Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)

AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 11, 22, 1:14 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
American Airlines ConciergeKeySM / "CK" Program (by invitation only)
(Includes Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership)

NOTE: For questions such as "How can I get Concierge Key?" or "This is my spend: will I get CK?" Please refer to the How do I make / making AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK?thread

Also see AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019 status (out early 12/2018).


13 Apr 2020:
AAdvantage extends CK status is extended automatically until Jan 31, 2022.

"The ConciergeKey Program is an exclusive program that American Airlines has for our very top customers. This is by invitation only and a very exclusive club." (Billy Sanez for AA)

ConciergeKey Services are provided to a select group of VIPs to facilitate travel on AA. The program is offered on an invitation basis only and is targeted at customers who control travel policy for large organizations. Customers who generate a high amount of revenue for AA may also be invited into this program (possibly those who spend upwards of US$60k a year on travel with AA).

Services provided include airport escorts and pre-boarding (seems variable, more likely during OSO?); assistance with flight changes, seat changes, and upgrade requests via their own dedicated telephone line. In addition, there is the ability to communicate directly with ConciergeKey associates via a dedicated email address. ConciergeKeySM representatives will also monitor day of travel of ConciergeKey members and will proactively reroute or rebook travel when necessary. ConciergeKey status allows check-in at First Class counters, as well as access to elite lines through security at certain airports. Miles and copay upgrades with copay waived.

ConciergeKey is now a distinct elite tier, above Executive Platinum. ConciergeKey benefits include membership to the Admirals Club, international miles upgrades with copayment waived, as well as two additional System-Wide Upgrades (SWU's) as part of CK membership.

CK members have access to Flagship Check-in on any flight, and CK will have Flagship Lounge access when flying a OneWorld airline.

As of 1 Jan 2017, Concierge Key members have upgrade requests prioritized over all other tiers: CK members have an upgrade window of (up to) 120 hours (Executive Platinum member's will retain the 100 hour upgrade window). CK members will board ahead of other passengers.

Regarding Concierge Key tier benefits coming in 2017, please see: New Concierge Key Benefits for 2017: New CK Elite Status Tier

Please: do respect members' privacy by refraining from asking for overly personal information and details relating to ConciergeKey membership or nomination. If your question receives no response, consider the member chooses not to reply, as is his/her right.

Boarding Area's AAdvantageGeek's blog shows the card and documents here.

Previous threads:
ConciergeKey AA Premium Service (ARCHIVED)
ARCHIVED: AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK (2014 consolidated)

Updated 18 Aug 2019 by ikwia to reflect CK being a distinct elite tier and to clarify the FL access requirement
Updated 25 Jul 2017 by JDiver


Print Wikipost

Old Oct 22, 16, 12:04 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: PHL and beyond
Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by george 3 View Post
Don't forget about the superior phone agent service and email contact at AA for useful tasks as flight changes / re-routing for delays, etc.
As far as I can tell when you call in to the CK line, you get similar Premium Services folks that you get when you call the EXP line. They're just as awesome as each other.

For example, before I was CK, I was traveling with a coworker and the flight DFW-PHL got cancelled due to a storm on the East Coast. I called the EXP desk and they rerouted us both that night to EWR. He was PLT and got a call a half hour later offering a flight 2 days later!

What you also get with CK is someone at the airport, watching your itinerary and proactively rebooking it. I've had a call when the flight was boarding to ask if everything is OK (I was stood 10 yards away at the time ).
jmappleby is offline  
Old Oct 27, 16, 4:50 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Malibu, CA
Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Posts: 1,129
Question more saver award availability?

