguably the most spacious and luxurious in the AA system - and small gym remain for knowing passenger's or member's use. Look for these facilities on your immediate left (FL) and right (AL) as you exit the elevators on the second (Club) floor.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by aaflyer5555
I would be interested to know how this fits into policy as I've seen different interpretations of it:
  • Ticket 1 on AA stock with all AA segments (different PNR): Overnight flight in four cabin F: GRU > MIA (the 4-5 AM arrival so no FFD given the operating hours)
  • Ticket 2 on AA stock with all AA segments (different PNR): That very morning in domestic J: MIA > JFK (during normal operating FFD hours) > ORD
Is FFD eligible at JFK?
That's definitely an extreme and niche case with multiple things going on, I can see how if you asked 5 different people you would get 5 different interpretations.

Separate tickets do not matter for lounge access purposes, and AA grants FD access on arrival from qualifying AA flights, so from a simplistic point of view you should have FD access in JFK. When you approach the agent, I would just say that you've just come from São Paulo on your way to Chicago and hand them your GRU-MIA boarding pass.

And no doubt some folks could have an overly technical interpretation, in that technically your qualifying GRU-MIA flight was the day before, however in practice most all AA agents I've encountered either don't understand or just don't enforce this level of granularity with regards to access. As long as you're on the same general "journey" as your qualifying flight you'll be let in with no problems.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:45 am
Suspended

I would be interested to know how this fits into policy as I've seen different interpretations of it:
  • Ticket 1 on AA stock with all AA segments (different PNR): Overnight flight in four cabin F: GRU > MIA (the 4-5 AM arrival so no FFD given the operating hours)
  • Ticket 2 on AA stock with all AA segments (different PNR): That very morning in domestic J: MIA > JFK (during normal operating FFD hours) > ORD
Is FFD eligible at JFK?
I’d think that would be a tough sell for FFD admission.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Is FFD eligible at JFK?
My interpretation is pretty simple and how all of this works anyway when you think about it. It is the day of "arrival" that matters for lounge access at any level when you have a qualifying connecting flight. It is no different that arriving into HKG +2 days from departure from the US for example, and then connecting to anywhere on a OW flight, even in Y. One has access to the CX F lounges at HKG. Having separate PNR's has no bearing.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:02 pm
amm

I’m flying HKG-LAX-JFK-BWI in a few months. The HKG-LAX leg is in first class while LAX-JFK is in business. Know I’ll have access to FFD once I clear customs in LA, but will I also have FFD access in JFK? The transcon leg is AA10 so I depart LAX at 9pm (same day as HKG departure) and land in JFK at 540am the following day.

And apologies if this was answered earlier in this thread, read through a few pages but didn’t see this scenario discussed.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:47 am

Enjoyed FFD and Krug today at LAX.

Was given some hassle getting in, though.

HND-LAX In AA flagship first
LAX-SEA in AA domestic first, all one record locator.
Also of note I had no ff# attached to the bp.

Arrive at flagship lounge entrance at LAX, am asked for boarding pass. I give them the LAX-SEA bp, given that the longhaul one is greyed out on my phone on account of being used, so they couldn’t scan it.

“Sorry sir you can not access the lounge on a domestic first class ticket.”

“Ok but I just got here from Tokyo.”

[proceed to show the greyed-our boarding pass on my phone]

After some typing, “ok, we will let you in, but you need to have your AA number attached to the boarding pass or else we won’t let you in next time”

“Huh?”

“Yes you need your advantage number to access the flagship lounge.”

“Weird. Ok.”

She ushers me past.

“Um, don’t I get the dining thing too?”

[she looks at my bp again, types some more, then gives me the dining invitation]

I mean I didn’t really care cuz I knew they had to let me in. But what about people who don’t hang out on FT? If this were my mom, she would have said, “I’m so sorry for bothering you” and would have walked away with no flagship first and no dining.

i’m assuming the bit about needing an aadvantage number is totally bogus, right?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by dval44
i’m assuming the bit about needing an aadvantage number is totally bogus, right?
Yes, 100%
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by amm
I’m flying HKG-LAX-JFK-BWI in a few months. The HKG-LAX leg is in first class while LAX-JFK is in business. Know I’ll have access to FFD once I clear customs in LA, but will I also have FFD access in JFK? The transcon leg is AA10 so I depart LAX at 9pm (same day as HKG departure) and land in JFK at 540am the following day.

And apologies if this was answered earlier in this thread, read through a few pages but didn’t see this scenario discussed.
Yes, you will have access, show your FC BP.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
I am adding a data point for MIA:

Was flying AA MIA - ATL (DomF) with an onward connection on BA ATL - LHR in F (same ticket).

I asked the check in ladies in the lounge if I would qualify for access to the dining in MIA.
After a lot of whispering and "paperwork" (she disappeared with my boarding passes for a while) I was granted access.

Not sure if I was just lucky or if that is the norm.

The food and service were amazing (cute little Krug bottles they have), at least for a first time visitor. Regulars might be less impressed
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
hmmmmm, I’d say that would require some accommodation vs. entrance entitlement at JFK
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Yes, upon arrival you'll have access, regardless if you were connecting to BOS.
So arriving on LAX-JFK in AA F without any onward connection would still allow access to FFD at JFK?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
4 of us flying revenue F (booked as A) on BA from MIA to LHR and then DEL, will we have access to FFD in MIA? I really prefer to eat before boarding our flight, and would rather eat FFD than the buffet at the FL. We also plan on eating at the Concorde Room between flights...
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:55 pm
amm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Originally Posted by JonNYC

hmmmmm, I’d say that would require some accommodation vs. entrance entitlement at JFK
Hoping for the best (esp for my SWU to clear and render this all moot), but will report back in a few months.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by absoluy
So arriving on LAX-JFK in AA F without any onward connection would still allow access to FFD at JFK?
Yes, if arriving on the 3 class transon..
Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP / CK
A while back I was 3 class trancon F, connecting to London in J. While at the connecting airport, I was denied FFD at first, had to gently and quietly stomp my proverbial feet before the FL desk attendant eventually let me in saying she'd make an exception. The rules on the website say 'departing flight' but seem to contradict and say 'same day' allows access. Anyone have anything spelled out more explicitly as to whether you have access to FFD on ARRIVAL or is it only technically on DEPARTURE?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by maat777
A while back I was 3 class trancon F, connecting to London in J. While at the connecting airport, I was denied FFD at first, had to gently and quietly stomp my proverbial feet before the FL desk attendant eventually let me in saying she'd make an exception. The rules on the website say 'departing flight' but seem to contradict and say 'same day' allows access. Anyone have anything spelled out more explicitly as to whether you have access to FFD on ARRIVAL or is it only technically on DEPARTURE?
AA has always allowed FD access on both ends of any AA metal 3-class F flight. Like a lot of things on aa.com the wording isn't exactly clear though as you pointed out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.