Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by cmd320
Thanks for the MC tip! Just booked what I wanted at the same price via MC sorted by schedule.
👍🏻 enjoy your trip to NY too.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:07 pm

Programs: QFWP; HH Diamond
AA Bookings Down?

Hey all,

Been trying to book some flights but always get a System Error from AA after selecting the flights and logging in. It's been like this for several hours now.

Anyone else getting these errors?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by cirqueboy
Hey all,

Been trying to book some flights but always get a System Error from AA after selecting the flights and logging in. It's been like this for several hours now.

No I just held one for may
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:45 pm

Programs: QFWP; HH Diamond
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Hey all,

Try searching multi-city by schedule for the same flights. You'll see a few posts upthread that both myself and wrp96 were having the same issue.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: WFBF
Both AA and US websites and mobile apps erroring on login for me now. AA just keeps showing login page; US at least shows an error.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: WFBF
...and working now.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:51 am
WLT

Originally Posted by wrp96
I've been trying to make a booking for several hours. Get to the screen where you enter your info and when I hit continue it says this portion of the system is unavailable. Getting frustrated because the itinerary I want is at a great price and I need to put in hold while someone else makes sure she can coordinate flights with me.

Twelve hours later and still can't book a flight on AA.com. And since I need to put it on hold, using another method won't help.
Hey all,

I have been having a similar problem for the last several weeks.

When I try to book a flight on aa.com, it let's me select teh flight I want but as soon as I go to the next screen, I get an error saying, "The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available. Please modify your request.". However, when I go to the usairways.com website, I can book the exact same flights for the exact same fare. This happens with several different computers and using several different web browsers, including serveral different versions of MSIE, Chrome and even Firefox and trying Multi-City does seem to work.

The one thing I will say is that at least one leg of the itinerary I am trying to book was (is?) is on US Airways metal. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Regardless, has anyone else had this issue and, if so, is there any way to get around it (besides from booking on the US Airways website, that is)?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:31 am

win 8/64 with ie10 - STILL, after 5 days with a phone call & web form & twitter) it thinks its in compatibility mode (back to ie9) and wont display and free flights.

But if you go through the US site and click "book award seats" you can get it to produce them.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WLT
I have been having a similar problem for the last several weeks.

When I try to book a flight on aa.com, it let's me select teh flight I want but as soon as I go to the next screen, I get an error saying, "The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available. Please modify your request.". However, when I go to the usairways.com website, I can book the exact same flights for the exact same fare. This happens with several different computers and using several different web browsers, including serveral different versions of MSIE, Chrome and even Firefox and trying Multi-City does seem to work.

The one thing I will say is that at least one leg of the itinerary I am trying to book was (is?) is on US Airways metal. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Regardless, has anyone else had this issue and, if so, is there any way to get around it (besides from booking on the US Airways website, that is)?
In my case, no US flights were involved - in fact I tried multiple combinations of flights to LGA, EWR, and to JFK - failed on all of them. It occurred not after selecting the flights, but after the screen where you enter the passenger information. The message would be that "This portion of the system is unavailable. Try again in a few minutes."

And it only occurs when I'm trying to book flights to NYC. I've booked multiple other itineraries this week with no issues at all.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:29 am

I can buy tickets. I cant redeem miles. Tested across a wide range of mileage of requirements to different destinations.

The ultimate decline in a FF program.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Summary for April 24th

I can redeem miles for domestic filghts.

I can't redeem miles for International flights.

Booking Paid Flights
Generally I can book all paid flights.

Tried a variety of web browsers
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Friends tried to book their tickets to NYC today and reported problem as well.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA.com doesn't want me to book for other people now. Trying to book using miles for a friend and no matter what I do, it tries to revert to my name on the reservation. Been holding for web services for 30 minutes now.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Not really down but, for an open-jaw trip with a couple of code shares, AA.com was quoting $150 more than either ITA or AA phone agents themselves. I bought over the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.