Was on phone with CK today looking at AA flights on AA metal and was told CK has no added benefits over EXP Expanded Saver Award availability. They said they absolutely do not ever open up saver awards for CK on AA metal...I thought I had heard differently? Was i wrong or bad agent?
JBauer is offline  
Old Oct 27, 16, 6:00 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madison WI
Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Posts: 2,053
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Was on phone with CK today looking at AA flights on AA metal and was told CK has no added benefits over EXP Expanded Saver Award availability. They said they absolutely do not ever open up saver awards for CK on AA metal...I thought I had heard differently? Was i wrong or bad agent?
Had never heard THAT one (CK does have Copay waiver on mileage upgrade awards), but then I'm not CK. As you appear to be, you might want to update your profile.
Madison Guy is offline  
Old Oct 27, 16, 6:33 pm
  #34  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Was on phone with CK today looking at AA flights on AA metal and was told CK has no added benefits over EXP Expanded Saver Award availability. They said they absolutely do not ever open up saver awards for CK on AA metal...I thought I had heard differently? Was i wrong or bad agent?
They sometimes open up space, if you're nice. They once opened up a F JFK=LAX when there was a schedule change, but thats it. I rarely fly award AA metal!
surftb15 is offline  
Old Oct 28, 16, 9:24 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Posts: 2,790
Originally Posted by jmappleby View Post
What you also get with CK is someone at the airport, watching your itinerary and proactively rebooking it. I've had a call when the flight was boarding to ask if everything is OK (I was stood 10 yards away at the time ).
This is pretty much the service I missed the most after I was dropped. The agents were three steps ahead giving options and emailing them with the rebook.
george 3 is offline  
Old Nov 6, 16, 8:11 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NYC
Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHoners Gold, SPG Gold, National ExecElite, Hertz PC, Avis First
Posts: 201
While at JFK waiting out an MX on my flight to London, I called what I thought was the EP line and when the agent answered he said Concereige Key Desk. I didn't think to ask if I had made it, and now I am left wondering...

Thinking about the several calls I made today to AA for various reasons, no one said EXP desk... everyone else just said their name and how are you Mr. Yipster... is this a sign?

Has the CK desk been known to answer non CK calls or is there a chance I am in the club? How can I find out for certain?
theYipster is offline  
Old Nov 6, 16, 8:32 pm
  #37  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FIND ME ON TWITTER FOR THE LATEST
Posts: 27,733
Originally Posted by theYipster View Post
While at JFK waiting out an MX on my flight to London, I called what I thought was the EP line and when the agent answered he said Concereige Key Desk. I didn't think to ask if I had made it, and now I am left wondering...

Thinking about the several calls I made today to AA for various reasons, no one said EXP desk... everyone else just said their name and how are you Mr. Yipster... is this a sign?

Has the CK desk been known to answer non CK calls or is there a chance I am in the club? How can I find out for certain?
The CK/EP phone agents are interchangeable, it'd really just about how that answer the phone.
JonNYC is offline  
Old Nov 7, 16, 8:05 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: PHL and beyond
Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by JonNYC View Post
The CK/EP phone agents are interchangeable, it'd really just about how that answer the phone.
Not just how they answer the phone... HUCA is your friend, even with CK
jmappleby is offline  
Old Nov 13, 16, 5:19 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: PHL and beyond
Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 243
Quick note that I finally got my CK letter through today, and the expiration of my card is 01/31/18. Looks like renewal letters are coming?
jmappleby is offline  
Old Nov 13, 16, 6:12 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: DFW, SFO
Programs: AA CK, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier
Posts: 14
Just wondering if you have a rough idea of when invitation letters go out?
b2fly is offline  
Old Nov 13, 16, 6:26 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: PHL and beyond
Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by b2fly View Post
Just wondering if you have a rough idea of when invitation letters go out?
I'm afraid not, just hoping to help by providing a data point. Another data point - whilst my card is until 01/18, the package was the 2016 letter package and wasn't updated with the 2017 program.
jmappleby is offline  
Old Nov 13, 16, 6:42 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: DFW, SFO
Programs: AA CK, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by jmappleby View Post
I'm afraid not, just hoping to help by providing a data point. Another data point - whilst my card is until 01/18, the package was the 2016 letter package and wasn't updated with the 2017 program.
Thanks. I was hoping to see if i would make it this year because i am pushing 310K Eqm and about 80k spend with maybe a couple more international trips. If i don't I am probably looking to switch over to UA.
b2fly is offline  
Old Nov 13, 16, 8:41 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: PHL and beyond
Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by b2fly View Post
Thanks. I was hoping to see if i would make it this year because i am pushing 310K Eqm and about 80k spend with maybe a couple more international trips. If i don't I am probably looking to switch over to UA.
What proportion of that is AA metal? It seems from earlier messages like you could discard code shares and oneWorld segments for the purposes of the discussion. How many butt in seat miles does that correspond to?

