Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:47 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Lately I've (also) been seeing the message:
Notice: We are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to display your reservation at this time. Please try again.
I thought it might be computer/browser related, but I get it on my ipad and computers in AC's, Amex Centurion lounges, etc.
[Even though I subscribe to EF and have "SWU alerts" in place I still check the related itns on aa.com--hoping to see a (similar) message noting that the details of the reservation can't be shown--indicating that my upg has cleared.]
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:45 pm

Here's a mystery. In my online summary my "Ending Balance" is xxx,595, but my "Total Available Award Mileage" is xxx,597. I guess the extra 2 miles are a Christmas bonus?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Not able to get into the website:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
website mess?

we know the website has been really buggy lately but is anyone else having serious issues lately?

last night i called to re-book a flight. this morning the original and new flights disappeared from my profile. because no confirmation email had been sent, they could not find it--though my amex was charged. after calling the exp desk twice, a woman found it.

two additional flights that show as ticketed on my profile (purchased last night) still have yet to yield an email confirmation. of course when i went to look 20mins ago, one flight disappeared and i had to recall it via the locater which i had thanks to a screenshot (because i knew something would go awry).
Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:14 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by VSLover
we know the website has been really buggy lately but is anyone else having serious issues lately?

last night i called to re-book a flight. this morning the original and new flights disappeared from my profile. because no confirmation email had been sent, they could not find it--though my amex was charged. after calling the exp desk twice, a woman found it.

two additional flights that show as ticketed on my profile (purchased last night) still have yet to yield an email confirmation. of course when i went to look 20mins ago, one flight disappeared and i had to recall it via the locater which i had thanks to a screenshot (because i knew something would go awry).
As there's an extant thread discussing website issues, I'll merge this post in.

~Moderator
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: free agent
I made a reservation yesterday afternoon, AmEx was charged almost instantly.
Got the locator code (screenshot), never received a confirmation email.

Checked last night on aa.com - reservation says "ticketed", so all looks good.

This morning - still no confirmation email and I go to look up the reservation - it's gone. Try to pull it up by locator code - "We are experiencing technical difficulties and cannot display your reservation"

What's going on? Is this the shape of things to come?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by AlphaTango
I made a reservation yesterday afternoon, AmEx was charged almost instantly.
Got the locator code (screenshot), never received a confirmation email.

Checked last night on aa.com - reservation says "ticketed", so all looks good.

This morning - still no confirmation email and I go to look up the reservation - it's gone. Try to pull it up by locator code - "We are experiencing technical difficulties and cannot display your reservation"

What's going on? Is this the shape of things to come?
ok well at least its good to know im not the only one thinking im crazy

exactly what is happening.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
I also booked a flight last night (1/13) and didn't receive a confirmation email. I called up AA and they didn't know of any problem but they had someone else's email address associated to my ticket. They corrected it and said they sent out a new email but I have yet to receive it.

I had to book the flight logged out because the website refused to recognize my US status.

Ugh, now that I look at the website my reservation status is still "Ticket pending."
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:11 am

yes, three calls to the Exp desk and three alleged emails sent. none received. and still not showing in my profile yet they claim it is all ticketed!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
booked three tickets this week,and did not receive any email receipts.
i've called and they said they've all been sent.
Really annoying, as I need to forward these.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Put a ticket on hold yesterday (while colleague figured out her flights).
No e-mail rec'd for this.
Paid for the ticket this morning-no e-mail confirmation rec'd.
When I logged in to pay for the ticket, seats selected yesterday had vanished.

Wonder how much Discount Dougie is saving on this latest 'enhancement'?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
It seems AA account logins are currently disabled.

Regarding balance discrepancies, note that sometimes there are adjustments that AA doesn't always note in your account online. Therefore, you cannot see them but it's reflected in your available balance.
You can try calling AAdvantage to see if there have been any adjustments made in your account not shown in your statement. The agent may have to look hard because sometimes they are not clearly shown from their end or even dated. That may account for the discrepancies seen in some cases.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
booked three tickets this week,and did not receive any email receipts.
i've called and they said they've all been sent.
Really annoying, as I need to forward these.
Data point: I finally got my confirmation email, 3 days after I booked the flight.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA MM
Still not able to log in.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
Data point: I finally got my confirmation email, 3 days after I booked the flight.
Same here -received the three I was missing was last week early this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.