Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2015, 9:34 am

I experienced multiple problems with AA's website in trying to book a three-stop itinerary inside the US. First it would not allow me to make seat selections after the first segment, with an error message that I needed to update a Javascript application in Firefox (I don't have Firefox; I use Safari on a Mac); and when I skipped seat selection and went to the confirm page, the "Select payment method" section of the page does not load--dead end on the reservation.

After three tries, I gave up and made the same booking on USAirways' site, combining 3 USAir segments and 3 AA segments, and the booking worked (almost) perfectly. Only problem is that they send you back to the AA.com site for seat selection on AA metal segments.

AA should really be doing better than this!
Old Jun 13, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by DCFlyerguy
I experienced multiple problems with AA's website in trying to book a three-stop itinerary inside the US. First it would not allow me to make seat selections after the first segment, with an error message that I needed to update a Javascript application in Firefox (I don't have Firefox; I use Safari on a Mac); and when I skipped seat selection and went to the confirm page, the "Select payment method" section of the page does not load--dead end on the reservation.

After three tries, I gave up and made the same booking on USAirways' site, combining 3 USAir segments and 3 AA segments, and the booking worked (almost) perfectly. Only problem is that they send you back to the AA.com site for seat selection on AA metal segments.

AA should really be doing better than this!
I have found mixed AA/US itineraries to be a total nightmare with respect to everything from seat selection to checkin to customer service. I go to great lengths to avoid them at this point.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Apparently the mobile site is down or something because I get an error message when trying to access aa.com via iPhone. Of course, because it automatically redirects to the stupid mobile site, I can't get to the option to click to redirect to the proper site and I have holds expiring at midnight. Lovely.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:25 pm

Whereas I was able to book AA flights on USAirways' site, my travel companion, booking with miles, was directed from USAir to AA.com to book flights on miles. No luck--the confirm page churns away, but no payment page--game over.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA, onePass
I have an award flight booked and ticketed 10/25/2014 AA DFW-EWR- BA EWR-LHR that is now showing On Request !!!!!

I have email from AA on October 2014 with ticket numbers! Flight is in mid-September.

Hold times are 60 minutes.....what is going on???
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:04 pm

I got on AA's site today to get seat assignments on the three AA metal segments on a multi-city itinerary I had booked on USAirways' site a few days ago. I selected seats, but then they would not save. My reservation, when I went back in to read it, shows no seat selection on those three flights.

Then I called AA and got elevator music for a half-hour--gave up. Maybe if I call them in the middle of the night I might get lucky.

Even for our generally crappy US carriers, this is ridiculous--and a great way to make sure I never choose AA again!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I got on AA's site today to get seat assignments on the three AA metal segments on a multi-city itinerary I had booked on USAirways' site a few days ago.
This is the first thing you did wrong. Never book AA flights via US or US flights via AA. It's just a mess. Best to book them all separate.

Then I called AA and got elevator music for a half-hour--gave up.
This is the second thing you did wrong. Ever since AA transitioned to its 'new' phone system, trying to call them is completely pointless.

Even for our generally crappy US carriers, this is ridiculous--and a great way to make sure I never choose AA again!
This is pretty accurate. AA has some of the worst customer service I've experienced lately.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by cmd320
This is the first thing you did wrong. Never book AA flights via US or US flights via AA. It's just a mess. Best to book them all separate.

This is the second thing you did wrong. Ever since AA transitioned to its 'new' phone system, trying to call them is completely pointless.

This is pretty accurate. AA has some of the worst customer service I've experienced lately.
I've found once you can get through the customer service is quite good. But getting through to them is a BIG problem. I sent them a complaint about it and I got a stupid canned reply, but I think the complaint will at least get tallied as a phone problem. Everyone else should complain as well.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
Online Check in notification -

Received my online check in notification for tomorrows flight.

Showed LAX -JFK flight 292

Only problem is I'm going to Chicago 2392

Called EXP - they said they are having this problem a lot - aware of it and trying to fix.

The reservation was correct in the system, no problem checking in.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage Platinum Pro
AA.COM and AA app acting bizarre

Anyone else seeing odd reservations in your aa.com account or on the app?

One reservation I have for October is showing up as September.

Another reservation is showing up for a flight I didn't even book.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
AA.COM and AA app acting bizarre

The only thing I see so far it's not showing my seats even though I have already selected them
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I have a res for July 19, it says my res is tomorrow and I can OLCI.

It's for the US segments of my AA ticket.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:16 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
I have several July flights showing up as June flights. Freaked me out - I thought I booked incorrect dates.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:17 pm

It's showing a random trip on June 29 that I didn't book. It shows no actual details, but a record locator, when I click on it, it boots me to USAir website and then I get :

We're sorry
Please enter your departure date. If you continue to receive this message, call 800-327-7810 for assistance.

A trip I booked for October 14, is now showing up in the trips section as September 14. But when it boots me to USAir site and I search using the record locator for the flight, it actually gives me the right flight info and departures.

Really bizarre.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by LINDEGR
I have several July flights showing up as June flights. Freaked me out - I thought I booked incorrect dates.
I did too. We have flights in July and they're showing up as June and I got all panicked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.