Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
I have AVG and have gotten the same warning a few times recently when loading the AA.com home page. Strange because sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't. I just chalk it up to some kind of screwup on AVG's part and haven't really worried about it.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I would imagine AA engages more than just one webserver to deliver AA.com to the masses. It is possible a server may have a corrupted page and it's not a false positive but an intermittent problem. Unfortunately I would not expect the first level support at Web Services to be equipped to address this issue, but it should be reported each and every time so maybe it will be escalated for a more in depth research.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I would imagine AA engages more than just one webserver to deliver AA.com to the masses. It is possible a server may have a corrupted page and it's not a false positive but an intermittent problem. Unfortunately I would not expect the first level support at Web Services to be equipped to address this issue, but it should be reported each and every time so maybe it will be escalated for a more in depth research.
Happy to do it but need to know: to whom does one report these things?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by 466SHH
Happy to do it but need to know: to whom does one report these things?
Personally, I'd use the website contact form. That should bypass the new, lesser-informed webservices team.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Just had a ticketed award reservation disappear from "My Trips" before my very eyes, and now it says I only have one trip when obviously two are ticketed, since this is a known problem should I freak out? I logged out, logged in again and even tried the AA app and it still only shows one trip...

Edit: It shows up when I manually enter in the record locator, so it's definitely a glitch on their part, lol.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by airplanegod
Just had a ticketed award reservation disappear from "My Trips" before my very eyes, and now it says I only have one trip when obviously two are ticketed, since this is a known problem should I freak out? I logged out, logged in again and even tried the AA app and it still only shows one trip...

Edit: It shows up when I manually enter in the record locator, so it's definitely a glitch on their part, lol.
Had this happen on Sunday, and it couldn't be found by the record locator on the website or the phone maze. A call to the EXP line just confirmed my suspicion: the SWUs had cleared for me and Mrs AT for this coming Wednesday. ^
Old Dec 25, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Under my account information (Advantage program), it no longer shows the
monthly transactions. This is Chrome bty.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:01 pm

Unable to use online check in today for my flight tomorrow on AA137. Tried clicking through the email link and also logging directly into AA.com. I called AA and they routed me to tech support in the Philippines. The fellow I spoke with had me clear cookies and browsing history, etc. but nothing worked. He seemed surprised. Told me it was their website and to try again shortly, like in 30 minutes.

Chrome popped another of those AVG virus messages while I had him on the phone. I read him the message and he acted like it was a real virus that was removed. That did not help my comfort level any.

I will try another computer in a few minutes.

Anyone else having this issue today?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
I was able to check in today for a flight tomorrow, but I used the Android app. So I can't really address a Chrome issue with check-in.

But tonight (Dec 31), I notice that when I try to check the flight status of a flight tomorrow by using my flight number and selecting "January 1", the information is returned labeled "Thursday, January 1, 2015" and actual departure/arrival times appear. The flight number of my flight tomorrow appears showing totally different cities, and the flights are shown as being "operated by US Airways". Could it really be that they are displaying status of flights from a year ago? Wow...
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:50 pm

Ultimately tried 3 different browsers, 2 computers, my blackberry and my iPad. Spoke with AA twice by phone and then tried the Twitter team. Still not checked in. Nobody can seem to find the problem. Everyone whose looked at the reservation says it looks fine to them. I guess I will head to the airport tomorrow morning an hour or so early and let someone there figure it out. Then I can go chill in the AC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.