Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
ARCHIVE: New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge Coming to DFW Terminal D
Flagship Dining fully opened 3 Nov 2015 - hrs. 08:30 -
premium lounge still tba

The current thread is: DFW Flagship Dining (open Oct 2015)
This thread is the archived file for discussion, including speculation, about the possible addition of a new Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge at Dallas-Ft. Worth International. Terminal D, including the interim Flagship Dining.

NOTE: The previously designated smoking room in the Terminal D Admirals Club has been closed and refurbished as the interim Flagship Dining facility, 3 Nov 2015 specifically for dining (soft opening was 27 Oct). Wine, Champagne and beer are served; for other beverages, the Admirals Club bar will be used (chits are issued). (The Admirals Club itself will continue to serve as the lounge until the new premium lounge opens.)

From aa.com:

Flagship® Dining coming soon to DFW

Commencing November 3, select international passengers can enjoy exclusive access to Flagship® Dining, our premium dining experience inside our Terminal D Admirals Club® location at DFW.

Invited guests include passengers on eligible international itineraries (traveling to/from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City*) who are either:
  • Traveling in First Class on American Airlines or oneworld® marketed and operated flights, or
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or oneworld® Emerald members traveling in any cabin**
NOTES: Admission rules are standard Flagship Lounge rules (see above). Boarding passes will be stamped at the entrance desk to demonstrate admission qualification and/or invitation cards issued.

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City (and South Pacific, e.g. AKL, SYD) only.

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access.
See Gary Leff's take on the "FLD", the old DFW Flagship Lounge, etc. here.

For discussion about the lack of a Flagship Lounge at DFW, see Why is there no Flagship Lounge / FL at DFW? (consolidated)

Background: The DFW international terminal was previously Terminal A. The A Admirals Club offered both an Arrivals Lounge and a Flagship Lounge. These were closed after 11 September 2001; when the decision to make terminal D the c new in terminal, AA chose to build an expanded Admirals Club and omit both Flagship and Arrivals lounges. There is an AMEX Centurion lounge, and there are The Lounge at DFW and several contract lounges serving several airlines' passengers.

At DFW-A, the old Flagship Lounge still exists and is used for an occasional function or NR passenger; the old Arrivals Lounge is still there, and though no longer in service it's showers -arguably the most spacious and luxurious in the AA system - and small gym remain for knowing passenger's or member's use. Look for these facilities on your immediate left (FL) and right (AL) as you exit the elevators on the second (Club) floor.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, Flying Blue-Silver
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jcatman
11:00am.
Many thanks! Guess I'll get to try a little breakfast and a little lunch before my noon flight to LAX next month. All with some Krug, of course!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by PremiumSeat
Many thanks! Guess I'll get to try a little breakfast and a little lunch before my noon flight to LAX next month. All with some Krug, of course!
The Krug is a must. Drink up....they have lots.

If I was on the Noon flight next month, I'd enter Flagship Dining around 9:30-10:00am, and have a leisurely / relaxing breakfast. There's plenty to choose from on the morning menu, and champagne goes well with brunch. That will give you time to enjoy your meal, make a pit stop, and get to the gate at 11:30am to begin boarding.

Last Saturday, I did JFK Flagship First Dining around 1:30pm, trying the pear and spinach salad ^, and the pork chop . The pork chop took a long time, and paled in comparison to the pork chop currently being served at LAX FFD. Next time, I'm going for the ravioli.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Admirals Club Member, HHonors
Originally Posted by jcatman
The Krug is a must. Drink up....they have lots.
Next time, I'm going for the ravioli.
I'll be in next Friday around 1300; Not sure if they'll have it for lunch then, but that sounds terrific. Myfitnesspal will yell at me, but heck with it!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:16 pm

I booked an award ticket for my friend from LAX to JFK in first class... will she have access to Flagship dining at LAX?

How long before her flight should she get to LAX to be able to enjoy flagship dining but at the same time not spend too much time sitting around waiting. Her flight leaves at 11:30 AM...
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by acarney
I booked an award ticket for my friend from LAX to JFK in first class... will she have access to Flagship dining at LAX?