Here's 3 scenarios for the $80k/320k EQM flyer:

1) 320k miles of discount Y AA metal (low profit)
2) 5x Longhaul J on Cathay, $20k of discount Y AA domestic (low profit for AA...)
3) 7x LAX-LHR RT in F on AA metal plus some domestic (high revenue and profit)

What I mean to say is $ and EQM alone may not be an indicator of a CK customer...
jmappleby is offline  
Old Nov 13, 16, 9:39 pm
  #44  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: DFW, SFO
Programs: AA CK, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by jmappleby View Post
What proportion of that is AA metal? It seems from earlier messages like you could discard code shares and oneWorld segments for the purposes of the discussion. How many butt in seat miles does that correspond to?

Here's 3 scenarios for the $80k/320k EQM flyer:

1) 320k miles of discount Y AA metal (low profit)
2) 5x Longhaul J on Cathay, $20k of discount Y AA domestic (low profit for AA...)
3) 7x LAX-LHR RT in F on AA metal plus some domestic (high revenue and profit)

What I mean to say is $ and EQM alone may not be an indicator of a CK customer...
A lot of last minute domestic and international so i doubt its discounted tickets. Mostly J and some D. 4 RT flights DFW to DEL. Im guessing the LHR to DEL won't count since it is AA codeshare on BA. Besides from the LHR to DEL segments and HKG to SIN on CX, everything else is all AA metal. I haven't kept track of BIS but i would say about 140k this year combined. I try to fly AA metal as much as possible but it is impossible since they don't go to certain places like India.

Here are my intl flights this year: Dunno how to calculate how much goes towards codeshare so ill just give the full price plus tax and fees.
DFW to ICN - 7k
DFW To HKG to SIN- 17k
DFW to LHR to HAJ - $4k Y fare.
DFW to LHR to DEL 3x - LHR to DEL Codeshare on BA - Average of 9k ea.
DFW to HKG to BOM -6.7k
DFW to LHR to GLA - 10k

The rest is all last min domestic Y on AA metal. I guess it kind of sucks since not to many options to DEL on AA. I would fly to HKG more to go but the price doesn't make sense to go thru HKG last min majority of the time of 16k.

Last edited by b2fly; Nov 13, 16 at 11:20 pm
b2fly is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 5:25 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: PHL and beyond
Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by b2fly View Post
A lot of last minute domestic and international so i doubt its discounted tickets. Mostly J and some D. 4 RT flights DFW to DEL. Im guessing the LHR to DEL won't count since it is AA codeshare on BA. Besides from the LHR to DEL segments and HKG to SIN on CX, everything else is all AA metal. I haven't kept track of BIS but i would say about 140k this year combined. I try to fly AA metal as much as possible but it is impossible since they don't go to certain places like India.
Right. If you look at UA and AA's programs alike, they seem to favor folks who fly on AA metal and codes. Sounds like a lot of your spend is on other airlines: even if there is a codeshare, that is not AA metal. Possible that from an AA-centric perspective, you're not that profitable. Only they have that formula.

Despite that, it might be worth a call to Advantage Customer Services to ask if they can put you forward for a review. They may or may not... since CK is an invite-only program.

Given your high number of EQMs, you will be at the top of the EXP upgrade list on most flights once the EQD scheme comes in.
jmappleby is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread