Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA MM, Starwood LTG
Yes, I have been getting this all day long, but only in Firefox from a specific computer. No ideas yet.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Any of lockoutees have an all # AAdv #?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OsoJoe
I can't even get to aa.com

The URL redirects to http://validate-sjc.www.aa.com/?v_lo...obileUAFlag=AA and I get a "This webpage is not available"
I get validate-sjc... in Chrome, but can access aa.com without a problem in Internet Explorer. Try an alternative browser.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA lifetime plat 2.5 million
Is AA.com not working?

I'm trying to check on some booking. AA.com switches over to "validate-sjc.www.aa.com" and then drops off. Anyone else with this problem?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA MM, Starwood LTG
try clearing the cache

Am using Firefox. Using a private window worked. Looked at what private windows do and one of the things is they do not use the cache.

Cleared my cache and no more problems.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by phillyjoe
I'm trying to check on some booking. AA.com switches over to "validate-sjc.www.aa.com" and then drops off. Anyone else with this problem?
Yes, same problem. I tried a different browser and then it worked.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Firefox is not working for me either. I tried Safari and it works just fine. (just don't try to set up new PNRs using Safari--messes up the pricing IME)
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by phillyjoe
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Yes, same problem. I tried a different browser and then it worked.
Or just clear cache, cookies, etc - then it worked for me as well.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:02 pm

Emptied history--now ok.

Using safari, I emptied my history and then it worked fine.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:03 pm

Clear history, empty cache

Using safari, I emptied my history and then it worked fine.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: aa exp and ck, spg plat, hz pc, dl life gld, marriott life plat, others
All numeric AA number and locked out. No US account at all.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Any of lockoutees have an all # AAdv #?
Originally Posted by eightmillionmiler
All numeric AA number and locked out. No US account at all.
Ja, receiving several report of all-numeric accounts being a specific problem.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Separately, this will help some:

http://www.travelingbetter.com/showt...3289#post43289
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Locked out too. With safari and Firefox, on iPad and laptop. Sent email to AA web services. They told me to try logging in with US air number. That didn't work, tried changing password, that didn't work, called AA, they couldn't fix it and were of no help. They said maybe in a couple of days it would work. That is really ridiculous. In the mean time I'm locked out of my accounts on both AA and US Air. But I can access our flights just fine with my husband's accounts. Same server, no problems.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TxTrav
Locked out too. With safari and Firefox, on iPad and laptop. Sent email to AA web services. They told me to try logging in with US air number. That didn't work, tried changing password, that didn't work, called AA, they couldn't fix it and were of no help. They said maybe in a couple of days it would work. That is really ridiculous. In the mean time I'm locked out of my accounts on both AA and US Air. But I can access our flights just fine with my husband's accounts. Same server, no problems.
Just to be sure, you tried this:
An AAdvantage member would login using his/her Dividend Miles number and the AAdvantage password

A Dividend Miles member would use his/her AAdvantage number and the AAdvantage password

The password to login with will always be the AAdvantage password.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.