Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:19 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nothing to see here. the SAN - DFW flights will reappear on Sunday.

AA loads schedule changes on Saturday night that results in a) flights being removed (makes it seem like aa is dropping routes) and then b) flights being added.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
had no idea...was thinking of booking something tonight but will wait until tomorrow
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:55 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Everything is back. June 19 shows 9 AA flights on SAN - DFW
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
2 hours trying to make it work unsuccessfully... havent been able to book a flight or check my acoount
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've been unable to login for over 5 hours now.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
tried with 3 different browsers - nada - with flights to both confirm and book.... was the site scheduled to be down???
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Sit-and-spin on aa.com. On the Android mobile app, this message:

We're working on our systems. Account access may be unavailable and the site may be slower than usual.
Update: aa.com finally did display a login page. Both aa.com and the mobile site now display this when trying to log in:

Access to your account is unavailable

We're working on our site, and account access is unavailable. Please come back soon to book award travel or manage your account.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:01 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Posted by JDiver on another thread:

Originally Posted by JDiver
Friends,

AA and US FFPs are currently merging into the AAdvantage program. 100 million accounts are involved, with myriad details to be migrated and justified.

Many times we've experienced that during weekend batch processes, our accounts may not be available, or show as zeroed out. This is "the mother of batch processes", so instead of Saturday - Sunday account blackouts, it could last longer.

<snip>

Expect this through the weekend, with possible breakthrough periods (or not), and possible recurrent thumps and bumps occasionally from under the hood.

In the meantime, try using your apps.

And: Some of this is discussed in Gary Leff's interview with AA's Suzanne Rubin here.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Changes noticed:

1. Website now also requests you last name when logging in.
Why? In case someone has your account number and password, but not your last name?

2. US Airways flights now show up. When selected, it automatically redirects you to the US Airways site.
3. Something is screwed up. Here is the first part of my listing of reservations, showing a flight on hold until 3/31/15 :
04/17/15 LAX On Request on 03/31/14
Apparently I am a year late in buying my ticket.

Last edited by mvoight; Mar 29, 2015 at 12:09 am
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
It finally is working for me, I took me 4-5 hours to be able to log on into my account.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by mvoight
1. Website now also requests you last name when logging in.
Why? In case someone has your account number and password, but not your last name?
Right. With AA + US accounts merger, AA figures there is a nonzero chance that this could happen.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:27 pm

Locked out of AA.Com

I have been locked out of the AA.com website and am unable to change my password. So far neither the AA IT Dept. or Aadvantage has been able to help. Any one else having similar difficulties?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I can't even get to aa.com

The URL redirects to http://validate-sjc.www.aa.com/?v_lo...obileUAFlag=AA and I get a "This webpage is not available"
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by springpa
I have been locked out of the AA.com website and am unable to change my password. So far neither the AA IT Dept. or Aadvantage has been able to help. Any one else having similar difficulties?
Yes, same. It was reported last night, by a very competent agent to whom I was speaking, as a "defect" which I believe is a prioritized level of "really bad problem that needs to be fixed."
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by springpa
Did you have a US account that was matched? I think everyone has one of their two accounts locked out permanently.

Assuming you have different usernames/passwords for US and AA, did you try logging in with both sets of credentials?

For the account that survived and was not disabled, you should be able to use one of the following for your username (regardless of the survived account is AA or US):

- AAdvantage number
- USDM number
- User name (might be your e-mail address but could be a non-email name)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.