Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:30 am

Is anyone else having issues with online award ticket bookings? When I add passenger info and go to the next screen it gives unavailable. Seems to be impacting only itineraries with US legs. Obviously there could be system changes in play, though it seems odd to be doing that right now.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 11:21 am

aa.com glitch, can not book former US flights

Trying to book a domestic RT. None of the former US flights are in the booking engine after October. I'm trying to explain this to web support and they don't understand the issue.

Is there a major upgrade going on or something that is omitting half of the AA schedule?

EDIT: Got a supervisor on the phone. The "drain down" is going on right now and the schedule should be restored Sunday.

Last edited by saaveraward; Jul 18, 2015 at 11:26 am
Old Jul 18, 2015, 11:33 am

Yeah, I see the same thing, also for award flights. I have a PHX-ATL award flight on hold at the moment that I need to ticket by Monday. I'm worried if I try to click purchase now it will not book since the flight seems not to exist in the AA system at the moment. Hopefully, it will be ok on Monday.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by lkar
Yeah, I see the same thing, also for award flights. I have a PHX-ATL award flight on hold at the moment that I need to ticket by Monday. I'm worried if I try to click purchase now it will not book since the flight seems not to exist in the AA system at the moment. Hopefully, it will be ok on Monday.
Yeah, ditto for awards and revenue tickets.

Just got a "call back" from reservations (I placed it first and then called web services). She knew exactly what it was before I even said anything. She said the upgrade is overnight and all will be restored Monday at the latest.

You would think there would be a note on the home page telling customers nearly half your schedule for six months is unavailable.

Last edited by saaveraward; Jul 18, 2015 at 11:48 am
Old Jul 18, 2015, 3:15 pm

Ah, ok, so finally people are talking about this. Good to know I'm not insane. I've been dealing with issues of this sort all week dealing with booking awards using former metal after the transition date. On Thursday I could select flights and then it would error out after the passenger info screen. Yesterday it would say the flight no longer exists once selected. AA metal and US metal before the October transition were fine, but US metal on dates after were not.

On Thursday when an error was going on I had to show it to web services via screen-share to get them to approve a waiver of the phone booking fee. An agent was able to see and hold the flights, but I haven't tried to ticket the itinerary. The post above about the system transitioning makes me wonder if it's going to go poof when I try to ticket it through.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 3:53 pm

Well it's coming back. Hopefully steps at a time. The routes I needed which had plenty of saaver availability before (every day of the month was available) now only show anytime awards in Y and J after October.

Last edited by saaveraward; Jul 18, 2015 at 3:59 pm
Old Jul 18, 2015, 11:31 pm

The big schedule change is this weekend, should all be back to normal by Monday morning.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 2:51 pm

We'll see...as a poster notes above, flights that had SAAver availability last week are now coming back as AAnytime. From a technical perspective, a system refresh would probably be a good time for another round of stealth devaluations...
Old Jul 19, 2015, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by arlflyer
We'll see...as a poster notes above, flights that had SAAver availability last week are now coming back as AAnytime. From a technical perspective, a system refresh would probably be a good time for another round of stealth devaluations...
No.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
No.
I'll believe you, but it's tough these days...it doesn't seem like we see many positive developments on the award availability front...
Old Jul 19, 2015, 3:57 pm
Suspended

I'll believe you, but it's tough these days...it doesn't seem like we see many positive developments on the award availability front...
Agreed!
Old Jul 19, 2015, 5:17 pm

It's a glitch... and still glitched. If you search city pair awards serviced only by pmUS like CLT-CHS, saaver doesn't even come up as an option/button after October.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
They do for me. Saver, US-operated, US-coded, on aa.com in early September, the first week I tried.

Old Jul 19, 2015, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
They do for me. Saver, US-operated, US-coded, on aa.com in early September, the first week I tried.

This only applies AFTER US flight numbers go away in mid October

Scroll forward in the calendar and you'll see the sAAver buttons disappear.

Last edited by saaveraward; Jul 19, 2015 at 5:54 pm
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:44 pm

Previously missing pmUS flights on AA.com now seem to list correctly as AA metal after 10/17, but all BA/IB/AY codeshares of pmUS flights after 10/17 are still AWOL...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.