How long before her flight should she get to LAX to be able to enjoy flagship dining but at the same time not spend too much time sitting around waiting. Her flight leaves at 11:30 AM...
Yes she will have access. Really depends on how much time she wants to spend in the lounge. A 9am arrival should give her a solid 1.5 hrs of FD time.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by acarney

She'll absolutely have access. Doesn't matter if it's cash or miles. If her flight leaves at 11:30, assume boarding at 11, I would say getting to the airport at 9:15-9:30 is totally fine to give enough time for a leisurely breakfast, relax for a short bit, and then head for the gate. I've gotten to FFD even an 1:15 before my flight departed and had enough time for a meal, grab a bottle of water, and go.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HHonors Gold; IHG Platinum
Sam Chui is currently in the LAX FFD and is interviewing the executive chef John Anderson. AA PR folks have been trotting in and out as Sam samples the menu.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by thorofare
Sam Chui is currently in the LAX FFD and is interviewing the executive chef John Anderson. AA PR folks have been trotting in and out as Sam samples the menu.
They must have had a kitchen installed for the interview.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JonNYC
They must have had a kitchen installed for the interview.
Haha I remember that debate. I assumed there had to be a kitchen, so when that debate was raging I started questioning for a hot second. Then I was having a conversation with the bartender at FFD...a long, fascinating conversation about the construction of the lounge, and he mentioned without being prompted about their having to move some things to build the kitchen they wanted and needed for the lounge and FFD. And so I went for it and just asked, "So there's a full kitchen back there and everything?" He mouth politely said, "Of course!" but his face said, "What kind of an idiotic question is that?" I love that bartender.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:27 am

Hello,
Do pax who fly CX F out of JFK get to bring in a guest for FFD?
My parents are booked on the same CX flight out of JFK, but mom is in F while dad is in J.
I was wondering if they would be able to dine together inside the FFD area, which would be nice.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by agjil
Hello,
My parents are booked on the same CX flight out of JFK, but mom is in F while dad is in J.
I was wondering if they would be able to dine together inside the FFD area, which would be nice.
People have said no, but I've watched a trip report online that said it was OK to bring a guest into FFD on a CX F ticket. May depend on the agent, unfortunately...
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Gino Troian
People have said no, but I've watched a trip report online that said it was OK to bring a guest into FFD on a CX F ticket. May depend on the agent, unfortunately...
Thanks, it sounds like it's a YMMV situation.
I'll just tell them to try without much expectation.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Yes you can. I was in F and girlfriend in J about a week ago, and we were able to dine together in FFD.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Hello,
Thanks, it sounds like it's a YMMV situation.
I'll just tell them to try without much expectation.
Originally Posted by slappychasez

Yes you can. I was in F and girlfriend in J about a week ago, and we were able to dine together in FFD.
Here is a travel report in which SFO777 post his experience trying to enter FFD coming off a CK F flight.

Here is the text from travel report.

And then to the Flagship Lounge, where I had the most bizarre experience. Since Cathay Pacific has an arrangement with AA for its passenger to access Flagship First Dining, typically one can access First Dining on arrival when connecting to an AA flight. Either the policy has changed or the lounge dragon was having a bad day or was just uninformed. She looked like she'd seen an alien when I told her that I and others have previously access First Dining on arrival. She offered one excuse after another as to why I couldn't access from First Dining, from "I've never heard of that" to "I don't have any invitations". The final whopper was "since I used the Cathay Lounge in Vancouver, I couldn't use First Dining at JFK". Not that I was going to eat anyway since I was still completely stuffed from my dining orgy that only ended 3 hours earlier. I only wanted it to make sure I could still access and for the photo op.
So YMMV
Old Nov 24, 2018, 4:29 pm

Not sure, but what jumped out st me was that it was arrival from yvr with a continuation on AA domestically. So Canada to US which “historically” not offered lounge access unless continuing on an international flight.

The reports that I have seen were either canada to us connecting to London and access granted. Or obviously the other way us AA to jfk and cx to yvr, access granted. Or cx hkg jfk connecting to Aa domestically with acccess granted.

Definiteky a YMMV.

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Here is a travel report in which SFO777 post his experience trying to enter FFD coming off a CK F flight.

Here is the text from travel report.

So YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.