Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:14 pm

True, I will try calling and getting my ISP to release my IP to get a new one. Yes I've tried using Incognito mode in Chrome, etc. I'll keep people updated
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
(My) Home internet banned from aa.com? (To merge)

Have you emptied your cache?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by olouie
A call to your ISP to change your IP could work.
Unless you have a non-static IP address (I have to pay extra for mine), your IP address should change if you reset your router, shouldn't it?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by krlcomm
Unless you have a non-static IP address (I have to pay extra for mine), your IP address should change if you reset your router, shouldn't it?
Depends on the ISP, but usually only if you leave it off for a period longer than the DHCP timeout which is typically a few hours to a few days. So just rebooting it usually doesn't cause a new IP address to be assigned.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
couple of things typically solve this problem. 1. completely shut down and restart both your computer and modem. 2. if that fails try another browser. I occasionally have problems that something doesn't work on chrome yet will work fine on firefox or explorer. I only keep all 3 browsers for this reason.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Hello all - noticed as of last night that none of my trip details are loading when logged in. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Have tried multiple browsers, multiple ISP's.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA 3M Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Just called EP Desk because my SWU's all showed zero but they said a system upgrade they were running overnight was still going and no one can see them currently, fyi.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: 2015 kettle
500mi upgrades not showing

I bought 4 a couple of days ago, hoping to get upgraded on a flight Saturday. They still don't show in my account, but phone agent said she sees them in there. Credit card shows the charge. Is this normal-should I be pursuing it since I could be upgraded tomorrow as a Platinum? Thx-new to aadvantage.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by mickeydfly13
I bought 4 a couple of days ago, hoping to get upgraded on a flight Saturday. They still don't show in my account, but phone agent said she sees them in there. Credit card shows the charge. Is this normal-should I be pursuing it since I could be upgraded tomorrow as a Platinum? Thx-new to aadvantage.
If the agent can see them, can s/he not apply them to your res?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: 2015 kettle
500mi upgrades not showing

I have requested the upgrade online. Shows requested, just not sure if they will be there tomorrow when the 72hr window comes.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
If the AAgent can see them in your account then they will be there when the computer tried to do the upgrade. They both use the back-office systems to see what is there. AA.com presents data from a different system that is supposed to get updated on some schedule, I doubt it is at every account change. I'd bet there is a sync run periodically to catch everything up. So I wouldn't worry too much right now.

If you get noticed when trying to do OLCI and you're upgrade is refused then do to missing 500-mile upgrades, THEN it's time to get on the phone and have it pushed through!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:46 pm

yeah thats normal. their systems are instant, whereas the profiles on the webpage and app take a few days / a week to update
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Neither e500s nor SWU were showing in our accounts on aa.com. This is a glitch.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by JDiver
Neither e500s nor SWU were showing in our accounts on aa.com. This is a glitch.
Happily, my SWUs and upgrades are showing. And correct!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
Happily, my SWUs and upgrades are showing. And correct!
Yes. Mine are showing (correctly) now as well.

Temporary glitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.