Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by saaveraward
This only applies AFTER US flight numbers go away in mid October

Scroll forward in the calendar and you'll see the sAAver buttons disappear.
I misread your earlier post. My mistake. Yes, still glicthed on CLT-CHS in saver, coach and first, in October after 10/14.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I misread your earlier post. My mistake. Yes, still glicthed on CLT-CHS in saver, coach and first, in October after 10/14.
No worries. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:58 am

US metal inventory that I was looking at last week is back, rebadged as AA flights, and also moved from SAAver to AAnytime...
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
US metal inventory that I was looking at last week is back, rebadged as AA flights, and also moved from SAAver to AAnytime...
Yup, same. I was looking at PHX-ATL flights next year, and there was lots of saver availability on pretty much every day I was looking. There still is on AA metal, but all the pmUS flights (the only nonstops) now have all moved from saver to anytime. Really frustrating. I doubt this was intentional, but who knows if it's a priority to fix. Maybe it's a message that I shouldn't have been redeeming for 2.2 cents per mile anyway and should pay cash!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:25 pm

sAAvers post 10/17 on pmUS flights are back!

WOO HOO!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:04 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The PHX-HNL/LIH/OGG/KOA-PHX flights are all still missing in both directions on October 16 under the US and AA codes. They are there on 15 October and back again on 17 October under the AA code.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
Trying to view any of my reservations right now generates this:

We are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to display your reservation at this time.
Please try again.
...which is particularly aggravating since I want to check in for (and, hopefully, SDC) my flight which departs in a few hours. Guess I'll just head to the airport and do it in person.

Last edited by rjw242; Jul 27, 2015 at 7:27 am
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
This is strange. Looking at flights on 12/2 or 12/3 AUS-NYC and nothing departing AUS after 1pm appears. The flights AUS-DFW (and other hubs) exists with inventory for sale on EF. And the theoretical connections from DFW (and other hubs) to NYC exist with inventory for sale on EF. But the AUS-XXX-NYC itineraries simply aren't appearing for sale on these days.

There is at least one later itinerary (and should be more) for sale on 12/1, but none on 12/2 or 12/3.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:33 pm

Phone/System issue?

Just so you know, there is a problem with passing the AA number to the EXP desk at the moment. If you get your number in, the line will get cut off. You have to bypass the identification system, get to the EXP desk, and identify yourself that way. They are fixing the problem now.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Ive been looking for awards, in this case AAnytime awards....

When I look at awards in the "Calendar View" you can select Milesvaer or Anytime...economy, business or first.

So I select First, every day shows up in purple, and the miles for each day is shown.

This is anytime, LAX-SYD...so either 180k or 210k

Oddly, every Sunday shows 180k...but if you select that day, the 'miles needed' will compute and display at 180k...but then if you proceed to the 'pick flight' page the miles are then changed to 210k.

(also one day on the calendar is displayed at "0k"...what a deal)

Here's the thing- I am in Pacific time. If I change my computer time to Eastern, reboot the browser, the miles are then displayed properly!

With the computer set on pacific time the display shows Thur, Fri Sat as 210k. The truth is Fri Sat Sun at 210k.

Change the browser to match eastern time..... all is well.

*NB- this is for a booking 200+ days from today!

Odd eh?

Last edited by Exec_Plat; Aug 2, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Went to in to check on a couple reservations this morning, I've been receiving this message all day so far:

Notice:
We are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to display your reservation at this time.
Please try again.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by cmd320
Went to in to check on a couple reservations this morning, I've been receiving this message all day so far:

Notice:
Please try again.
+1
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by cmd320

Notice:
Please try again.
No problem here. I've been reviewing, changing, and making new reservations over a period of at least an hour this morning.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
been driving me nuts... cant select seats or do much with the reservations I made this AM. Meh.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
"My Trips" has been loading very slowly the last few days, and in some cases timing out. Also, the option to reserve my meal is gone (I've already done it, but it's surprising nonetheless). Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited by zpaul; Aug 4, 2015 at 10:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.